main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Who's your favourite female Jedi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Celidore, Oct 8, 2015.

1. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    Ahsoka and Shaak Ti (togruta [face_love])
    I have also recently devloped a soft spot for Jocasta Nu

2. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I would've liked your post, but unfortunately that's the damsel in distress version.

Of course, when she was not in that position, she was potrayed as a cold and uncaring person in order to "show how much better Ani and Ahsoka are."

And then once her uses were complete, they proceeded to kill her off the way they did for the "cool factor."

Rant over.

3. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    In the movies, Luminara.

In the EU, Bastila, Atris, Arren Kae, and Meetra Surik.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Bultar Swan, Depa Bilaba, Adi Gallia.
    Saba, Jaina, Nomi, and Dark Woman are EU favorites.

5. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    Completely forgot about Jaina! [face_phbbbbt] i guess: Shaak Ti, Bastila Ahsoka and Satele?

6. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    Does Leia count? I gotta go with Ahsoka and Ventress. Ventress counts, right? lol!

7. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Nomi Sunrider.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ventress was not really a Jedi, not for long anyway. If her brief apprenticeship counts...she's my favorite female Jedi too. Definitely my favorite female Force user regardless.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  9. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I'm shocked there's no mention of Atris. She was the Jorus C'Baoth of her time, you know.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Luminara portrayed as a "damsel in distress"?! Killed for the cool factor? Is that some EU story I'm not familiar with?

11. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    It's TCW. The first time was when she refused Ahsoka's help to fight Ventress, but then gets beaten badly and Ahsoka has to come save the day. Then there was that time with the brain worms stuff where she's captured and Ani and Obi come to rescue her like in some old time movie where the knight comes to save the princess locked in the tower with the dragon(or in this case "queen")

And lot of people thought her death was "cool."

12. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I really never liked Atris, though. (I know, I know.) But she always fell a bit flat.

spicer likes this.
  13. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I'd have liked to see more female Jedi kick butt in the movies.

And since I didn't really see many in action at all (or even speak) it would be very difficult for me to choose.

14. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

Judging by the micro series it would appear she was a jedi until her late teens-mid twenties. (Whenver that meeting with Dooku took place.)

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Her portrayal in TCW is not of a "damsel in distress", nor was she killed in the series hence why I asked what EU story was he talking about.

16. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Well, it's not what the show presents, imo. I'm talking about her death in Rebels. I saw it as an unworthy death for her, but there's nothing I can do about it. And in the EU she was not being captured and could easily defend herself without the help of others.

17. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Me too, never liked Atris's personality, but I suppose that was the intention with her anyway. But I love her design, the white hair and robes and that blue lightsaber...epic look!

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I got the impression she was quite young when she lost her master and embraced the Dark Side - with there being a big gap between Ky Narec's death and her apprenticing to Dooku.

So - she was a Jedi (Padawan) for a while on Rattatak, lost her master, went dark - conquered the whole planet and destroyed the warlords (both EU and newcanon) - and then at some point very early in the Clone Wars - apprenticed to Dooku.