main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Whosa are yousa?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Ozzel, Jun 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    There doesn't seem to be much activity on this board. Let's see how many Star Wars fans we have in OKC! Everybody make one post that tell's a little about yourself. Just anything, name, how long you've been a fan, pro-EU or anti-EU, web site address, favorite SW movie, what SW book you're reading, if you do or don't like ewoks, etc. ANYTHING! I'll start us off:

I go by PEZman4

I'm currently reading X-wing 1: Rogue Squadron

My favorite movie is The Empire Strikes Back

I love ewoks! And I like Jar Jar too.

I like to work on my site, PEZman4's Star Wars Site. I came up with the name myself!

I collect books and some action figures, but I don't collect cards, and I'm not a big comics fan (but I do have a few)

Last year at Star Wars Weekends @ Walt Disney World, I saw Carrie Fisher (Leia) and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) (and waited in line 4 hours to get his autograph, but it was fun!).

And, I'm spoiler free!

2. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    OK, JUST POST A BLANK MESSAGE, BUT COME ON, OKC, THERE HAVE TO BE SOME PEOPLE AT THIS BOARD!

3. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    I'm here but there isn't alot going on at this board so I went to sir steve's boards and there's alot going on there as a mater of fack I started a club here in okc last month and we're having our second meeting on the 14 of this month so you see there are people here in okc just not at this board :p

4. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    I'm Arwen

I'm currently reading about a million things over at the fanfic board

My favorite movies are The Empire Strikes Back and The Phantom Menace

Jar Jar and the ewoks rock!

I don't have a website, but I REALLY want to get a few up: one for SW, one for LotR.

I collect books, action figures, wall decor, and ANYTHING else SW except for Comic Books. I don't really care for the whole expanded universe thing post RotJ, so I guess that limits the books I have.

Obviously, I'm a really big fan of JRR Tolkien's books! Although a year ago I would have considered this blasphemy, I adore The Hobbit and LotR almost as much or as much as SW!! I will be one of the first in line for the movies.

I REEAALLY want to go to a SW convention, any SW convention, but unfortunately here in the OKC metro there's not much of anything like that. And my family has never been in the right place at the right time, thought I'm hoping against hope that someday... someday...

I can't wait for Episode II! I even have a Padmé costume I toiled on in 1999 that I'm planning to wear on opening day.

I will I avoid the big spoilers, but I can't stay away from the little ones.

5. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    Hey OKC I live on the NW side of okc and go to OSU OKC I have been a star wars fan for as long as I can remember

I don't really collect much but I do have the old record books that came out

I read all the SW novels I can get my hands on so yes I like the EU and that's where I normally go when at TF.N

I've never read any of the comics but I'm sure I would enjoy them and I can't wait for Ep 2 tocome out either but I will settle on the NJO books until then

I just read the Hobbit and the LotR trilogy last month and just loved them if you have any other suggestions on reading material let me know

oh yea have any of you guys noticed how our library skimps out when it comes to SW material

6. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Welcome Nightsun! This board is pretty dead, I always check it for new posts, but I don't know about the other OKC folks. Start all the threads you want, I'm always up for conversation! Most of the time, I'm hanging out in the Classic Trilogy board.

7. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    Pezman4 or anybody else from OK I'd love to start a thread but I'd like it to be something everyone could voice an opinion on because if I did it on the new book Rebirth only a few people would respond because not everyone keeps up with the NJO
    Ideas for a threads...

future of NJO
    Episode II
    Oklahoma
    favorite SW book or movie
    Best collectors item
    Does anybody else collect
    What got you hooked on star wars
    How old were you when you got hooked
    What other SW sites do you visit
    Other interests besides SW

I could go on but I won't and for those of you reading this go to jediokc.com on tuesday nights at 9pm to chat with other people in OK about SW or whatever or visit Pezman4's site it's pretty cool to(I'd put link's to yall's sites if I knew how) anyway let's get this going :p
    Nightsun

8. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Awesome, I say start 'em all! :p

To learn how to make links and other cool tricks, click the "Markup Codes" like near the top!

9. Rogue2point0

Rogue2point0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    Hey, anyone still here? Anyway:

I reside in Catoosa, go to Rogers State University in Claremore.

Currently rereading Vector Prime.

Favorite author: Aaron Allston.

Runners up: Kathy Tyers, Tim Zahn, James Luceno, Mike Stackpole (except for I, Jedi).

Favorite movie: Empire Strikes Back.

10. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Welcome, Rogue2point0! There's not much activity around here, but I always check it.

So, you think you'll be coming to OKC for the opening of AotC?

11. Rogue2point0

Rogue2point0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    Don't know for sure. I'll just have to wait and see.

12. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    My name is Ryan. I live in okc (of course).

I think some of the EU is cool(Children of the jedi is a pretty cool book),but I don't take it too seriously.

My fave episode is also ESB, and I don't care what some people say Episode I is great.

I also love my star wars pez,they are THE coolest collectables out there.

I am a huge spoiler addict and I don't care.
    I know George Lucas has suprises in store that no one but him knows about. Plus seeing the movie and knowing the basic plot are two different animals.

darth tenbiscuits

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Welcome, darthtenbiscuits! What's the story behind your name? Sounds intriguing! :D

14. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    hi all just wanted you all to know that there is a collectors club here in the city and we have a meeting this week on thursday the 13th of september at 7 pm .this month we are having it at mazzios on 70th and north May and everyone is welcome to come .Also we have a website at
    JediOKC
    so check it out and hope to see you there

15. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    i just thought in sounded cool. i work at kfc and i used to call my boss "CHIEF TEN-BISCUITS" behind his back. i decided the name was too cool for him do i took it when i turned to the dark side. but i'm over that now...i think

16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    It is very creative. :D Thanks.

17. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Just another OKC JCer checking in. :)

I live on the NW side, near Lake Hefner, and I'm a freshman at OCCC. Been hooked on SW since I was a little girl. :)

I think the last SW book I read was the Jedi Apprentice Special Edition #1... I used to be a fairly devoted EU fan but now I'm lukewarm toward it and, to my dad's relief, reading books outside of SW. ;) I'll still read the occasional SW book, and I still love the Zahn books. As to spoilers-- can't stand 'em, but I still look sometimes anyway. Ruined end of TPM and am on the verge of very much spoiling AotC for myself. :p

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Welcome to ya! Glad to have another member.

19. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Yay, another member, and a girl, too!! Welcome!

20. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
  21. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    I'm ForceDemon, AKA RoadBlock on other boards.

I'm a senior at OU, and enjoy paintball, casual cycling, and spouting Simpsons quotes.

My favorite is Empire, and I LOVE Capcom vs. SNK 1 and 2, GTA3, and Tony Hawk 3.

22. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Hello, I am XR73627794, and I live in the dirty, dirty place known as Del City.

I don't really like any of the EU stuff too much.

I don't post on here very much, I think this is maybe my third message that I've ever written on here, though I should more often, cause I honestly do not have anything better to do.

I collect mainly vintage action figures.

I am also into Grant Morrison(the greatest comic writer of all time, in my extremely biased opinion), Ambrose Bierce, horror movies, some sci-fi, death metal, black metal, and I am an extremely untalented musician.

Blah, blah, that is all, goodbye.

23. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    Hey XR73627794,
    I'm also an untalented musician! I play an Ibanez AX model 7-string guitar. I like Manson, Pumpkins, NIN, Fear Factory,etc.

Oh yeah, the Episode II soundtrack is pretty good too!

24. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Del City? My mother worked at the newspaper there a couple of years ago. Briefly.

By Pumpkins do you mean the Smashing Pumpkins, dtb? In which case, *very* cool group. :)

25. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Ah, Del City is not that bad really. Its pretty much Oklahoma City anyway. Its a lot better than living in Norman. Not that I hate Norman or anything, but Del City is a lot closer to Oklahoma City.
    Yeah, I am a pretty untalented musician, I have had many failed bands, and written many horrible songs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.