main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why All The "Mace Windu / Moral Ambiguity" Symbolism in Ep 1/2? from 3SA continued

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by PimpLordoftheSith, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PimpLordoftheSith

PimpLordoftheSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2004
    If you want to catch up try reading this if it is still around.

Why All The "Mace Windu / Moral Ambiguity" Symbolism in Ep 1/2?

hate when they lock topics being actively discussed (just an opinion)
    -------------------------------------------------

pgoodyea,

Thanks for the comments. Keep in mind Anakin already believes his skills rivals Yoda. Not to mention how many jedi actually practice duel wielding? I think Obi-Wan knew Anakin tinkered with the idea because of his skill level and may throw Dooku off.

I think Dooku had to tap deep into the force to fight Anakin. Just look at his face at the end of the fight with Anakin almost as if he were exhausted to a degree.

I know SLJ asked for a purple saber but it is so non-traditional I think Lucas had to use the imagery for some purpose other than request GL doesn't usually fold on his ideas unless they are his ideas.

I still the think the real give away is Jango's beheading and how him and Dooku look directly at each other afterwards that was a true display of power not control and restraint which a Jedi usually clings to. Compare that to the cantina scene in EP4 Obi cut the one guys arm off and waved his sword for a second as if saying don't "F*&$ with us right now, yes I am a jedi", but the main difference was he only took an arm not the guys head which could easily have done.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Okay well I don't go to 3SA and I'm trying to stay away from spoilers.
    Now I can see from your post that your old thread was locked and they probably told you to post it here.

I do not intend to use your link because I do not want to go to the spoiler board.

So your comments are in response to someone elses comments, and all of these comments are in a board with spoilers. And now since your thread was locked you have posted your reply, which means nothing to me because I have not see the comments since they are in 3SA and I don't want to be spoiled.

Perhaps you should re-post your original comment so that spoiler free posters such as myself have an idea of what this is all about.

-Seldon

3. PimpLordoftheSith

PimpLordoftheSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2004
    I didn't think this was the right place for it either but the mod insisted it go here.

Now that I see the locked thread I asked to mod to paste the info here to bring anyone up to speed. we'll see if they do that for me.

If not maybe it should be left in the spoiler area.

4. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    At the moment, I'm filling in for Spike in here. I'll leave the final call about this thread for Spike to make, but I'm just going to say that there are to be no spoilers in this forum. Any information you bring in here must be completely spoiler-free (working with the TFN spoiler policy).

As for reposting info from that thread...well, it looks like the thread has been deleted from 3SA, so it wont really do much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.