main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's the better Pilot? Anakin or Luke?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    So as we know from the movies and the books, these two are perhaps the best Jedi pilots. But who's better?

Anakin: Didn't have a StealthX, and he didn't really have as many advanced ships as Luke did. He saved Palpatine from Grievous by flying through a storm of capital ships and starfighters and even helped Obi-Wan out when he needed it without getting a scratch. When he turned to Vader he didn't really fly much because of the suit.

Luke: Has a StealthX but he managed to fake his own death in Inferno and make it look like he died. He probably flew more battles than Anakin did in the Clone Wars. He is the Jedi Grand Master who is more experienced than Anakin was.

In your opinion, who's better?

RF: We don't really do vs. threads here, since they're usually just discussions of people's opinions...

2. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Anakin.

There are about a dozen or so pilots better than Luke besides him, though. :p

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I'd have to go with Anakin. He has more examples of his flying prowess than Luke ever had.

4. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Theyre both naturally gifted pilots who are a cut above the majority of other pilots. Whether this is only attributed to the Force or not I'm not too sure. Though Luke didnt do too well piloting the skipray on Myrkr.. But I think mainly Anakin because he spent a good deal of his life in the pilot seat where as Luke once he became a Jedi sort of stepped back from piloting. He still did I know but not as manny battles

5. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    Anakin, hands down.

Landed a flaming shell of a capital ship by himself. Unmatched.

And a podracer at 9 years old. The only human in history of any age.

6. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    To be fair, so did Luke.

Not that I think he's better or anything.

7. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I'd have to say Anakin. He could fly/ride any vehicle equally as well.

Anakin could literally fly space junk. Podraced at seven, won at nine, First real dogfight that won the day at nine. What was Luke doing when he was nine? Anakin is just the gifted one when it came to mechanics. He made R2 what he is and 3PO hands down. I don't see that Luke could make a 3PO.

Luke can fly a state of the art ship well, but not everything. I don't think he would have blown up the death star without Obi-wan's help and presence. Luke is more gifted in the force I think, but he has nothing on dad when it comes to building and making things and flying (and let's not forget, Anakin invented TIE fighters and their ion engines). He was a genius in that respect.

8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Anakin. He was a mechanical whiz at the age of 9, and loved to fly all his life. Mind you, Luke still is pretty good.

9. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Ive already said that Anakin was better but in Luke's defence he was flying T16's during his youth (not sure for how long though) through beggars canyon threading the needle. And during ANH it was mentioned a few times, setting Luke up, to be a good pilot (mentioned by Obi Wan, Biggs) So just because we didnt see him fly when he was little doesnt mean he didnt

10. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I don't think anyone is doubting Luke's ability, he's a great pilot. Anakin was just exceptionally gifted. Luke did inherit his father's talents, though.

[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.