main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Who's up for the 'one last viewing' on June 25th?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by prof_frink, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prof_frink

prof_frink Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 1, 1999
    I'm thinking that I want to catch AOTC one more time before it's taken out of the DLP theatre - who's up for it?

I'm thinking June 25th (a tuesday) but I'm flexible for any other day - except weekends...

So - any takers?

2. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Actually I'll have to ask at the Grande to find out when their last show will be. I'll be going to the very last showing either in the Grande, or in cinema 2. I'd also be interested in the very last showings at the DLP theaters, but those would be Thursday nights.

Still, depending on how things look I could see joining you for the show on the 25th.

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Is that the confirmed last showing in DLP?

4. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    I don't know - I just know I'm busy next week - and the week after is better for me - I guess I'm just hoping it's still playing that week... cuz quite frankly I don't want to go to the grande again - the sound there was horrible - especially after seeing it at collosus...

5. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

well personally, i am trying to get to a showing at the STC. tis where i saw ep1 8 times and lined up the first time for tickets( i didn't know about you guys then!) anyone up for a trip to scarberia for an AOTC showing??

6. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    Well - Scarborough is way closer for me - so it would be better - but I've been kinda turned off the scummy kids that turn up there - but again - I'm no good till next week...

BTW - I just read the paper - and there is only one digital screen left - Oakville - and there's no freakin' way I'm draggin my lazy ass to oakville - Woodbridge was already a stretch!

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    That's no way to speak about Elewyn. I think you owe someone an apology. ;)

Star Wars. I like it.

Edit: Dangit...I just watched the trailers and the yoda commercial....MUST GO SEE MOVIE NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Bye....

8. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    Adam, I'm sorry, you know I love you...

Actually - you know what gave me a jones' to see it again - I finally watched that little documentary that was available on TF.net last night... it's pretty cool ...

9. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

Frink is right though, i used to work at STC before the indigo closed. DOH! Some of the kids are pretty scummy. But not all of us!!!! The theatre is actually pretty nice. Theres a good jack astors there and a really cool dollar store where they were selling ep1 figures for $1 for awhile. Plus a giant walmart :)

10. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    Indigo is closed??? Wow - I guess I haven't been there for a while then! What's there now?

It's so sad - I grew up in STC - I remember when there was a miracle mart food store AND department store ... now I get lost whenever I go there... if ever...

11. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

Yup indigo closed and with it so did my job...all the way down the street lol Sadly the replacement for indigo...a giant sportcheck! doh! its changed alot since the early days. I grew up with the STC too, however i was more of a fariview mall kid for many a day. Can't wait for those renevations. The day they took the theatre out of fairview was the day i stopped going there. :(

12. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Not that this discussion of Scarborough culture isn't fascinating and all, but is anyone actually going to see the movie?

I am presently free on the 25th and somewhat interested. Is it going to be just me and the Professor. Hmmm...I'd better get reading that Shadows of the Empire trilogy so we can resume our discussion.

13. Darth_Shaun

Darth_Shaun Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    I would definately be up for another viewing. The STC sounds decent as its not all that far for me. Damn it sucks living out in the burbs!

Keep me posted......

14. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    Any location is good for me as long as their sound system is up to snuff - so howzabout this - here's the proposal - June 25th at STC, that way Elewyn can explain to me why I'm worng wrong wrong about LOTR and Darth Surly can be educated in the ways of SOTE and Adam can talk to me about his pet raccoon "Angus"

Anyway - so that's my proposal - unless someone has a better idea...

15. Lyla

Lyla Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2002
  16. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Okay...that post above is a little weird...

I've used the handle Lyla on the net before, but I don't have it registered here.

Is someone playing a trick on me??? :)

Or am I just paranoid.

Umm...Jon, is that you?

17. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

NYLA!!!!!!! welcome back to the boards!!! *christina huggles allison within an inch of her life* :D For goodness sake give me a call! you are so busy who can track you down! lol

18. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Elewyn!!! :)

I know, I've been working insane hours. In a couple of weeks I'll be working even more insane hours. If I can actually talk to you on the phone, I'll tell you all about it :)

19. Darth_Surly

May 10, 2002
    Prof Frink, I *think* I can make it. I'll certainly try, because it sounds like a fun time, and I was thinking about seeing it again soon anyway. I guess the STC is OK, I live downtown, and at least it's on the subway. I just hope it's better than the sound at the Grande. Thanks for the suggestion.

20. Jangofat

Jangofat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Count me in if you guys are going to STC one on June 25.

21. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    Ok - like I said - if another day is better for more people, I'm flexible...

Anyway, so far we've got Darth Surly, Elewyn, jangofat, Darth Shaun (sober I hope) and Adam with his pet Mocking Bird 'henry'

How's that for a party!

22. Darth_Surly

May 10, 2002
    That does sound like a fun time. I'll try to convince Darth Digital to go for his ninth viewing!

23. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Attack of the Clones?

That's a movie right?

;)

24. Jangofat

Jangofat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Just let me know the time when the date is near.

25. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    I'm just moving this up in case people are still interested...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.