main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's the saga's Least Evil Villain?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jamiebacca, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avid_Prequels_Fan

Avid_Prequels_Fan Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    Least evil villain in the saga? Nute Gunray. The complete pawn and coward. I even feel sorry for him when he is begging for his life before Darth Vader kills him. He's pretty pathetic.

2. On_Your_Six

On_Your_Six Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    I honestly would have to say Darth Maul. Taken when he was a young child, taught nothing but blind hatred based on terrible abuse... He wasn't evil... Just filled with hatred... Poor guy

3. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    LOL!

Me too.

4. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    Nute Gunray cause he really didn't come off as evil, he came off as a idiot.

Gen. Grevious, I didn't really feel he could beat the Jedi or was a Major threat. The dude runs and doesn't stay and fight. Babbles about he killed so many Jedi going to add another saber to his collection then he runs!.

The Gen Grevious in the Clone Wars Cartoon is scarey than the one in the movie.

5. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Don't forget, he also eggs his dad on to blast Obi-Wan out of the sky and laughs when he thinks Obi's dead. Then again, it's the same guy that came at his dad with a lightsaber just hours before, so some of that's justified.

I guess I'd go with Nute Gunray. He wasn't even ready to invade Naboo because he was unsure of its legality.

6. Owain-MakashiStyle

Owain-MakashiStyle Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2007
    I think Dooku maybe had more to him than just evil, on Geonosis he tried to tell Obi Wan what was really going on, granted he ended duelling them both BUT he could have killed Anakin, instead he just left him with one arm missing. If Dooku had survived i could have seen him betraying Palpatine and even trying(not neccesarily suceeding) to stop Palpatine.
    Oh and Whoever said he wasn't deadly, Dooku ruled

7. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    The Neimodians. They are more puppets to Sidious's evil plan.

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
  9. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    I don't know, I think 'The page cannot be displayed' had more to do with the Hutts than we think.

10. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    *chuckles* he he he he he !!

11. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    Over the years most villians have been retconned to be anti-heroes. First Boba Fett then Grievous. I say bounty hunters obviously aren't villians because they are only in it for the money. All the sith are pure evil except perhaps Vader (due to retconning) has become a more tragic character although I think by the time of the OT Anakin was pretty much gone and he was very evil. Everyone in the Empire was just taking orders, same deal with the Seperatists.

12. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Tarkin certainly wouldn't be "Just taking Orders" given that it very well may have been his idea to destroy Alderaan.

13. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    Purple words on a grey background is evil. Just ask Ne'eil Yungg.

14. Jedi_Alec

Jedi_Alec Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2001
    Nute Gunray, without a doubt.

15. mastertristan

mastertristan Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2007
    i think the guy who pressed the button to switch the laser on in the death star is the least evil person in the galaxy, he just pressed a button!

As for everyone else, the rebels were saints either they wiped out millions of lives on destroying both death stars and destroying the imperial fleet!

Luke Skywalker has almost if not more deaths on his hand the his father had!

16. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, but the Rebels are at war with the Imperials. Killing them would be the result of that.

17. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    He does, but none that he killed were innocents.

18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Watto. OK, he did keep slaves, but I think that for a slave owner, he actualy treated his slaves quite well. He did seem to have genuine affection for Anakin and seemed happy to see him when Anakin visited him in AOTC. I felt sorry for him, when he was clearly down on his luck by Episode II. I don't think he had a happy end to his life. :(

19. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    Anakin/Vader is until the moment were he choke Padme. Prior to that he had at least some justification for what he was doin(everything was to save her anything else didn't matter) once he attacked her he made everything he had done before worthless and then become a agent of evil.

20. RedFive77

RedFive77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2007
    I'd say he became an agent of evil the moment he stopped Mace from destroying the Sith.

21. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I'd say Nute Gunray..he was just a pawn of the Sith.

22. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Ponda Baba? He didn't really get far on the evil-o-meter...

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Nute Gunray was a pawn of the Sith for sure, and I certainly felt a pang of sympathy for him when he met his violent end, but he was pretty evil, really. I mean, he was greedy, selfish, bitter and resentful. He wanted Padme dead and her head on his desk. He cared nothing for invading a peaceful planet and presumably bringing about the deaths of scores of people.

I still say Watto is far more deserving as least evil villain than Nute. ;)

24. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Admiral Ozzel.

I reckon that guy worked for the Rebels and screwed up the attack on Hoth intentionally.:eek:

He dismissed the rebels being on Hoth. He came out of lightspeed too close the the system. And he patronised Darth Vader!

25. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Well, Shaitan, you know me and nutty theories... :p

I fully agree. I've always believed this. There is something up with that guy. Coming out of lightspeed too quickly is the real clue. It's like Ozzel said, "OK, I'm screwed!" (when his officer blurted out the location to Vader), so he decided to make sure the Rebels got some kind of advanced warning (hence the lightspeed "error"). You have to wonder: there were surely some people working within (moles/spies/people sympathetic to the Rebellion) that did everything in their power to halt the march of the Empire.

Or maybe the guy just had a bit of Jar Jar in him ("He's as clumsy as he is stupid..."). Afterall, there's a bit of Jar Jar in everyone, right? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.