main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Are All Stormtroopers Human?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by sword_of_raditz, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Why can't they be a different race then just Human? That's stupid.

EV Edit: Please use the link linked to below.

2. Darkre

Darkre Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    I first thought they were clones of the Clone War, but somebody told me they were regular humans...

There's not much different races on the Empire ships, have you noticed? Maybe it's the kids of people that were living on the battle station before that, but then again, there's no girls either!

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
  4. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Only some of them are clones, most of them are people that entered the Imperial Academy and they trained to be a Stormtrooper. And besides, only a male human can fit in those suits.

5. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I thought some of them were shory shaved wookies.

6. Aeneas_Falco

Aeneas_Falco Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    The Emperor is a racist and the Empire discriminates against non-human races. Basically the Imperial military is not an equal oppurtunity employer. ;)

7. Darth_Juggalo

Darth_Juggalo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I think that the empire has somewhat of a prejudice against non-humans. All the slave species are non-human (ie. wookies). Also most of the alien species have been pushed into the outer-rim.

8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Aeneas_Falco posted on 6/22/05 10:31am
    The Emperor is a racist and the Empire discriminates against non-human races. Basically the Imperial military is not an equal oppurtunity employer. [face_wink]
    [hr][/blockquote] Well, you're right, but technically they'd be speciesist, not racist. ;)

9. GTyper

GTyper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    I think because there were a lot of political/social statements being made at the time.

One parallel they were making was to the Nazi regime. The Nazi's, or at least Hitler is historiclly noted, for trying to get to the perfect super-anglo. Blonde haired, blue eyed ... you know ... the perfect little white boy. Heh.

Well, I think the Empire was doing the same thing and that was the parallel. I mean, the name alone - "Storm Trooper"?

The real question is: "Why is Lando the only black dude in the galaxy? Worse yet, why is he stereotyped as a scoundrel and thief?"

What's up?!

10. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    The Emperor, in short, likes: male humans. There are extremely few examples of women in the Imperial military, and probably even fewer examples of non-humans.

For that matter, I'd never thought of this until now, but all the Imperials in the movie are white, too... although thats probably not so significant in a galaxy as large and diverse as the GFFA. But it does beg the question about Palpatine discriminating on race as well as species and gender.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.