main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's upgrading their home theater equipment because of the DVDs?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Vrolokus, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    EH... It's all about my 13" Toshiba TV with the built-in DVD player :p

2. SulfuricAcid

SulfuricAcid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    lol Import Jedi

well i got a 20 inch sony..and i use my x-box..

i want to get a sound system but i don't know anything about that sound stuff..can someone help me out with what to buy (that is in the low price range)

I really want to get a sound system

3. jakbar316

jakbar316 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    I was going to get a 6.1/7.1 system, but seeing as how 99% of all DVDs are in 5.1, I got that. Probably gonna get a 16x9 HDTV by the end of the year to round everything out.

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Move along. :p

5. Grievous

Grievous Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2003
    I upgraded my black & white 12" TV to a 14 " color one!
    As for sound I hooked my tv to my phone line, and wow it sounds great! ;)

6. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Ahhhhhh.....the joys of being in college! I've already reserved a room on the campus with a big projector and surround sound (The equivalent of a movie theater, but it's also used as a lecture area) Me and all my buddies are watching them all back to back the Saturday after they release. I will still be buying them at midnight on monday/tuesday because I plan on watching thersonally before then.

7. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    One day maybe but not know. Even though I would like to see Star Wars on a really nice HD TV I just don't have the money for it. But when I can get a better job I will get one. Then at last I can see Lord of the Rings, and the Star Wars Saga the way it should be seen. :)

8. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I call my rich uncle in Flordia and tell him to get me a copy for his house, He has a movie theater in his place so it's cool and he even has a soda foutain and a popcorn machine.

9. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    I finished decorating a few months ago and as a present for myself and my g/f we got a Widescreen TV which compliments the room perfectly (didnt want a massive tv hogging the room with wires everywhere)
    Of course wires are there but you cant see any of them :)
    Also purchased a 5.1 Canton System from Germany, by importing it saved me about £300.
    Cant wait to watch the original films.

10. Gothic_Yoda

Gothic_Yoda Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2003
    I won't be upgradding just to watch these DVD's but I will be going over to my mums place to enjoy the surround sound and plasma screen theatre system she has.

Gothic Yoda

11. Darth_Bass_Player

Darth_Bass_Player Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    for some pics of my home theater running go to www.jaredmorante.com/1.jpg and pics 1-5 can be viewed with that format. 1-4 is AOTC and pic 5 is ninja gaiden for xbox. It's a projector on a 70 inch diagonal (5 feet wide, 3 feet tall). Home projector's can't be beat! :)

12. jakbar316

jakbar316 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    I agree. Go for the data projector. You can get em HDTV ready, and can run your computer, video game system or TV to them.

13. The_Xtreme_Sith1983

The_Xtreme_Sith1983 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    I have no need to upgrade, I have rear projection 20 foot screen that drops down from my ceiling, with surround sound and subwoofer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.