Why a hundred episodes of more Clones?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Galactica500, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    The problem is that GL will not realy on the previous stuff. Yeah they'll honor it, but dosen't have to accept it as such and if the animation tells a better story, good whatever that was done before. For all this trouble, why not make more movies?
  2. m-makarov Jedi Padawan

The best I can come up with is...why not? Personally the Clone Wars era is my favorite by far in all of Star Wars and will continue to be so. Its epic and its exciting. I simply cannot wait.
  3. Blackfryar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    in the french magazine Cinelive RickMcCallum speaks about the future of Starwars and most notably the Clonewars, surprisingly he says that Lucas has emitted some doubts about the durability of the show though he is very confident about the live-action series.
  4. G-FETT Force Ghost

star 7
    Really? That surprise's me. But then I always get the feeling Lucas is a bit of a pessimist.
  5. DarthArachnid Jedi Knight

star 1
    i think they should just throw the storylines in the Tartatovsky series overboard and start from scratch with the CG series. For granted, the Tartatovsky series was very nice visually and coolly animated, but the dialogue is rather wooden and the action way over the top.

I think they're doing exactly that, since Lucas called the Cartoon network series a prototype, didnt he?
  6. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think that is whats going to happen. They are going to start from the end of ATOC up to ROTS. I belive that we will also have a difinitive version of the begining of the Battle of Couruscant. Personally, I didn't like either the GFenndy's version becuase of the exaggeration nor the LOE novel. Thought that was too hokey. Star Wars is visual, real visual not BS visual. So I belive that the new animation will be closer to GL's visison than all the other crap thats come IE, novels, comic books, video games, and animation.
  7. WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm glad that we got the Clone Wars microseries because it did connect a lot of dots, but knowing that the real series is just a year away, I really don't care to see the microseries again. I hope they declare it "null and void", but it looks like it's going to take place a good bit of time after Ep II based on the way Anakin and Obi-Wan look. I'm just glad that this will be movie style in that Jedi can't jump 100 feet in the air and take on 200 droids with their eyes closed.
  8. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Dudes, you really all think the chaos of the old Clone Wars is gone for good? Don't you remember what happened when AOTC came out? Everybody was screaming and yelling about how Anakin was able to fall so far during the Coruscant chase scene. It was like Lucas had killed a baby or something. Then the Clone Wars miniseries came out and everyone did it all over again. Did it really happen EXACTLY as shown? No, probably not. It's a kriffing cartoon for crying out loud. It's gonna be cheesy. Just like this one (albiet a little less so). But it's gonna be cheesy -- Anakin's practically flying through the sky on the trailer as it is. Padme's eyes are 10x's bigger than Natalie's. Dooku's beard defies the laws of physics.

But it's a cartoon! WHO CARES? It's supposed to be entertaining! ENJOY IT, DAMN IT!
  9. backdeskproductions Jedi Grand Master

star 3

Lucas is the one who actually controls the EU eras. He has a whole continuity committee which oversees all of the stories published and the other EU stuff.
  10. StormTrooper1776 Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you think this show will ever have suited Vader showing him do things that takes place between episodes 3 & 4?
  11. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I doubt it. The Clone Wars is set during the Clone Wars during which Anakin Skywalker is still the Hero Without Fear and poster boy for the Jedi Order.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.