main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's to write Episode III

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I know it's been done, but this is a "who is likely" thread, not a "who would you like" thread.

Brooks, a well-known fantasist, wrote Episode I. His connection to SW: His first novel came out same years as ANH. He was also a Del Rey author.

Salvatore is writing Episode II. His connection: He wrote Vector Prime, a dark Star Wars novel. He is also a pretty well-known fantasist.

So who will write Episode III? My guess is that it will be, very likely, Troy Denning based on the observations above.

2. BEEF

BEEF Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Nah, it'll be James Luceno, he's Del Reys boy at the moment. He's kinda like the Del Rey version of Kevin J. Anderson. KJA was the guy that BDD got to write a book whenever a spare one needed writin' and Luceno seems to be fulfillin' that function now. I'd put money on Luceno bein' the author a episode III novel.

3. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    ADF is where my money sits.

4. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    ADF has been my longtime wish and prediction, too, but in this case I was just looking at that pattern.

5. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I think it'll either be Denning or Luceno, most likely Luceno.

6. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    I know Im gunna sould dumb.. but it is 1:53am here... who the heck is ADF?

7. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Alan Dean Foster?

8. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    While this isn't very constructive I'll add this anyway.

Personally I really hope Denning doesn't get even a chance to write the SW3 novel.

I would rather not see ADF (Alan Dean Foster, you are right Mace) write SW3 either. I don't have anything against him like I do with Denning's work but there are many better choices.

It's a guess but I would be fairly suprised if Luceno got the book.

9. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    After SbS, I would be very pleased if I discovered that Denning was the author of Episode III - Revenge of the Wampa.

10. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Zahn-he wrote many things about pre GCW in his books. It would be a great plot to bring Thrawn in freom the UR in epi.3.

11. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Ummm....I can GUARANTEE that Thrawn will not be in Episode III.

12. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Mike Stackpole?

He's having troubles at the moment, besides he is one of the major Star Wars authors.

13. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I'm putting my money on Troy Denning.

14. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Alan Dean Foster would be my primary choice. I wouldn't mind Salvatore, I like his style a lot. Stackpole...well, while I count myself among those who love his books and Corran Horn, I'm not sure how he'd do it without having to fixate on Corran Horn :) Seriously, We'll probably have to wait until 2004 before we hear anything.

15. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    What about an author that hasn't previously written Star Wars, like Brooks? If this does happen, I hope the author does a good a job as Brooks with knowledge of Star Wars and the Star Wars EU.

16. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I'll side with DL on this one :D

EDIT, wait...I started this thread....DL agreed with me :D

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm sticking my neck out for the dark horse longshot... Peter David.

Like Brooks, a talented "outsider," who gets brought in for the movie novelization.

18. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    No. I would LOVE to see David do a Star Wars novel...but not a novelization. Give him what he wants, let him tie up about a gazillion different unresolved plots and conflicting accounts in one novel. It's what he's good at.

19. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    Tom Clancy of course!!

but seriuosly i would say Troy Denning

20. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    Troy Denning

21. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I haven't a clue who'll end up. I would prefer it not to be Denning or Luceno. It would be sweet if Stackpole got it. Maybe it would help him out money wise. Salvatore would be great too, I just love the way he does battle scenes and I am sure there are some epic ones he could deliver if given this venture. I was hoping it would be Alan Dean Foster. I read in Insider that he said he was really hoping to be asked, too. It would kinda tie the two trilogies together too, IMO.

Makes me wish I was a publishing czar.

22. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    If were talking along the lines of authors who've already touched the Star Wars universe I'd look to Luceno or ADF. But say they pulled another first timer for the novelization as they did with Brooks (who did a phenomenal job by the way) I would love to see what Neil Gaiman could do with the saga(mostly wishful thinking here.) Some would say his brand of fantasy does not fit SW eu but I think he proved in "Neverwhere" that he could handle both battle scenes and juggling around a bunch of characters. His imagery is unparalled.

23. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Do you really believe Foster writing Ep3 would 'tie the trilogies together? Plus, that was one big rumour after he kept promoting himself. The Approaching Storm is what he got, don't wait for more. Plus, all the novels so far are by different authors. So why not simply use a sixth author?

Denning sounds the most probable to me - I can't say why. But we should always consider a big surprise like Brooks, who never wrote SW before.

But I can see it... "STAR WARS EPISODE III: RISE OF THE GRAND ADMIRAL" by Timothy Zahn & Michael A. Stackpole

While there's turmoil in the galaxy, Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious is busy reconfiguring his cloning machines so they work after the Spaarti cylinder concept.
    In the meantime, General Kenobi leads a huge fleet of Dreadnaughts called the Katana Fleet against a Clone army, but enters the wrong hyperspace coordinates. The fleet is lost, and Kenobi hides on Tatooine.
    With the battle against the clones lost, the Republic faces destruction. But just then Grand Admiral Thrawn reappears from the unknown regions, annihilating all evil clones with his superior strategies. Triumphantly he arrives at Coruscant, declaring Palpatine the new Emperor. In reality, he only needs a willing puppet he can use to unfold his plans...
    Finally Anakin Skywalker must face the consequences for his evil deeds. After fighting Jedi after Jedi, he had found Yoda on Dagobah, only to lose this fight in the cave. He retreats, but kidnaps Padme. In a huge battle, his armies devastate the planet Honogrrh, and all Jedi are wiped out.
    All but one. Corran Horn, sent back in time by the will of the force, fights Anakin in a lava cave. He wins, but decides to cripple Anakin instead of killing him, for the sake of timeline's continuity. He returns to his own time.
    In the last scene of Episode III, we will see Thrawn musing about the great dangers in the unknown regions. He says that he alone can save the galaxy by training the army during a great civil war. The winner will be prepared for fight... the Yuzzhan Vong.
    End credits of the movie are mostly absorbed by DelRey commercials.

includes cameos by Pellaeon, Mara Jade, Noghrri Commandos, Talon Karrde as father of Han Solo, Ysanne Isard as Mrs. Palpatine and Nejaa Halcyon, brother of Obi-Wan Kenobi!

24. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Grey 1, LOL, this is fabulous! Quick make Grey 1 Stackpole and Zahn's agent. Start a petition poll on the web. For God's sake e-mail GL! Looks like we have a winner on our hands!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.