main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why A New Hope is different from the rest

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Carnotaur3, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Certainly not. Just pointing out the exception to your statement. :p

2. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Your Imperial March was good. This was odd.

It adds continuity to the PT. This cue just needs to appear in ESB and ROTJ and it's all good!:p;)

3. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, if "continuity" means nothing more than "repetition," then I don't like it.

4. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    ...Yeah, the tracking is pretty bad when you hear it like KM did it. Or someone.

5. neo_mp5

neo_mp5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2004
    i actually think the escape from naboo music should be used LESS. it should be completely replaced in the podrace scene, and rerecorded for 2 and 3, then added to 4. but it doesn't go anywhere in 5 or 6.

i'd also like to hear more use of what seems like the rebel theme, used in episode 6 when they arrive at the death star. i'd like to hear it in episode 4. and maybe slowed and worked into the rebellion scenes in episode 3 (which need to be put in the film)

6. Lord_Daran_Imner

Lord_Daran_Imner Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2005
    Please could anyone repost the Ben's Hut and Duel on Death Star? I would love to see it man...

7. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Replaced in the podrace scene? That's no problem, because there was original music recorded for that scene, dropped in favor of "Escape from Naboo."

8. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    Escape from Naboo does not belong in Ep.IV. Re-recordings for 2 and 3 would be ok, I guess.

9. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    the song fits in that scene, better than the music that's currently there.

plus, for the first time we see the streaking stars thing, that scene seems quite boring with the current music. "escape from naboo" would add energy to it.

10. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    No. Just no.

11. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    WORD! I agree completely. Especially about the Imperial theme from ANH! Highly underrated indeed. I like The Imperial March, but I never took it to be the best theme in the saga as many do. To each thier own, but I think it's overrated simply because of the character it's mostly associated with.
    Hearing a solo oboe play the ANH Imp theme gives me more chills than a brass heavy 'bad guy march'.[face_peace]

12. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004

fear of change. how sad.

13. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    yeah its scary people fear change to something, when this change it could be for the good of it, like latinos become the majority and whites becoming mininority[face_peace][face_devil] , buti'l before i get off topic and evoke response, i personally wouldn't change ANH score at all, but that doesn't mean its necessarily a bad thing to change it.:)More like add on to the score than take away.

14. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    there are very few things in the score that should be removed. but the music during the escape from mos eisley is veery boring, and needs to go. at least most of it, you'll notice in my edit i left the music used to represent the star destroyers.

and if they'd include both the theatrical version, and a perfected version, of the saga on the dvds, the change fearers would have nothing to complain about.

but they'd complain anyway, it's what they do.

15. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    Yeah, you're right. It's more exciting and it adds continuity to the saga. Lets add Battle of the Heroes to every saber fight, with DotF undertones. I wanna hear Across the Star replace the Han and Leia theme. Screw it, lets replace the 20 year old music with TPM music. It's way better.

16. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    ah yes. one extreme or another. your fear has made you angry and irrational

17. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    Nope, and I'll be relieved in knowing that you aren't Lucas and what you say or do to A New Hope does not effect my DVD.

18. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    truly sad

19. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    :rolleyes:

Really...

He has a different opinion than you (one I share:D)and that makes him some sort of "change fearer"?o_O

And Imperial Cruiser Pursuit is not boring...

TtBk, The Millennium Falcon/Imperial Cruiser Pursuit[face_dancing]

20. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Guys, guys, really!
    TO EACH THIER OWN!!

sorry, did'nt mean to butt in.[face_peace]

21. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    fearing change, even if it's for the better, is not an opinion.

22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Let's discuss the topic.
    The music that's in there is fine, but I would like more of it, because the movie is a bit too quiet for my taste when I compare it to the other episodes.

Silence - it sounds
    /LM

23. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    This is not the case, but I don't fear it. I don't like it.

24. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    oh come on. you can't even hear the music in that scene. it's drowned out by the sound effects.

the problem is that you view anything from the evil prequels infecting the sacred originals as blasphemy

25. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    Not true. I just don't think it would flow as well. I liked hearing Anakin's theme in the Hut, and if Williams were up to it, new music for the ANH duel. But other than that...I really wouldn't want to see music replace orignial music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.