Who's up for Jedi-Con?

Discussion in 'FanForce: Conventions Europe' started by Obi Anne, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_swordofJedi Jedi Knight

I don't tihnk I'd make it to Jedicon, but I plan to go to the second Celebration.
  2. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
  3. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Since I'm taking a year out from college, I might move to a maybe [face_peace]
  4. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    As much as I really would like to go...I'm contemplating whether or not to go back and work at a US summer camp like I did last summer. Camp. Jedi-con. Which to choose! [face_thinking] Plus it will be the start of my final year at uni so that might become a factor, meh :(
  5. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    It's the Easter weekend, so you can do both if you wanted to.
  6. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah that is true, but like all things it all depends on the money [face_money_eyes] I dunno, I really do fancy it, I just doubt I can commit to it right here and now :)

Will have a think about it [face_thinking]
  7. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I am not sure about the money yet, but it would be fun. And the flights are not actually that expensive right now. Hmm. If I find roommates for the hotel, the cost might not be bad at all. And if nothing else, I might finally succeed in seducing Senny if I go! [face_batting]
  8. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    you make it sound as if you tried before o_O
  9. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Clearly we have substantially different ideas of what constitutes seduction. For example, that fire I kindled at the bar was supposed to represent the furnace of my love. :p
  10. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    I may not be much of one but I still am a "man", so that was waaaaaaay too subtle :p

so yeah, plz afford Jedi-Con
  11. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Yes, I want you to come as well! Even if I guess I'm not as attractive as Senny.
  12. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    [face_love]

Oh, don't put yourself down that way. [face_batting]
  13. MandoJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    If I can get a cheap flight, I'll be going to Jedi-Con.
  14. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    The cost of flights from here is lower than I would have thought... :D
  15. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've started looking into flights and will start looking into hotels and hostels very soon. I'm hoping to go but need to sort out holiday time at work (which might be a problem) but I'll do my best :D

My aim is to have a final decision made and everything put into place just after the New Year [face_peace]
  16. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    That would be just great! *crosses fingers for you*
  17. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Matt, can't you claim that you have become a reborn Christian and refuses to work over Easter or something like that if you get problems with your schedule. ;)
  18. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Always claim you're going to some family thing... employers are more sympathetic to that than a Star Wars convention. That's what I'm almost certainly going to say. :D

I'll probably be buying my ticket soon. So how does it work, is it like an auditorium with assigned seats? Should I try to buy tickets in a group with others I know so I can sit near people? Anyone else going to be buying soon?

Too many questions... and I think I've had too much coffee.
  19. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    not assigned seats, but an assigned block. Like some of us are in... F, I believe
  20. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    So, how big are the blocks? Is it a fair bet that if I buy now, I'll know other people who end up in the same block I do?
  21. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    I don't really know, but I got 462 and am in F, so... do the math or something ;)
  22. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    So that would be, what, 247 people per block assuming that the lettering starts at K and runs backwards and that the numbering begins at -42?
  23. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    I got the ticket the day before yesterday. :) Now all that remains is plane. I still have to check if I'll be arriving to Düsseldorf from London or Croatia. ;)
  24. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Just, and I can never stress this enough, make sure it's Düsseldorf International (DUS) and not Niederrhein "forbidden by court to have 'Düsseldorf' in its name" Weeze (NRN), cuz it has nothing to do with Düsseldorf. It's near Kleeve for Force's sake.
  25. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    So basically stay off the Ryanair flights?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.