main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Who's up for AVP-R as in adult members only.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Vangarian, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    I have a little question. Would it work if the get together were to take place the weekend before Halloween? Just a thought. If not I'm open for suggestions.

2. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't know if Mike can make it on a Sunday, Damian, as I believe his obligation to his parents' ministry is enabled. Golly we really seem to have hit a snare, haven't we? :( Is there any hope? [face_worried]

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    HUH?

Parents? My father is dead and my mother is 2500 miles away.

What ministry?

I'm very confused.

4. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Uh,...I was talking about Mike. His parents are in the Ministry. :) You'll notice that Sundays (usually) are not an option for him when it comes to RPGs. [face_peace]

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    IC... I guess I read it wrong then.

6. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    At any rate. I guess we'll have to discuss this some more and see if we can all get together like you were suggesting. My question is what weekend on the activities calender is open for us all to get together for a Alien, Predator, AvP Fest, before actually seeing the AVP-R movie around Christmas time. If this doesn't look feasible without a lot of earth shattering upheavel then I'll just opt for us trying to go to the AVP-R movie and everyone else just view the earlier movies at their own convenience as they see fit. I don't want to make waves for TFF's events schedule. :) That (the schedule being clear for important events) takes precedence on what's important for the group on the whole. [face_peace] With that having been said I shall retire for the evening. Goodnight all! :D

7. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    HMMM well guaranteed I will have Christmas day off I would love to go see it opening day!!!

8. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Chris old buddy, you like grabbing life by the horns don't you? [face_cowboy] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

I would consider that a nice Christmas gift to me too. :p

Is there a 2nd on that motion? [face_whistling]

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yep! I'm totally in for seeing this first day (I saw AvP opening day)!

10. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    OK most everyone here knows how much of an AVP freak I am. Seriously it rivals Star Wars!

So opening weekend of AVP Amber and I go to the movies...and what do we get to see??? Pricess Diaries 2 NOT AVP!!! No way I am going to miss it again!!!

(I did get to see it the second weekend however but still it the fact of the matter!)

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    You aremore into that than anyone else I've met.

So taking your wife to see a Anne Hathaway picture (I think she's hot but I won't go to the movies just to see her on a "Big" screen) over AvP shows how much you like her. I hope she know how much of a sacrifice that was.@};-

12. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Ok, so that's 2-3 people so far for Christmas Day viewing of AvP-R. Who else officially? You do realize there might have to be purchasing of tickets ahead of time too, just in case. Also which theatre? All important questions as a group. I myself am partial to El Con for its central location. But I also like Park Place too. Cathy? Chris? Damian? Suggestions?

13. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    El Con is usually a little less crowded and is closer for us way out westsiders. We can also Fandango the tickets.

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm easy... as to what theater.

15. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Its looking good for El Con so far. Next which time is usually considered the official hour of viewing on the average. Matinee? Afternoon? Who's done Christmas day opening for a movie like this before?

16. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    The only way I could see this on Christmas Day would be if I were to see it at the midnight showing... I'm gonna be busy the rest of the day.

17. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    I would say late evening that way we can still have our xmas dinners and what nots. Maybe like 8-10pm?

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Sounds god to me, I'm easy

19. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    holidays = no matinee pricing

20. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Sigh! :(

Still do-able of course.

21. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Don't know If I'll be able to make it. Of course I won't know until like Xmas Eve.

22. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Well...as near as I can figure it'll be a close call for me as well. This being due to the work week situation I may find myself having to work the following morning well before dawn. The trick would be seeing to my sleep needs earlier on the 25th So that I could partake of the viewing of Avp-R with the rest of you at El Con.

23. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Totally want to see this.

big_boss_nass hasn't been on the boards for a while but he'll want to go.

24. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Bumping this to the top. We have going so far....

Phil
    Matt
    Brandon
    myself

Jon are you still planning on making it?
    I will be buying tickets this weekend!

25. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Ummm... me