main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Whosa are yousa?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Ozzel, Jun 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Myself, I'm a talented but very out of practice musician. Percussion happens to be my line of music. I haven't played much in about 2 years, though.

2. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Thats cool Pez, I used to play percussion myself. Back in high school I played percussion in band, marching and concert, though in jazz band I played the bass. I wasn't the best at percussion, but I definately wasn't the worst either.
    So I decided to stick with bass instead. :)

3. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Upping this for the new members.

4. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    First off, I'd like to thank Rick-n-Brad's reading of "You Might Be a Redneck Jedi If..." for my handle/nickname/moniker. I just kinda mention that as FYI since I claim to truly be neither a Redneck, nor a Jedi, and I tapped it for its humorous content. Unfortunately, more than one on-line chat session has gone sour because a chatter associated "redneck" with "racist", which simply and honestly isn't indicative of me.

With that out of the way... I rediscovered my Star Wars roots when the PotF2 line and the subsequent re-release of the Trilogy came out. Now, I get to "erase" the childhood horror of not getting to have all the figures like all the other kids did back in the 70's and 80's.

I work downtown, and live on the southwest side of OKC. I avidly collect the 3 3/4" lines of figures, vehicles, etc., and I've read most of the EU books up through the Crystal Star. That book and the seemingly never-ending adventures of the "Big 3" just wore me out.

My only "Star Warsy claim-to-fame" locally is that I met with 3 other "founding" JediOKC members to kick off the club.

I celebrated my 2nd wedding anniversary (that's Mrs. Jedi, to you) this month, and we've got our first lil' Padawan (geeky enough for ya?) on the way. Though I'm a huge fan of SW, my fandom is somewhat higher for Superman and related collectibles. I'm also a DVD-phile and an avid movie-goer. My friends think I've seen a lot of movies, but 25% of that knowledge is from trailers and websites. I'm also a sucker for Dragonball Z stuff, too. Great cartoon, not to mention Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls.

Anyhoo, that's about enough of me I wanna share on-line. Come to the meetings and I'll share my sometimes sarcastic, sometimes acerbic, always flippant remarks!

5. Phil-The-Fan

Phil-The-Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    I live around Rockwell and Hefener, and I'm only going to be a Junior in high school. But anyway:

The original Dark Forces is what got me interested in star wars

I was a fan before the special edition came out.

Episode 1? I have a few issues with it, otherwise, it's a dandy.

I liked Episode 2!

Ewoks I'm not too keen about. Jar Jar is fine, as long as he is isn't too much in the way.

Haven't read much EU, and I'm not in the middle of reading anything. At all.

I was deep into the spoilers in episode 2, But I am cutting back dramatically for episode 3 (I say as if there is nicotine in spoilers)

ESB is my fav, but in my opinion, All of them have their reasons to watch em.

Not a collector, but I (sigh) make my own lightsaber props.

6. FettsBounty2

FettsBounty2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    Yo! I'm FettsBounty A.K.A. FobaBett, Ani and/or Austin.

My favorite SW film is The Empire Stirkes Back.

I've been collecting since I was 7, a few months before the POTF2 line was released. I mostly collect the 3 3/4'' figures but I do pick up a few of 12'' figures, books and comics.

As if you couldn't tell, my favorite character is Boba Fett, a close second is Jango Fett and then in third is the lovely Zam Wesell :D

Do I like Jar Jar? NO!
    Do I like Ewoks? Eh, they're OK.

I also make props and customs figures.

There's my pathetic little profile, who's next? :p

-Austin

7. Starfig873

Starfig873 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    That would be me. :D

I am John, online I'm Starfig, or just 'Fig. :)

I've been a Star Wars fan for some time. I think I really started to get into it just before the 95' release of the figures. In which I bought my first of the new figures: R2-D2.
    I do enjoy the Expanded Universe quite a bit. There are things of it here and there that I don't like (IG-88 the Death Star II? Not in my Star Wars... :p) but a good portion of it is A-OK in my book.

My favorite movie is ROTJ, can't get enough Jabba.
    Ewoks and Jar Jar? I liked em' both. Never will understand why people hate them like they do...

I enjoy drawing, I would like to be an animator or the like someday. I have a site at http://terraceroom.topcities.com that houses all my drawings. Some of which are Star Wars related. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.