main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why aint Vaders breathing buttons not protected?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JMaster Luke, Jun 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I heard that all the buttons that are on Vaders chess help him breath. Vader can adjust and do things to the box with buttons to help him breath better. well wouldn't those buttons also mess up Vaders breathing if u press the wrong ones?

Wouldn't Vader wanna at least have some kinda covering over the buttons so that no idiot can just reach over and push the button?

And dont tell me "no that'll never work. vader would kill the person with his saber"

well i dont see why vader has to take a chance with that. just putting on a cover and when he wants he could open it and press the buttons that he needs, but i dont see why the buttons are out in the open for someone to possibly press some of the buttons.

then again those buttons might have some other use. but if they are for his breathing why dont he protect the buttons.

2. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    And dont tell me "no that'll never work. vader would kill the person with his saber"

But that really is the most logical answer.

Pushing Vader's buttons, that's a paddling.

Amazing.

3. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    Would you try to touch Big DV's buttons? Not if you value your fingers! :D

4. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    well i'm sure if hitler had some button on his chest that would kill him alot of jews would give up there life just to press that button.

And i'm sure alot of brave rebels would be willing to give up their life to kill vader.

5. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Could we have one discussion in this board that doesn't go back to hitler? :p

6. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    LOL

From now on, every thread must make mention of the Israeli/Palastinian conflict!

:D

7. Rikalonius

Rikalonius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2001
    Who's gonna touch em? Maybe, If you want to get force-thrown into a wall.

8. THE_Sith_Master

THE_Sith_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    Officer: Maybe I should try to touch Vader's buttons over there.

*Officer tries to touch Vader's buttons but Vader knows what he's doing and Force-Chokes him.*

9. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Vaders not on the Defense 24hrs a day. he's not gonna read everyones mind if they planning on pressing his buttons all the time. Take the guy in the begging of ANH when he tells vader holding leia is dangerious. that guy could of easly pressed the button cuz vader wouldn't expect it from him.

10. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    You're right. What would stop some Imperial from taking his blaster and bam. He can't be that fast if he doesn't expect it coming.

11. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    <imagine Vader talking in the voice of the Gingerbread Man in Shrek>

"No, not the buttons! Not my breathing device buttons!"

12. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    "You're right. What would stop some Imperial from taking his blaster and bam. He can't be that fast if he doesn't expect it coming."

Remember what happened when a certain smuggler tried taking a shot at Vader?

13. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Imagine a little plastic covering on top of the buttons. Is that going to stop a blaster anyway? And a blaster would probably kill him even if he didn't have buttons. The Imperials don't hate him. They are scared of him and don't want to mess with him. I am sure if they wanted him killed, it would have happened. Why take out your Leader's right hand man.

14. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    umm han solo dont count. Vader expected that Han solo would be mad to see vader, and would possibly try something stupid. maybe vader didn't think han would shot him 100% but he at least was ready for something.

"so when i suprise the smugler i'll approach him and shake hands. 'SUPRISE!!'"

"heyyyy u got me there. i didn't expect to see u here"

anyways point being vader was prepaired for han, but when vader is talking to just some officer or some rebel they captured vader might not expect them to do anything.

HEY JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING! remember when tarkin is telling leia to give him the rebels base? well leia backs up to vaders chest. All she had to do was slam her head againts the buttons and a few of them would be switched. vader even aloud her to approach him, but since vader knew she wasn't thinking about vader but instead of tarkin vader didn't think she'd do anything so he let her approach his chest.

well if leia was planning on doing something to vader and her mind was to vader, then when she got up to vaders chest she could of hit her head againt some of the buttons to turn off his breathing.

point is why would vader want to take a chance. put some cover over the buttons!!

15. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    You forget that he could easily press the buttons back on again. If they got damaged, he would limp to his dome thingy. Last, the buttons may moderate the device. I doubt Vader has a big on-off switch on his chest that turns him off like 3P0.

16. Masterjabba

Masterjabba Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Ok let me get this straight. You think that the guy who killed countless Jedi, and just about anyone else who bothered him is worried about somone cutting off his breathing for a few seconds? Come on. Here is an example of what would happen if somone tried to mess with his breathing buttons:
    1. Someone cuts off breathing
    2. That person is dead within 3 seconds
    3. Vader reajusts his breathing buttons and continues on with life as a Sith Lord

17. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    so that still dont mean why he leaves the buttons out in the open. Its like having the main reacter of the death star on the outside of the death star. So lando wouldn't have to fly in the death star he could just shot it from the outside.

Having the the reactor in the first death star was harder for the rebels to get to. maybe if luke didn't have the force he wouldn't of been able to get his aim right. and when the 2nd deathstar would be complete maybe the pilots wouldnt of been able to reach the core.

i just dont see why such an important device would be out in the open. it dont matter if someone could destroy it or not. something like that shoudl be protected. and not just protected my vaders force powers.

18. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    It's more convenient for Vader to be able to press them whenever he wants.

As for anyone else, well, all Jedi and Sith can see things before they happen. That is why they appear to have such quick reflexes. Therefore, it is nearly impossible to surprise Vader unless you're a Force user yourself.

19. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    They are out in the open because nothing is a threat to them. The only thing that COULD threaten the buttons would be strong enough to kill him anyway (ie: blaster, saber, explosion). Hence, it is illogical to have to cover them up if they are not going to cause problems.

20. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Officer: It's April Fools day and Vader has gotten me for the past 3 years. What should I do to get him back? Of course, the buttons! But how will I reach them without letting Vader know? I know! I could use a really long stick or some type of pole.

*goes off and gets a really long stick*

Officer: :D This is gonna be great! :D

21. Warsloth

Warsloth Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    forcepush the buttons...
    or an officer knows hes on vaders list:

"sir im happy to report tha- AHA GOTCHA..." then runs like he just kicked a hornets nest...

but what button turns him off, maybe they are gas mixture controls... you think you are re-booting the sith lord but all you do is increase his helium intake, thus you are sabred by an ill temperred "chipmunk vader"

22. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Ok, let's say there's a mysterious sith lord in charge of your battleship. Let's say that you've seen said mysterious sith lord choke officers for things like, say, losing a small rebel ship. Let's say you've even heard of him choking people for such crimes as oh, not believing in the force. Obviously the guy does NOT like to be pushed around. Now, are you going to go up to him and push his buttons?

Plus Vader has very quick reflexes, so it's not like he couldn't force choke/force throw/grab your fingers before you even reached the magic buttons.

And does anyone know what the buttons are for, anyway? For all we know they could be decoys. *shrugs*

23. Darth-Arkie

Darth-Arkie Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2002
    I bet Padma would know what buttons to push. :D

24. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    LOL, Darth-Arkie. :D

25. Arachnophilia

Arachnophilia Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2002
    "just running up and hitting his buttons? that'll never work"

"fighters against the death star? that'll never work"

parallel logic on the part of the empire?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.