main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's the real co-lead Finn or Kylo? Who SHOULD it be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Gyasi Mandara, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gyasi Mandara

Gyasi Mandara Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    First post on this form. Me an my friends got into a deep discussion about who was the real co lead going forward with eps 8 and 9. Ep 7 really set up Kylo to have a bigger impact than Finn in the MAIN plot, but you also have to take into consideration the character development Finn got in ep7. Finn is my fav but as of now i would have to say Kylo Ren should be the co-lead going forward.

2. memmorio

memmorio Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2015
    Well... Kylo is an antagonist. The film has 2 lead protagonists. Among those 2 is Finn. This dynamic may change in the next film, but we haven't the faintest idea at the moment.

3. Mars457

Mars457 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 3, 2013
    It's Finn. Rey and Finn were deliberately split up, probably so that they can develop separately before reuniting.

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Rey is the main character and Finn is her co-lead. Ben is the main antagonist.

5. MJ-100

MJ-100 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    If you already want to get rid of a character who just enters the first chapter of his story, then I doubt he is you "your fav".

Obiwan10 likes this.
  6. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
  7. Gyasi Mandara

Gyasi Mandara Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    Never said i wanted to get rid of him. I just said as things looking right now i don't believe the writers are setting him up to be that important in the main plot. He will always be my fav even if he is a sideline player.

MJ-100 likes this.
  8. ReyKenobi

ReyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Dec 29, 2015
    JJ said in past interviews that Kylo is going to be the focus of the movies. He also said in another interview that the movie will now focus on one young woman and one young man. I think it's Rey and Kylo.

We already see that Kylo has room for redemption. After he kills Han, the script says that Kylo feels weakened rather than stronger so it's likely he'll eventually turn back to the light. There are a ton of other details that show his struggle (some less clear than others), but I won't get into all of them.

I don't know. Finn is a lovable character and I haven't met someone who doesn't like him yet, but I feel like Kylo has more inner and outer conflicts to explore that should be a focus of the movies.

Little_Boots and rowan_greenleaf like this.
  9. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Admiral Ackbar

Enkei, Blueandwhite and Darth__Lobot like this.
  11. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Finn probably got the most Air time or that of Equal to Rey.

I think that may stay much the same, However I do feel that Ren is more important to the overall story than Finn

12. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I've never heard him say this. Could you post the quote?

Obiwan10 and rhymecheat like this.
  13. Pfcoolio14

Pfcoolio14 Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015
    The special thing about Finn is that he's a blank slate. This could either be a good thing or a bad thing.
    The writer's may be able to create a potentially new and fresh story for him. Or, what I expect is more likely, without any previous backstory to expand on, he may be underutilized.

14. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015

IT's a TRAP

15. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I would say this never happen.

Regarding the post, I believe the story about the ST is clearly about Rey and Kylo, who are most likely the grandchildren of Vader.

16. SandStorm06

SandStorm06 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    Kylo Ren is the antagonist, his story will be important but Star Wars has always gave importance to antagonists, doesn't really mean they'd magically become the co-lead. Kylo's redemption arc or further murderous rampages will be a major part of the story but Finn is the positive co-lead. No amount of wishing otherwise can change it sadly. Antagonists will have their own story, protagonists will have their own. Three people can co-exist in the same story. The main story set up will probably revolve around Kylo, Rey and their familial connection and the struggle between non-dark/dark side. But Finn is a co-lead for all purposes, his story is entwined with Rey's.

Nanosoft likes this.
  17. avasatu

avasatu Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Finn was too try hard, though I liked him alot at some points. Also, the main antagonist is generally more of the co lead than the secondary antagonist.

18. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    I'm seeing some very strange questions on the boards lately.

19. MilesEdgeworth

MilesEdgeworth Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    It's obviously Tr8r.

But on a serious note, I'd imagine it's the two that they have doing the majority of the press for this movie.

On another note are people really that obsessed with a Reylo romance that they want a rehash of the OT trilogy with romantic undertones?

afrojedi and Nanosoft like this.
  20. Tharionn

Tharionn Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2015
    To be quite honest I've noticed alot more questions regarding FINN. Undercover producers and disney trying to figure out if they should make him the big star. :p Serious....mostly. xD

21. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    TR-8R :cool:

Force22 likes this.
  22. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Finn by far. Kylo signed his death warrant adios'ing Solo.

Nanosoft and Obiwan10 like this.
  23. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    I think Ben Solo and Kylo Ren will be great adversaries going forward. Driver could really have fun with this.

24. ReyKenobi

ReyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Dec 29, 2015
    Someone else had said this in a different thread and they had been posting trustworthy sources previously so I figured they were right. Apparently it's from a much older interview.

But these movies were also supposed to focus on the Skywalker legacy and there's only one young Skywalker that we know of. I don't think I'd bet on Rey being another Skywalker. JJ also says that the Force, in his opinion, should be more spiritual based rather than blood based. That being said, I feel like Rey could be that spiritual force connection while Ben represents the familial force connection.

25. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    They both are. It's not a competition.

Force22 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.