main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's the Hero?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Archimage, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013
    Who me...? I double posted earlier on this thread because I felt it was appropriate. Aside from that, I think that I've been pretty responsible in editing my postings. I've been including only the relevant info as it relates to my responses. [face_dunno] Granted, I should probably head off somewhere else to write a book or something at this point... As you wish... ^:)^

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

Immortiss likes this.
  3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

It made sense to me ;) (I used the disjointed format to try to lessen the (larger) wall of text it would have been - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - hey ho)
    I probably could whack together a plot synopsis using the various ideas I've had in the various threads, but then again that may take too long to do and I have other, more important real life shizzle to attend to.
    I like your line of thinking on HF. He's older now, and has done a 360 regarding his views on the character and the franchise?
    And I agree with you when you say "something tells me we'll get it too" - I think the whole ensemble thing is something that JJ wants to recapture. I would guess it's part of what he means when he says they are taking it back to it's roots.

Nenim Chela likes this.
  4. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Salacious B . Crumb is the new hero.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    If the new hero is female and depending on the story, a great name might be Ariana or Ariadne. One is Welsh and the other Greek and it means, 'Silver'. Silver Skywalker. Like a Silver Bullet to the heart of Plagueis or the next Big Bad.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Look to Lucas original ideas, and scripts, Look at the current mini series ThStar wars
    he likes to recycle names, and ideas

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Cos Skywalker
    Luke Da****
    Both perfect IMO.

8. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    I think a cade skywalker type charcter would be cool, the bounty hunter/jedi who says meh to luke and his teachings

9. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I don't know. He might have allowed the use of names like Count Sandage knowing he wasn't going to need them in the future. Although those names are great. I'm sure he did his research an added a few new names. I would love to see the older names recycled.

I wonder if we'll see Vader's Castle. Something that had been worked on in the Fall of 1977. Also, heroes riding an manta like flying creature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'd love to see something like Vader's castle.

Like the aiwha from AOTC?

Immortiss likes this.
  11. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    In the letters page of "The Star Wars" 3. said that some of the things we see, in the mini series, will show up in the ST, but pf course, he wasn't specific.
    And he's the guy who wrote the Making Of series, and he'll no doubt be writing the making of Episode seven.

12. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I would most like for the new hero to come from some really enigmatic and intriguing planet unlike anything we would conceive of, and have a history full of conflict from being force-sensitive in a place where it is not understood or accepted. Or something to that effect, a more original hero that throws us for a loop and gives us something unexpected.

As far as the actual reality of what will (in all likelihood) be in the movie, I would rather have it be Leia and Han's child than anything else; I think that makes for a more interesting and cogent story than having Luke be the father of the hero (not that I want to debate that, it has been argued to death on these boards).

I think it should continue the trend of the OT of not having a dominant protagonist. Luke was the main hero, but not by a huge margin. I want to see a set of new heroes developed.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd imagine the main hero will be force sensitive but I want a strong non force sensitive character as well.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Master_Sword

Master_Sword Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2003
    I'd like the hero to be likable and not engage in morally questionable behavior, so no "gritty" Star Wars hero; let's leave the neck-breaking and casual executions to Superman and Optimus Prime, please.

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Meh, Vader isn't the castle type. He'd prefer a fortress - or a bunker.

Dra--- likes this.
  16. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Luke Skywalker is the hero! :)

Dra--- likes this.
  17. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Apparently Lucas felt he was the Castle type, but perhaps that was before our different understanding of the noble title of Lord. Hey, isn't a castle a type of fortress? There may be a bunker within, too. Pevra, if you look hard there are more similarities than differences.

The figure on the side of the sketch looks interesting. A bacta tank with a rare species inside preserved? Research, Lord Vader?

Darth Chiznuk and Dra--- like this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    In the original treatment, the hero was meant to be female and (I believe) Luke's sister (who he trains in the ST).

Obviously, that cannot happen now. I expect the hero to be Luke's lost daughter, or something. Definitely female, though.

Immortiss likes this.
  19. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    The Orphan Skywalker, Ariadne.

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I don't know. It doesn't appear as if movie Darth Vader cares about aesthetics or worldly values.

As for castles being a type of fortress, it depends on the type of castle. Medieval castles were more like fortresses than this:

[​IMG]

If Vader were to have "a castle" it wouldn't be built to look beautiful. I think it would more closely resemble a dark fortress of fantasy fare.

[​IMG]

This is more like it. Of course, it would need to be SF-looking with visible guns and landing platforms and such. But thick walls, few windows is a more "Vader"-look.

That is something Vader would do.

21. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    You know, I looked at the letters page and didn't read that. The Editor stated, and I'm paraphrasing here, that the events depicted in The Star Wars covers events of Episode IV, more or less. There are some elements from the PT. And future issues of the comic will anticipate ROTJ and 'other films'. This doesn't necessarily mean the ST...anticipate is different than reference, or not?

Edit: Darth_Pevra: Yes, I don't see Vader having a royal ball (stop laughing) and dancing the minuet. His castle would be a fortress of evil. Luke or the next generation may have an interest in seeing the place. What artifacts, if any, might they find there?

Dra--- and Darth_Pevra like this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    You don't know how many fanfictions I have seen where they had balls at the imperial courts and everyone was wearing cindarella dresses and such.

I too would find it cool if Vader's relatives could find some mysterious artifacts - or even test subjects in carbonite hybernation. When Vader was speaking of the crude facilities on cloud city, did he compare them to his own carbonite machine?

23. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    The 'crude facilities' were written in to heighten the possibility that Han may not survive the process. Great writing. But it might be used if the story called for it, right?

Dra--- and Darth_Pevra like this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Exactly. Vader knows himself some carbonite chambers, doesn't he? Were did he acquire detailed knowledge about them?

And just because Sith Vader doesn't exist anymore, doesn't mean he can't cast a very long dark shadow over the galaxy's future. Who knows what his twisted mind cooked up.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The big twist could be that Vader's castle is actually a giant carbonite chamber.

Best since ESB.

Dra--- likes this.