main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whose going to the Show June 10-12?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Rabbit4x, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    Whos going to be attending this http://www.djlprod.com/index.htm

Chewbacca, Taun we, and two background actors posing as an Ewok and Jawa are going to be there.

Ill prob go on Saturday, the busier of the three days.

2. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    how much is it to go?

3. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    looks pretty low budget, but what can you expect here I guess... I may go if I have a day off that weekend.

4. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    I'd go to that, but I probably would never had heard about it if you hadn't posted the info.

5. aero-

May 4, 2002
    it CAN'T be 50 bucks to go to this...

6. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    No, I think that is just that gay dinner thing.

7. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    I just emailed one of the contacts, so Ill post the prices when he replies.

8. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    Sounds like something I might go to - if just to meet Peter Mayhew.

9. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Wow, Mayhew is getting around these days, eh? I think he's hit most all of the Cons this year. I was happy to finally get to meet (And get my Visual Dictionary signed) him at WonderCon this year.

10. aero-

May 4, 2002
    Mayhew will also be at San Diego, so if you haven't met him (or just want to chat), and you won't be able to go to Con this year, this will be a good opportunity to do so.

If it's cheap, I'll go just to find a reason to act nerdy for a day :D

11. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    Just got the prices today, not bad.

"ten dollars admission for adults and childen under 7 free with paid adult per day"

12. aero-

May 4, 2002
    looks like i'm going to have to pay ten bucks and get my eight year old to lie about his age.

I AM A CRIMINAL MASTERMIND!

13. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    So what's up with this, who's going, and is there a meeting spot and time?

14. DarthFresno

DarthFresno Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I'll be there all day the 11th, just gimme a place and time. And if you're early (or late for that matter), look for Vader ;)

15. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    Well, of course I will be going with hubby and kids in tow. This is our 3rd official FanForce meeting, remember everyone??? :D I emailed the people in charge and have yet to hear from them about best times to meet, where the SW booth will be, etc. but as soon as I hear from them I'll let everyone know!!!!

-AnakinsLuv

16. Darth_Necronus

Darth_Necronus Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I would love to go, but I have a problem. I have no way of geting there and I have tickets to a 10:45 PM showing of Revenge of the Sith at manchester. If anyone is going and wants to give me a ride to and back then I will go. But I am not asking for one because that would be a little rude of me. If it's too much trouble, then I will hear about it in the threads.

17. anakinskyslayer

anakinskyslayer Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2003
    Hey guys we should really decide on a meeting spot and time. Ill be there all day in my anakin ep3 costume. Anybody else going in costume besides me and Darth Fresno

18. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    Im going to take some action and just throw out a time and location.

Time: 2 - 3
    I figure we should meet around 2 - 3 since everyone will probaly have some food in them and will be too tired to walk around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/rabbit4x/BoothMap.jpg

Near the entrance? Right where I put a red circle.

Let me know, thanks.

19. AnakinsLuv

Apr 2, 2004
    Thanks for that planning Rabbit4x! I was trying to make a post today about meeting times and places, but the boards were not cooperating with me! [face_frustrated]

Well, Dave Fly never got around to emailing me back to answer the questions I asked him about what he could do for us as a FanForce at the convention. I even tried to call him today and got who I think was his mother on his cell phone :p She said that she wouldn't be seeing him again until Monday...um, yeah, but why was she answering his cell? :confused: I was confused, but she was a really nice lady! :) Couldn't help me out very much though...bless her heart.

Alas, I won't be there in costume, since I have none :( , but both hubby and I will have our SW t-shirts on! :D

So...yes, Rabbit4x... let's make it 2:30pm on Saturday June 11th near the Main Entrance to the Commerce Building. How does that sound to everyone?

-AnakinsLuv

20. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    I'll do my best to remmember where to go... :)

21. AnakinsLuv

Apr 2, 2004
    OKay....

You should all have gotten a PM from me about tomorrow. Hope everyone remembers to check the boards tonight before they go to the convention. Don't change the time to meet. I won't be around to check it ;)

-AnakinsLuv

22. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    Well... this show was about as impressive as I expected :p but I got to meet a bunch of y'all and I got Peter's autograph! Woo! I'll scan a pic of it. The only other thing I got there was an Elvis Trooper trading card (thanks Ken!). We only walked around for maybe 45 minutes tops... threatening to each other to spit on all the dirty scalpers or to "fall" on one of their tables of overpriced ROTS figures from target (but not doing it - we're a pair of pansies)

DarthFresno, your Vader costume is very cool. As was your Anakin, Mr Skyslayer ;) If it weren't so damn hot I'da had on my Jedi robe :(

edit: here we go!
    http://xs32.xs.to/pics/05230/chewie.jpg

He seemed realy bored... but said he enjoyed the fresno air.

23. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    So how many people showed up?

24. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    I think we had a total of 5 people from this board there, more if you count gf's too.

myself (obi1kenny)
    DarthFresno
    Rabbit
    Anakinsky
    Donsolo

I didn't think aobut it till afterwards, but we should have got a group pic, but I forgot my camera at home anyhow.

Did I forget anyone? And where was Ms. AnakinsLuv?

On a whole the show was not worth $10 a head, maybe $5 but that is pushing it still. I actually ran into another buddy of mine from Merced that was there with his son. And as always it was great seeing Peter M. and his wife Angie, as I talked to them for a while. As well as Renee, she's a sweatheart as well, and she said if she would have known I was coming she would have worn her Elvis Trooper Tshirt I gave her at C3. And I taked to a few of the dealers I know as well, really most of them are not bad people and the prices weren't too bad. I also found out from Marc at Bases-Loaded that my picture is in the new Lee's Guide so I need to pick one of those up.

25. DarthFresno

DarthFresno Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Anikinsluv was there, got a pic with her and her family. I was there Saturday and Sunday and each actor signed a sheet with all their pictures on it for me. One even said "I'm sure you were more entertainment to us then we were to you". I had blast each day, and as always got over heated. Will post pictures as soon as I can get them scanned, or downloaded from my digital camera. My mouth dropped open when I had lunch with Apollo from Battlestar Galactica.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.