main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think the attempt to resurrect the Sith would be a good plot for the ST. That way you can keep them around without necessarily really bringing them back full force. It's a threat to work against, rather than directly face.

2. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    This could work as a plot point for why Luke hasn't been seen in so long. He keeps trying to warn everyone that the Sith are coming back and everyone keeps dismissing him. Either they don't believe him or think he can deal with the problem all on his own. He goes off to deal with it on his own and WHAM! He isn't heard from again.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    how would this fit in with Uber Luke???

4. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    There's always a bigger Uber.;)

If you think about it, at the end of ROTJ, Luke is Uber compared to Leia, so it's all a matter of perspective in how you apply the label Uber.

starocean90 likes this.
  5. Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2014
    In that very first shot of a teaser, we've seen something we never saw in SW before - a POV of a stormtrooper! I wouldn't exclude a possibility that stormtroopers are good now (good, good, good). They are just a regular soldiers who are loyal to Leia and (democratically elected) Senate, and the Republic/Empire. That particular scene looks like a pilot had an accident and had to jump/parachute to some planet on the outer rim (which is not controlled by Republic/Empire), very hostile environment. That's why he is upset - not because he is not a stormtrooper, but indeed because he is one - he represents the Republic/Empire to potentially hostile locals.
    So perhaps we'll have this time around a young Sith who basically takes over some existing rebel-group and takes on the Republic/Empire. Luke who previously maybe refused to repeat Yoda's mistake (during Yoda's tenure Jedis got close to the Republic and gained some awesome resources and access to executive branches of Government, but at the same time got exposed way too much), now has to intervene, perhaps on Leia's plead. Finally, to some innocent bystanders, Kylo Ren may appear as a leader of freedom fighters and Luke Skywalker (a son of Darth Vader) - defender of the establishment (just like his father before him).

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You may be reading too much into it. It seems that he does not believe in Force ghosting, but that does not mean he fails to believe in the living Force.

The living Force is most likely something that all Jedi believe in. Certainly nothing in TPM precludes this.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think that's almost likely what will be the main goal of the villains.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2014
    without a Jedi/Sith conflict (among other things) it ain't SW AFAIK.

I don't think they'll (JJ/Kasdan & co) create the issue where it does not exist: They ain't gonna explain the history of, or rationalize, or apologize for, new characters when they introduce them. They'll just gonna throw them into action and some history may be revealed latter on if necessary/popular with fans. Just how much we knew about Vader in ANH? It will be the same here, and that's the way to tell the story AFAIK.
    And that history always in small doses, so we want more...

EviL_eLF likes this.
  9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/01/30/lucasfilm-hunts-star-wars-photo-leaker.htm

10. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yessssssss let Disney make their own villains please.

11. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014

Be gentile...

That vid above is from my YouTube channel, and its more of a want, than what to expect. With all the Darth P-word talk, I wanted to change it up a bit around here, and bring it back to an earlier thought.

Redimet likes this.
  12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Can I be Semitic?

Darth Lurker likes this.
  13. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014
    Typo... lol

14. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I agree... and that seems like a Lucas kind of idea to me. Especially as we see the Sith homeworld in TCWC.

Dra--- likes this.
  15. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Sith and Jedi are the heroes and villians of Star Wars period. All you craving for Non-force masterminds, etc should just watch James Bond, Superman, or Mission Impossible for your fill. In this galaxy aside from Tarkin or Fett/Cad Bane no other villian is required but Sith. Get over it.

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP and Dra--- like this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Don't you think you're stretching things here? Based on this logic, Why don't we tell Bond fans to watch Superman or tell Mission Impossible Fans to watch Bond, etc.?
    tell the 501st that when they break into your home.

17. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Be gentle...
    I think we will get our no Jedi/Sith fill with some of the spin-offs, but I think a whole trilogy without some serious saber battles wouldn't work and we already have seen a red saber and heard Luke's, as well as seen some concept art of lightsaber battles.

With all the recent new rumors, I wonder who is leading the Empire and who constructed the rumored DSIII. Driver seems to start out as a republic pilot, based on the Greenham common pics, but maybe he is on the side of the supfaction that secretly built a DS? Maybe he is progeny of the Tarkins that wants to resurrect his grandpa's obsession...Or Christie is a Tarkin and will be wiped out in the finale by the terror her own ancestor once controlled..

Shadojoker likes this.
  18. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Ask the 501st who their boss is and how he's doing these days. ;)

Granek and Shadojoker like this.
  19. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    I think the baddie, will be......There are no bad people, just bad teachers. Also, bad goal line packages that lead to bad play calls...Which leads to the bad guys losing. Malcolm Skybutler...

20. Shadojoker

Dec 15, 2000

The 501st was disbanded after this.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wasn't saying that you don't need Sith. I was saying that there are non-Sith villains that are needed in addition to Sith.

Shadojoker and plaidphoenix like this.
  22. Shadojoker

Dec 15, 2000
    I agree but as was said before..that's what the spin-offs will be focused on (Non-force users - heroes and villains). But i'm pretty sure you will get to see several non-Sith villains during the ST. Based on the trailer, the stormtroopers play a significant part and this time they might actually hit something!!

23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    so the new rumor Making posted possibly eliminates Plagueis as the villain as the villain seems to be an Ancient Sith (had a feeling) but the fact that we are talking about resurrection means this movie will expand on the force.[face_dancing]

Dra--- and nightangel like this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Fits in with Serkis' character apparently looking like a zombie.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I've always felt that if IX is the end of the Saga, the big bad should be Ruin or Bane because they started this Sith problem that the galaxy has faced for so long.

Dra---, TK327, nightangel and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.