main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Why Alias is a stupid Show!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cbielich, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Ok I know that everyone is going to hate me on this but lets have fun with this.

I personally do not like Alias. I think it is a cheesy show that try?s to be like some hardcore super drama Military secret agent Inspector Gadget 007 thing that is not very good at all. Here are my reasons

1. I hate the fact that Cidney "Bruno" or whatever her name is chick is always crying. Every time my wife watches it all I see is her crying cause of that man she wants and cant have or something about her father. Personally I think she has to many issues.

2. I think the whole show is a spoof from 007. There is a main agent that is supposed to be bad___ in everything and there is a super geek that makes all these gadgets like a pen that can have the power of a nuclear bomb. We already got all that from 007, why ruin it with this show.

3. Its obvious looking at her body structure that there is no way that she can endure the things that she does anyways. They should have chosen someone who at least looks like they can be hardcore. She looks like some dainty little girl who could not even open a coke bottle with her own hands. Look at her recent movie, she plays a little girl that becomes old instantly. That there explains it all.

There is my opinion :)

Here we go

C

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    1. You are not one to be talking about crying. I am sick of hearing your incessant sobbing coming from the server room, as you recall the latest chick flick you've seen, or as you realize that your NIC cards are not compatible with Linux.

2. You have Marshall-envy. There. I said it. You wish you were him.

3. Are you an expert on body structure? Fascinating. Also fascinating is the fact that Jennifer Garner does almost all her own stunts and fighting, as she did in Daredevil. "I would not want to meet her in an alley." - Ben Affleck, commenting on how skilled at fighting and how tough Jennifer Garner is.

BTW, did you know that Marshall uses Linux, and the show is created solely on Linux boxes? Yes, and not only that, but JJ Abrams, the show's creator, is Peruvian.

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    BTW, nice Yoda Credit Card logo.

4. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    I think it's a stupid show because I swear they are making it up as they go along. there are no overarching storylines, just show-to-show drivvel. One week character X gets introduced, next week X is a hero and a friend, next week, OH NO! X is a bad guy, then a good guy again, then a bad guy, then dead. rinse and repeat. I can't make heads or tails of this show.

5. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    did C post something??? all I saw was....blah, blah, blah...C is stupid....blah, blah, blah, C doesn´t know what he´s talking about, blah, blah, blah.....

did he say something about Alias? hmmm....must not have come through......curious.....

6. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    no one said you had to like it.

7. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Finally someone else who can see the light as I do

1. You are not one to be talking about crying. I am sick of hearing your incessant sobbing coming from the server room, as you recall the latest chick flick you've seen, or as you realize that your NIC cards are not compatible with Linux.

Yeah only cause these cards are written for Windows and not Linux, but thats another long post :)

2. You have Marshall-envy. There. I said it. You wish you were him.

Who the heck is Marshall?

3. Are you an expert on body structure? Fascinating. Also fascinating is the fact that Jennifer Garner does almost all her own stunts and fighting, as she did in Daredevil. "I would not want to meet her in an alley." - Ben Affleck, commenting on how skilled at fighting and how tough Jennifer Garner is.

Yeah but after all is said and done she is still a girl, how fascinating can her stunts be?

BTW, did you know that Marshall uses Linux, and the show is created solely on Linux boxes? Yes, and not only that, but JJ Abrams, the show's creator, is Peruvian.

Is this for real or for fakes?

I never said that I was being forced to like it, I was just saying that I dont. :)

C

8. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Who the heck is Marshall?

That just proves you´ve never watched the show and hence your opinion is invalid....

How fascinating can her stunts be??

see above

9. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I was forced to like it. Sad really. a bunch of men in a big unmarked white van with no windows drove up beside me on the street, grabbed me and duct-taped me to a chair. then they glued my eyes open and popped in the alias dvds. then when all was said and done they returned me to the spot where they picked me up and drove off. I cried for weeks.

10. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i didn't say that you were "forced to like it" i said you don't have to. if you dont' like it then don't watch it! yay! problem solved!

if it makes you feel better i don't give a hoot about linux...in fact i think its dumb! bwahahahahahah!

:D more alias for us...uh, yeah.

11. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    but linux is dumb too. alias and linux were made for each other. Its like peanut butter and jelly, but crappier, so like veggimite and mayonaise.

12. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    naw...alias is like a cup of milk and a warm brownie.

13. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Okay I think I know what the problem is, you all (the Alias haters) watch shows like Friends and Smallville and never imagined a world where shows would get better, let alone actually be good.*

This is what Alias is, a good show. Your mind has been diluted with the crap thats been on TV for years and is rejecting Alias becuase it does not know how to process good television.*

Keep watching, not only will you begin to enjoy Alias but you will free up significant time as you realise that everything else is crap and stop watching it.*

*(The statements above are the sole opinion (fact) of Axia and do not reflect the opinions (lies) of anyone else.)

14. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Well, your arguement is based on a fualty assumption, being I like shows like Friends or smallville. I like alias better than friends and I have never watched smallville nor do i intend on starting said trend. No, I am basing my dislike of Alias on my prior experiences with a small idea that is completely absent from Alias: Plot. You can't have a plot twist every show and expect the show to make sense. I am sorry, Alias is one of the most idiotic shows I have seen in a long time. It appeals to simple pleasure of being surprised. And its not the surprise of "what's going to happen?", but more the surprise of "what's happening now?" because Lord knows I have no idea.

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I happen to like Smallville and Friends, but I get your point (I think I am just easily entertained).

And yes, of course it's all done on Linux. In fact, the whole show is a metaphor for the development cycle of open source programs (CIA) versus the capitalistic development in the private sector (Sloane). And did you know that Jennifer Garner is 1/2 Peruvian? and that her major in college was Linux programming. She can't stand Bill Gates. Oh, Marshall is a huge Star Wars fan, and (get this) plays the drums. Maybe YOU are Marshall, C.

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Okay with very, very few and notable exceptions there isnt any TV series where every thing is planned from the beggining. With Alias they have a general idea of where the show is going and head towards that while at the same time entertaining us every week.

At least they are making an attempt to do something different. I like the shock value of Alias, its one of the things that makes it entertaining. There really hasnt ever been a show like Alias, I like that. Originality should be encouraged.

I wont even comment on Friends. That show couldnt be anymore banal and pedestrian if it starred Nicholas Cage. (Okay apparently I will comment on the show)

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Here this should help anybody with the plot of Alias.

(Btw This is just all in good fun)

18. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Good fun, nothing! Alias fills me with murderous rage! rrrrrr.... <-thats me filled with murderous rage.

19. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    it fills me with murdurous rage too, but probably for different reasons than those of acthar....no alias yesterday!! grrrrr!!<---me filled with murderoise rage (and mayonaise).

20. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    btw, above link=hilarious

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.