main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's your favorite Solo kid and why?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Mar 4, 2002.

?

Who's your favorite Solo kid and why?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2012.
  1. Jaina

26.5%
  2. Jacen

31.0%
  3. Anakin

42.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    After DJ, no argument against Jaina seems legit.

2. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    After DJ, no argument against Jaina seems legit.

what do you mean??? i've always loved jaina. nothing to do with DJ. i've loved jaina since the first star wars books i picked up... young jedi knights. i love jaina coz she's a strong female character. she reminds me a lot of myself. we look almost the same (there is that she has brown eyes, i have blue eyes thing). she's the only female solo kid (yet she still manages to somehow seem like she outnumbers her brothers). while anakin has all the force ability and none of the common sense on how to use it and jacen has all the force knowledge and stuff but doesn't really know how to use it, jaina has a really good combination of both... in my eyes making her a stronger jedi then her brothers (which i think is kick@$$). she's an awesome pilot which i think is really spiffy. she had mara jade as a jedi master, how cool is that??? she's intelligent, doesn't act like a brat and doesn't like to be treated that way. she's cleaver (think the whole trickster thing). she's really mechanically inclined like i am (i can put pretty much anything together if i have the right tools and materials). she had a brush with the dark side (even though she was already my favorite character, that just made her even more perminate then before).

~NiKe SKyLaRK~

EDIT 1&2: i keep finding mistakes in this same sentence

3. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    oh yes, however, in DJ her character was developed strongly, and in a better (IMO) style.

4. solo_yt1300

solo_yt1300 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    Jaina, cuz she was the most worked on in YJK, IMO. She's a pilot and a mechanic... (I've always wanted to fly and i'm not that bad a mechanic. :D )

And she was abe to pull herself away from going to the darkside at the end of DJ. How many others have done that huh?

5. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    And she was abe to pull herself away from going to the darkside at the end of DJ. How many others have done that huh?

Enough so that you have to wonder if the dark side really does "forever dominate your destiny"...

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Enough so that you have to wonder if the dark side really does "forever dominate your destiny"...

I believe Kam is a haunted figure, it affected Kyp.....

So no, it doesnt for me :)

7. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Well, according to my dictionary, "haunting" isn't exactly the same as "dominating", but you do have a good point, RF. That's why I didn't really mind when Jaina so abruptly turned back to the light at the end of DJ; I figured we'd be seeing more of that plotline yet.

My above post was merely meant to point out that lately it doesn't seem like turning back from the dark side is a huge accomplishment...

8. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Anakin, at this point in the story he's by far the more interesting character. Even if he is dead. I loved it when Han was chewing out Jacen for getting all whiny about being a pirate. Best scene in the book! ;)

Jacen: (whiny) "Daaaaad, I don't want to be a space pirate and do productive stuff..." :(

Han: "Shut up sissy pants! We're in a war and war is hell!"

Jacen: (even worse) "*huff* *sniff* *huff*, But I don't waaaana! I'm going to sit in a corner and cry about not getting to do things I want too..." :( :(

hee hee

9. KeaJade

KeaJade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Jaina, She's not your typical girl.

10. Rogue-Jedi

Rogue-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2001
    Hmm... you're an Anakin fan, but you say that Han dressing Jacen down (however over-exagerated you put in your post) is the best scene in an Anakin-dominated series. Even if you're kidding about it, IMO you need an attitude change.

11. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm not a huge Jacen fan but I made the comment with a ;) . He does good things... they're just few and far between.

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    The 'things' Jacen does may indeed be 'few and far between,' but when he does act it so far been in the most pivotal ways possible.

13. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    Jania. Anakin and Jacen are too good and perfect. At least Jania seems remotely human.

14. Cambria

Cambria Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    Before the NJO I was a huge Jacen fan and I didn't have much use for Anakin. I still loved Jacen after VP, but I was getting to like Anakin too. By the end of the next two books Anakin was my favorite character (you know, they one you flip ahead to read when you get bogged down... at least I do), and, to my disappointment, I began to like Jacen less and less. To me, the development of Jacen's character just can't compare to all that's been seen in Anakin. I like how Anakin really stuck with Luke too. So, I don't hate Jacen, but he has definitly been replaced. Anakin is the best NJO characters of all!

~Cambria

15. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Anakin, even if he is deaded.

16. raiderjainasolo

raiderjainasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    Jaina!!!!!! I am exactly like her in almost every way, I even look like her! She's so cool and I think haveing her brush w/the dark side was just brilliant! She's just so beleivable and she knows what's she's about, unlike her brothers. She has the coolest personality traits, and she loves to fly, which is what I'd do if I were her!

17. Doublemint

Doublemint Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2001
    Anakin was my favorite and ill always love him. Now that hes gone though im really pulling for Jaina. She rocks and shes like me in a lot of ways.

18. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    jaina by process of elimination

jacen seems like christopher lowell if youve ever seen his show hes an gay interior decorator on discovery channel...

and anakin is dead so that leaves jaina...

19. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Anakin. Not because I dislike the other two, which I do not, but because his morals and philosophy are the most closely related to mine. Also, because he's often a loner, and is willing to sacrifice so much without hesitation. Finally, and most importantly, because he never sacrifices the present for a future that doesn't yet exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.