main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's the best (or worst) villain from a Spielberg film?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Son of the Suns, Jul 31, 2002.

?

Who's the best (or worst) villain from a Spielberg film?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. "Bruce" the Great White Shark (Jaws)

9.0%
  2. Rene Belloq (Raiders of the Lost Ark)

6.7%
  3. Mola Ram (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom)

4.5%
  4. Walter Donovan (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)

3.4%
  5. Captain Hook (Hook)

3.9%
  6. The T-Rex (Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park)

5.6%
  7. The Raptors (Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park)

35.4%
  8. Amon Goeth (Schindler's List)

23.6%
  9. Lamar Burgess (Minority Report)

5.6%
  10. Other

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ_Skywalker

AJ_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
  2. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Goeth

He's not my favorite, but he is the most evil.

3. clone_commando_1993

clone_commando_1993 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2005
    The tripods (or the aliens that operatd them) in war of the worlds sent shivers up my spine were my favorite

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Raptors are fun, but Goeth is far more horrifying.

5. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    The raptors.

6. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Yeah, I had to go with the Nazi too. Can't get much scarier than one of them [face_frustrated]

But I do recall almost freaking out when I first saw the kitchen scene with the raptors... *shudder*

7. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    In the end he wasn`t a villian though...

8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Amon Goeth from Schindler's List. It was a brilliant character, by the end of the film I really hated him.

9. SeventhAngelicSlayer

SeventhAngelicSlayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2005
    I voted for the Raptors, but I really liked the mother T-Rex, too - I have a soft spot for the Jurassic Park franchise, in case you didn't guess. The shark from Jaws was also pretty good. For me, when villains like the shark, who seem to be just evil for no good reason are really frightening. Although, I can't stress how much sharks are not just these evil creatures that some people think them to be, and even the guy who wrote the original book that Jaws was based on has since written a book about how the sharks are NOT evil.

MINOR SPOILERS FOR WAR OF THE WORLDS AHEAD:

I though the aliens were good, but it was better when they were just in their tripods. Because I also find the villains are more creepy when you can't see their faces, you don't know who and/or what they are. The way the aliens looked seemed better suited for those one or two moments of humor in the movie, instead of the intense drama that dominated it. Plus, it was more difficult for me because the aliens looked like a cross between the aliens from Independece Day and the creatures from the first Scooby Doo movie, I mean, one was supposed to be scary, threatening, and intimidating, and the other was supposed to really silly and comedic. Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, but I thought they could have done better with the aliens. Just my thoughts.

10. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Amon Goeth.

I don't really consider the Raptors villains. They were just doing what was in their nature. If there was any villain in Jurassic Park, it was mankind's arrogance.

*steps off her soapbox* :p

11. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Amon Goeth. Hands down. He was real, a person who actually lived. And that makes him the most evil out of all of them.

12. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    I didn't vote for the dinos or the shark from Jaws since they were forces of nature rather than true antagonists.

My 2 cents on the villains of the Indy trilogy:

Mola Ram was a badass. That evil laugh and headress. Ripping people's hearts out then setting them on fire in hot pits. Enslaving children. Brainwashing people with the Blood of Kali. Dropping his own men off a cliff. Almost kicking Indy's ass. That dude was rocking.

Belloq and Toht were badasses as well. Belloq spoke Hovitos and even put the moves on Indy's woman. He was in a way the *evil Indy* as he put it: "It would only take a nudge to make you like me". And Toht had that sneering laugh and that coat hanger scene. What a classic pair of scumbags.

And Donovan. Ahem.....he was a joke. Well his death scene was kinda cool.

Amon Goeth was certainly an evil man. He was made more terrifying due to his plasure of destroying innocent lives. Brilliantly played by Ralph Fiennes.

So I guess for me it's a tossup between Goeth, Mola Ram,Belloq and Toht.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.