main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wht is the name of the E.T. species?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by GrayJedi, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayJedi

GrayJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    I have been searching on the internet and I have yet to find a reference to the species that is E.T. Does anyone no the name?

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    E.T.

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. GrayJedi

GrayJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    very funny

4. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, I know he's from Alpha Centuri.

I know this cause I was just watching the E.T documentary which is part of my glorious DVD box set :D

I don't even like the movie that much. Why did I but it? Oh, I didn't pay for it. My ex did :p

5. QUEEN_LEIA

QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I think there name are chachingion from the planet Cashcow.

6. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    They're called:

Longgnekcz.n They're from Darrisc

See the Complete Star Wars Dictionary at my new site.

7. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Wherever E.T is from, we can at least be sure they have telephone exchanges.

8. GrayJedi

GrayJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    Well that much is true, but I reallly need to know the name of that species.

9. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    Grayjedi wrote, "Well that much is true, but I reallly need to know the name of that species."

Need? Need, you say? Examine your needs, you must. Discover that they are but desires, you shall. A Jedi needs not. There is no need, only the guidance of the force.

PS: I mock Yoda, because Jedi deserve to be mocked.

10. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I don't know if they actually posses a specific name.

11. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    those who mock jedi have a distinguished history of perishing at the hands of one!

12. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    QUEEN -- what do you have against Spielberg / E.T.?

Palpatine -- PS: I mock Yoda, because Jedi deserve to be mocked.
    [face_laugh] Man, I wish I had more room in my sig. Great quote. :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    "QUEEN -- what do you have against Spielberg / E.T.?"

Probably thinks that about him the same reason she thinks it about Lucas. I guess she thinks all big directors/screenwriters are greedy savages or something.

14. QUEEN_LEIA

Jul 29, 2003
    I don't have nothing against Spielburg (where did you get that from).He is a marvelous director who won't sell out his conviction for a buck or two.I truely admire him.

Luca$ should leave other alien that are not SW out of SW.Next thing you know we'll see crossover shirt that say "May the force be you now phone home".

ET is a wonderful movie,truely timeless.Why doesn't Luca$ let Spielberg(A superior director)direct Epi3.I just don't get it.

Edit:Back on topic.

15. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    You made a comment about E.T., who is Spielberg's movie's character, and linked him to money, greed, etc. etc.

THAT's where I got that from. And judging from the MetalGoldKnight post above yours, I'm not the only one who thinks your post was an attack on Spielberg, who, like Lucas, is a prominent producer and a director of some very financially successful motion pictures.

And don't try and tell me Lucas tried to make extra money by putting E.T.s in the Senate scene. I seriously doubt he thought people would go see the movie JUST for that.

As I'm sure you know there are several Star Wars references in E.T. ... Lucas is just returning the nod for his longtime friend and creative partner, and giving fans something fun to watch for.

If Spielberg would never sell out, then why did he let "Luca$" put an ADVERTISEMENT for E.T. right in the middle of the movie? Why does he actively support the prequels, which according to you and your "Luca$"-typing habit are greed-driven endeavors? Shouldn't someone of his conviction stand up and say "No, George, I will not let you cheapen E.T. by putting him in the Senate"?

Of course not! It's just a fun thing to do!

If you don't like that, too bad, but don't paint Lucas or Spielberg as money-grubbing people because they care about each other's work.

Luca$ should leave other alien that are not SW out of SW

So what do you think about the O-OT cantina scenes, which contain a Wolfman mask straight from the shelf, a creature that had been used in other movies?
    Hmmmmmm?

Rick McCallum loves you!

16. QUEEN_LEIA

Jul 29, 2003
    Adam,adam,Adam....

*shakes head in disbelief*

You must have misintrepreted me but it not your fault.I don't think Spielberg is a monrey grabber at all.He cares about his craft and respects the audience enough not to insult our intelligence.Money is never a issus with him only making quality films.

"So what do you think about the O-OT cantina scenes, which contain a Wolfman mask straight from the shelf, a creature that had been used in other movies?
    Hmmmmmm?"

I am not talking about the OT that was before Luca$ turned to the darkside.I am talking about the PT.

I glad we had a chance to talk so that we can clear the air Adam.

Now please let's get back on topic,Luca$ would want it this way.

17. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    So, has anyone, in the midst of this, come any closer to naming the E.T. species?

18. QUEEN_LEIA

Jul 29, 2003
    I told you they are Chachingion from the planet Cashcow.

19. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Your joke wasn't funny the first time, it's not going to be funny when you go off topic to tell it a second time. Also, while I won't spend time arguing with you about why I don't agree with what you said about Lucas above, I honestly don't think those reasons even relate to the ET thing, unless, like Adam suggested, you really believe Lucas put them in solely in the hopes of somehow making money off them being there, in which case... I don't even know what to say to something as ridiculous as that. I guess your line of thinking must be beyond my comprehension or something. [face_plain]

Seriously, I've been reading your posts, and I have to wonder if you're serious or if this is all just some kind of parody of bashers. Because most of them, if nothing else, know to keep to their own threads and not insult the PT in every topic, even those that have nothing to do with it.

20. midthomp

midthomp Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    I would also like to know if they have reeces pieces on Courasant?

21. MOSEP

MOSEP Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    Is the ET species a part of the GFFA?
    I know they´re in the senate scene but i thought that was joke.

So, the ET film is about a guy who travels from the sw galaxy to another called the milky way. he reaches a planet called earth where a guy named George Lucas lives. He has created three (without knowing it)documentary movies about events taking place in ET´s homegalaxy, complete with correct names of persons, planets etc. There are even small figures of individuals of lesser or greater importance AND, on the street, he meets someone dressed as the senior leader of the Jedi Council.
    He must be confused.

22. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, I was serious when I said E.T was from Alpha Centuri. That's what Spielberg says in the documentary.

Queen Leia, mods have already warned you before. And I will PM the mod again.

BTW, it was Steven who told Lucas to put E.T in the senate as a fun gag.

So there goes your whole theory.

Oh wait, you think Lucas has gone to the darkside. Because YOU know Lucas. And YOU know what goes on in his head and what his true motivations are.

Care to tell me what he's having for dinner tonight?

You should be a little more respectful. No one is forcing you to see these films. Lucas isn't. You didn't like them. Fine. You don't have to. But there are many more of us that did like them and you shouldn't be acting in such a matter because it is known as "baiting".. And it was Lucas that provided you with the OT you love so much. So how about a little respect to the man. You don't have to like the new movies. You have the Basher's Sanctuary thread where you could bash Lucas and his films all you want.

23. QUEEN_LEIA

Jul 29, 2003
  24. QUEEN_LEIA

Jul 29, 2003
    Son of the tear,

I'm sorry I made you cry,there,there.

I won't happen again now wipe your tears away.

Edit:Lighten up. This thread is almost like a humor thread,who really knows what species they are.Everyone just having some good laugh,please try not to take SW to seriously okay.

How am I baiting you?

Your an adult with self control if you don't like what I say don't respond.I have never said anything deragatory towards you so you should not feel like I'm "baiting" you I am talking about Luca$ and last I check your not Luca$.

The only crime I'm guilty off is straying off topic which I apologize.

25. Landlocked

Landlocked Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2003
    Seizing the debate: What's the name of GREEN FANDANGO's species ? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.