main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why are liberals always so angry?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Vezner, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Thank you, TripleB, for proving my point.

The reason why many leftist politicians try to claim they are "moderates" is because of the attacks on liberals.

And no wonder-when we're called a disease who is out to destroy America.

I suppose Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks were also disease. I mean, how dare Ms Parks stay seated, and not "work within the law?"

How DARE those students stage sitins at lunch counters!

[face_plain]

2. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    If you take a stick, and cut off the left part, is there not still a left side to the stick? The same holds true for Evil, For Political Belief Structures. Everything is a Yin/Yang.

Excellent point. In fact... it can be argued that liberals who get their way become conservative (meaning they don't want to change once they have what they want), while conservatives who do not like changes that have been implemented revert to liberal ideals, demanding change.

It's not so linear as one may first perceive.

3. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    Anakin_Girl said

And here we have it again, folks--Exhibit A of why we are so angry.

And you notice how many times I said "I Believe in A,B,C". What part of "I" did you not understand. Or am "I" supposed to automatically subscribe to your left wing views even if I don't believe in them?

I am sick and tired of being told that I am a liar, a disease, and unAmerican. You would be too--if we actually tried to tell you that.

I have not called you a liar, disease, or unAmerican, have I? Notice I did narrow my thoughts to "Liberalism". I guess I was asking to much of you there.

We simply tell you to go live your life as you want to live it, be as conservative as you want to be, and leave the rest of us alone. Stop trying to force your beliefs on us. But you don't, so we're angry.

What you just said goes both ways, but you seem just as guilty at trying to "force your beliefs on us" as I am on others.

They do that all the time. You try to throw out Roe v. Wade,

if Roe V Wade got thrown out by the Supreme Court, it would be just as valid as when Roe V Wade created the mythical right to privacy that is not mentioned in the Consitution. I guess legislative Judges can only do so on the liberal side, can we?

you picket outside abortion clinics

[image=http://www.frontpagemag.com/media/Homepage/ShootOfficers3.gif]

I guess onlyu Liberals are allowed to Picket, aren't we? How dare Conservitives voice their opinion and use the First Amendment to protest abortion!!!!

and scream at pregnant, frightened 14-year-old girls about how they're baby-killers,

I thought only US Soldiers were Baby Killers, or so liberals say.

you picket outside Matthew Shepard's funeral and tell his parents that he's going to burn in hell because he was gay.

[image=http://www.frontpagemag.com/media/Homepage/ShootOfficers3.gif]

Yes, Picketing is so wrong, how dare they do that!!!

Were you around for that thread? Because that sure as hell wasn't what I saw. I saw "This is a Christian nation. The Ten Commandments should be up within the courthouse. It's his courthouse, he's within his rights."

But guess what? Roy Moore is no longer CHief Justice of the Supreme Court of Alabama, even though the Alabama State law required him to do what he did. It was a left wing liberal judge that caused all that.

How long till we see Gavin Newsome removed as Mayor? Probably not going to happen, since 'Liberals' are cleared to violated laws they don't like without consequence. I have never heard of Martin Sheen complain about all the times he has been in Jail for Civil Disobediance. Do you think Gavin Newsome will be so brave if they come to put him in Jail??

That's interesting. I didn't know that gay wiccan feminists hijacked those planes. I was under the impression that it was terrorists under Osama Bin Laden.

No, but I agree with what Falwell was saying, that it was the dark forces of Liberalism that are trying to sever our connection with God that probably lowered our moral shield, without which 9/11 might have been avoided.

Please. Read your newspaper. What Falwell said isn't worse than what happened, but it sure as hell wasn't even close to accurate.

I recall swinging by the PFAW and NOW websites during 9/11 and they were hardly mentioning 9/11 and instead focusing on Jerry Falwell.

You want my opinion on why Jerry Falwell hates feminists, PM me. It isn't postable.

Oh? "Your Opinion"? Hmm, I thought our opinions did not matter.

You had to do nothing of the sort, unless Rush Limbaugh was holding a gun to your head.

Go back to that thread. You will see I was 100% ok with Civil Unions/Domestic Partnerships being granted 100% full status of Marriage, where Marriage is for a man and a woman; and Unions/Partnerships being reserved for same sex (meaning you and you husband cannot get a civil union but could get married), and I made it clear I think Gays have the absolute right to equal protection an

4. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    No, but I agree with what Falwell was saying, that it was the dark forces of Liberalism that are trying to sever our connection with God that probably lowered our moral shield, without which 9/11 might have been avoided.

That, of course, is because all liberals are godless heathens rich in Satan's desire to twist and corrupt the world into Hell on Earth, right? Excuse me, but who benefits from that??

Aside from the fact that I'm not sure how one could blame liberal Americans for atheism, moral decline, and 9/11 all in one sentence without showing one's lack of understanding for society or current events, I always find it disconcerting to see someone let the forum degenerate into a hate-mongering "I'm better than you are" thread.

5. TripleB

Oct 28, 2000
    Guinastasia said

Thank you, TripleB, for proving my point.

The reason why many leftist politicians try to claim they are "moderates" is because of the attacks on liberals.

Then they should do what you do, and stand up for liberalism and make it count for something else. If Liberalism is indeed what Americans are (as Michael Moore claims), then you should have not problem with this, shouldn't you?

And no wonder-when we're called a disease who is out to destroy America.

Thats my opinion, of course.

I suppose Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks were also disease. I mean, how dare Ms Parks stay seated, and not "work within the law?"

How DARE those students stage sitins at lunch counters

I won't deny that civil disobediance is sometimes a good thing. I am not calling for the death of Anti-War protestors, even though many of them were calling for the death of US Troops.

And how dare those Right Wing Christian Fundamentilists call for the Abolition of Slavery, right?

Based on what you post below, it seems that both you and Anakin_Girl specifically are avoiding the reasons I gave on liberalism and instead are polluting this into a right vs left debat, when the point of this was my reasons against liberalsim.

Cheveyo said

That, of course, is because all liberals are godless heathens rich in Satan's desire to twist and corrupt the world into Hell on Earth, right? Excuse me, but who benefits from that??

I am sure there are lines of thoughts by Liberals against Conservitives which are thrown out also.

Aside from the fact that I'm not sure how one could blame liberal Americans for atheism, moral decline, and 9/11 all in one sentence without showing one's lack of understanding for society or current events, I always find it disconcerting to see someone let the forum degenerate into a hate-mongering "I'm better than you are" thread.

Of course, we are talking about personal beliefs here too, so I guess all who disagree with you are wrong?

6. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Ok, fine, then what does it say about the Left Wings insistence that "The GREAT SOCIETY" was such a good idea, that our prisons are literally full of people who grew up under it? What does that say about Ted Kennedy's biggest project he ever pushed thru Congress?

Please explain this. I don't see what the Great Society has to do with institutionalized prisoners.

EDIT:
    I won't deny that civil disobediance is sometimes a good thing. I am not calling for the death of Anti-War protestors, even though many of them were calling for the death of US Troops.

This is an unfair portrait of the anti-war movement, and I think you know it is. It is stereotyping. Maybe 1% of the protesters were saying those things. By your logic, ergo many were calling for the death of US troops. I was in the protests, and one of my best friends is a soldier. A Navy doctor assigned to a Marine Attack Helicoptor squadron. One of their helicoptors was shot down in the war. He lost good friends. Did I wish that on them? Of course not. I was against the war BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

7. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Also:

How long till we see Gavin Newsome removed as Mayor? Probably not going to happen, since 'Liberals' are cleared to violated laws they don't like without consequence. I have never heard of Martin Sheen complain about all the times he has been in Jail for Civil Disobediance. Do you think Gavin Newsome will be so brave if they come to put him in Jail??

Check out this thread. It's already being discussed.

8. TripleB

Oct 28, 2000
    KesselRunner said

Please explain this. I don't see what the Great Society has to do with institutionalized prisoners.

Well, there was a story in the local newspaper a year or so ago, about how at Chino State Prison, over 90% of the black prisoners there all grew up in the projects that were built by the Great Society.

Whats the significance? Relevence? Thats for us to find out. I would point out Clinton specifically wanted reforms in Welfare and Housing Projects, perhaps to make these area's places where someone can rise out and make something of themselves, and not a place where people living there become GangMembers, teenage mothers, and prisoners some day.

This is an unfair portrait of the anti-war movement, and I think you know it is. It is stereotyping. Maybe 1% of the protesters were saying those things. By your logic, ergo many were calling for the death of US troops. I was in the protests, and one of my best friends is a soldier. A Navy doctor assigned to a Marine Attack Helicoptor squadron. One of their helicoptors was shot down in the war. He lost good friends. Did I wish that on them? Of course not. I was against the war BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

First off, I am sorry that your friend got hurt in Iraq.

I don't think it is an unfair potrait of the Anti-War movement, and I am sure it probably pertains to a sizable number of them, probably most of them. It was brought up because you were drawing parallels between myself and ohter arguments; and my point was to show a different side of it.

9. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    I am sure there are lines of thoughts by Liberals against Conservitives which are thrown out also.

Speaking personally--as you are--I invite you to search through my various posts to show me where I have attacked conservatives in an unbecoming manner.

Of course, we are talking about personal beliefs here too, so I guess all who disagree with you are wrong?

Not at all, I'm telling you that I disagree with you, and that I see flaw in your rationale, by pointing out those flaws.

10. Master_Fwiffo

Master_Fwiffo Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2001
    TripleB, I agree with everything you said, except your response to this one.

you picket outside Matthew Shepard's funeral and tell his parents that he's going to burn in hell because he was gay.

Instead, point out that THOSe are disgusting super extreme right wingers who the average conservative, and even probably the not so average conservative would never support. I for one think THEY are the ones going to hell.

But then again, Liberals also have THEIR disgusting super extreme lefties too. So if you feel so inclined, ;point out some of them.

11. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I have not called you a liar, disease, or unAmerican, have I? Notice I did narrow my thoughts to "Liberalism". I guess I was asking to much of you there.

That's right--you narrowed your views to liberalism, and I am a liberal. And I was supposed to not assume that I was included in your self-righteous slam?

What you just said goes both ways, but you seem just as guilty at trying to "force your beliefs on us" as I am on others.

When I try to make you marry a man or refuse to allow you to marry in a church, we'll discuss my forcing my beliefs on you.

You can live however you believe is right. Just don't force me, or gay people, or anyone else, to live according to your beliefs.

How dare Conservitives voice their opinion and use the First Amendment to protest abortion!!!!

So you have the "God-given" right to terrify already-frightened teenage girls? And you have the "God-given" right to tell grieving parents that their son, who was brutally murdered, is now burning in hell--and you have the right to tell them this with a smile on your face?

I'll keep my "bleeding heart", thank you, because it beats the hell out of not having one.

I don't know about that--fundamentalist Muslims are like fundamentalist Christians--pretty right-wing. And it was fundamentalist Muslims who blew up the WTC and the Pentagon.

12. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    I don't think it is an unfair potrait of the Anti-War movement, and I am sure it probably pertains to a sizable number of them, probably most of them.

It's sad that you think this. Here where I live (in a military harbor town with both a naval base and an army base), the anti-war protests were widespread and ample.

Yet there was not a single person calling for the death of American soldiers.

Such protestors were few and far between in other states, made notorious in the limelight of the pro-dollar/ratings newsmedia.

The reality was (and is always) far different than is portrayed on the aptly named boob tube.

If there were so many anti-soldier protestors, why do you keep showing the same few images? Wouldn't there be more to see?

But then again, Liberals also have THEIR disgusting super extreme lefties too. So if you feel so inclined, ;point out some of them.

Yes they do, and they hurt their cause just as equally.

EDIT: I'll keep my "bleeding heart", thank you, because it beats the hell out of not having one.

Ha! very punny, a_g! ;)

13. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    As an attendee of several anti-war protests, I can tell you I saw not a single person holding banners calling for the death of soldiers, or anyone voicing those opinions. In fact, the vast majority were calling for bringing the troops home, and that was how they were "supporting the troops". "Support Our Troops" signs, t-shirts, buttons, etc. were in ample evidence at the marches I went to.

14. TripleB

Oct 28, 2000
    Anakin-Girl said

That's right--you narrowed your views to liberalism, and I am a liberal. And I was supposed to not assume that I was included in your self-righteous slam?

Not anymore then if you were to say "Conservitives are A,B, and C". I would attack the substance of what you said and not you personally, which you seem incapable of doing.

I am a lot better about it then you. I don't tell everyone here to accept Christ or they are going to hell; I don't tell everyone they have to get a gun, etc, etc. And on the Same Sex Union business, I was a lot more open to what same sex couples want then you were to those whom want to protect the sanctity of marriage.

I just go out of my way to point out where I think Liberalism is wrong and behind many of the ills in this world, which is my perrogative.

When I try to make you marry a man or refuse to allow you to marry in a church, we'll discuss my forcing my beliefs on you.

1) if a Church wants to perform a wedding upon same sex couples, that is on them.
    2) YOu are trying to force the unconditional "Gay Marriage" act upon us all, against the will of the voters.

You can live however you believe is right. Just don't force me, or gay people, or anyone else, to live according to your beliefs.

Ah, but you are the one that can teach kids there is no 2nd Amendment rights, or can claim Evolution and all of you whom believe different will get F's. I am the one that can't bring Religion into a public school, can I?

So you have the "God-given" right to terrify already-frightened teenage girls? And you have the "God-given" right to tell grieving parents that their son, who was brutally murdered, is now burning in hell--and you have the right to tell them this with a smile on your face?

And you have the right to deny life and even a funeral for the lives snuffed out be abortion doctors, don't you?

I'll keep my "bleeding heart", thank you, because it beats the hell out of not having one.

Oh...wahhh!!! Attacking me personally now are we?

15. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Just as a side note: I've never called American soldiers "baby killers". My father, both grandfathers, and one uncle were in the military. I've always supported our troops. I just haven't always supported the decisions of the Commander in Chief to send them where we had no business sending them.

Master_Fwiffo: Exactly. There are extremists on both sides. The ones who are calling American soldiers "baby killers" make the rest of us look bad. Ditto with the ones who are in favor of partial birth abortions out of convenience.

TripleB:

And you have the right to deny life and even a funeral for the lives snuffed out be abortion doctors, don't you?

What the hell are you talking about? ?[face_plain]

Oh...wahhh!!! Attacking me personally now are we?

No--I'm attacking your defense of people who would heartlessly attempt to terrify a desperate teenage girl, or would heartlessly tell grieving parents that their brutally tortured and murdered son is now being tortured by your devil because he was such a horrible person during his life.

I have a hard time understanding why anyone with a heart would defend such actions. Maybe you could explain it to me.

Ah, but you are the one that can teach kids there is no 2nd Amendment rights

I've done no such thing.

or can claim Evolution and all of you whom believe different will get F's

The way evolution is properly taught is by saying "I'm teaching you from the science perspective, not the religion perspective."

But that still doesn't apply to me. I don't teach science. ;)

I'd pull my child out of a classroom and have the teacher declared incompetent if he/she were teaching that the earth is only 10,000 years old and was created in seven 24-hour periods, though.

I am the one that can't bring Religion into a public school, can I?

You can as long as you allow for all religions, not just yours.

YOu are trying to force the unconditional "Gay Marriage" act upon us all, against the will of the voters.

As I said, I'm not trying to make anyone marry someone of the same sex unless they want to. I'm not even making you think it's right. I'm asking that you leave other people alone if that's how they want to live.

And on the Same Sex Union business, I was a lot more open to what same sex couples want then you were to those whom want to protect the sanctity of marriage.

Yeah, God forbid those evil satanic gay people be allowed to participate in society's most loving union. [face_plain]

Not anymore then if you were to say "Conservitives are A,B, and C".

And I don't believe I ever said that, did I? Because unlike some people, I don't judge an entire philosophy based on the most outrageous of its members.

16. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Hey. Trips, what about those of us who don't call ouselves liberals because *shock* *horror* we aren't! :eek:

When you attack "liberals" (*as you so grossly misuse the word), you are alienating those like myself who identify with the views expressed by both sides.

I am a Liberal Conservative, someone who identifies with both sides.

As I said earlier in this thread, those on the left will disagree with me, but they have yet to attack me for my more conservative positions (supporting the war, supporting the Patriot Act, supporting tax cuts, supporting the Second Amendment, etc.). However, whenever I disagree with those on the Right, I am attacked personally for my more liberal views (supporting same-sex marriages, supporting a woman's right to choose, etc.).

I have had debates with a_g on the Patriot Act before, and it always manages to stay civil. When I debate with folk like you on abortion, however, it degenerates into a shouting fest.

The Left disagrees with me, and they manage to keep it clean. The Right disagrees with me, and I'm made to feel like a traitor.

Tell me how that's supposed to make me feel. [face_plain]

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

17. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    You know, for someone trying to prove that liberals are always angry, you sure are showing a lot of anger, yourself, TripleB.

I am a Liberal Conservative, someone who identifies with both sides.

Wha~!? perhaps you mean that you are a centrist?

18. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    Wha~!? perhaps you mean that you are a centrist?

Awwwwwww, that's boring. I like the way people's eyes gloss over when I tell them I'm a Lberal Conservative. :p

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

19. TripleB

Oct 28, 2000
    KesselRunner said

As an attendee of several anti-war protests, I can tell you I saw not a single person holding banners calling for the death of soldiers, or anyone voicing those opinions. In fact, the vast majority were calling for bringing the troops home, and that was how they were "supporting the troops". "Support Our Troops" signs, t-shirts, buttons, etc. were in ample evidence at the marches I went to.

I saw one ANti-war protest from Los Angeles on C-Span, where a speaker was ranting and went on about how 'There are over XX thousand US Soldiers from Florida, Mr President, if XXX of them come back in body bags, you will be out on November 2004!" or something like that. Of course, the media did not make a mention of it.

I am sure that most of the Anti-War protestors probably had the same spirit that you did as far as the overall goals of it; but I believe there were more who genuinely wanted the War to be a failure, for US Troops to die so that Bush would be harmed politically.

AnakinGirl said

No--I'm attacking your defense of people who would heartlessly attempt to terrify a desperate teenage girl, or would heartlessly tell grieving parents that their brutally tortured and murdered son is now being tortured by your devil because he was such a horrible person during his life.

If you are going to hold me accoutable for the above comments, would I be justified in attacking you then, since you are a defender of Gay Marriage and such, and seeing as how the majority of Pedophiles are gay, that it somehow impugns all Gays and their defenders too? That would be pretty ridiculous on my part, wouldn't it?

I have a hard time understanding why anyone with a heart would defend such actions. Maybe you could explain it to me.

See above.

Ah, but you are the one that can teach kids there is no 2nd Amendment rights

I've done no such thing.

or can claim Evolution and all of you whom believe different will get F's

The way evolution is properly taught is by saying "I'm teaching you from the science perspective, not the religion perspective."

But that still doesn't apply to me. I don't teach science.

I'd pull my child out of a classroom and have the teacher declared incompetent if he/she were teaching that the earth is only 10,000 years old and was created in seven 24-hour periods, though.

I was getting at the fact that it is the liberal establishment that pushed for the Establishment cause, specifically to expatriate people of faith. You have seen the implication by the left wing members of the US Senate that somehow being a christian should disqualify fully qualified judges from serving in the federal judiciary.

We can both point out claims that have both sides 'ideology' winning out or what not, can't we?

You can as long as you allow for all religions, not just yours.

No, somehow I have this belief that if I were to do the above, I would be diciplined by the school

As I said, I'm not trying to make anyone marry someone of the same sex unless they want to. I'm not even making you think it's right. I'm asking that you leave other people alone if that's how they want to live.

Lets see....for the umpteenth time...I have already gone on record about my belief that Gays have an absolute right to life and happiness and to live whith whomever they choose. I have already said that I believe Gay couoples are entitled to full protection under the law, and I have already said that I believe Civil Unions/Domestic Partnerships should carry the same weight of privelages and responsibility as a marriage has. And I have said that I believe that marriage is defined as between a man and a woman, and that any change on that is sacrilege.

But unfortunately, that last sentence is too much for you.

Yeah, God forbid those evil satanic gay people be allowed to participate in society's most loving union.

If it is any consolation, after you read the above, I don't believe you and your husband should be allowed to enter a Dom

20. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    TripleB: You defended those "activists", as well as the people who protested Matthew Shepard's right to have a funeral since he was, of course, the devil incarnate, by saying "They have the right to picket".

No, somehow I have this belief that if I were to do the above, I would be diciplined by the school

Not in any school I've worked in.

21. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, I have to wait to see where you come down on the issues, of course.

Heh, I've only been posting here for almost 2 years, and you don't know where I stand on many issues? :p

If you are not a liberal, fine. But if you start spouting the liberal philosophy and then call yourself a Moderate that is what I am talking about.

Half the time, I'll be "spouting the liberal philosophy," while the other half of the time, I'll be "spouting the conservative philosophy."

So, can I call myself a moderate, or would that be a lie?

I will use the L-word as I see fit ,for one.

Secondly, if I call a certain set of actions or beliefs 'liberal' I am not doing so on a whim.

Sorry, the Political Science student in me cringes every time I see Americans misuse the term liberal. I do get a perverse pleasure when someone blasts liberals and liberalism, because I know that they are actually insulting themselves.

I can't really go more into it untill I see where you come down on the issue though, can't I?

Well, just go back through some of my posts if you want. I guess you could say I'm more liberal in some social issues, while being more conservative in fiscal and international issues.

You paraphrased me saying "I am a Liberal Conservative, someone who identifies with both sides."

HUH!!! When did I ever say that?

LOL, actually, I was saying that I am a Liberal Conservative. :p

I will need to see you actually present it.

Read through the Abortion and Same-sex marriage threads that are on page one. that'll show where I stand on those issues.

Most of them time you and I have ever had any interaction, is when you come to the Defense of Guinastasia. Which i find odd because she is the one liberal on these boards that I respect the most because she stands as a liberal, unequivacably.

And I backed away from that position, yet you never let it go, always throwing it back at me when we talk.

Look at my above statement on Same Sex unions. I think that was very reasonable, and yet I came under attack because that was "Not GOod Enough'.

No, you weren't attacked, you had people disagreeing with you and saying why they disagreed with you. It happens, that's not an attack. But you have preople in this thread saying that "Liberals are ignorant," or saying that they back "retarded" positions. That is an attack.

see, that's the thing....I don't feel like telling you how that makes you feel because I can't answer that for you, can I?

I'll tell you how it makes me feel. It makes me dislike the Right, and embrace the Left.

Cheveyo says I said...

No, he said that I said that.

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

22. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Awwwwwww, that's boring. I like the way people's eyes gloss over when I tell them I'm a Lberal Conservative. :p

[face_laugh] fair enough.

I saw one ANti-war protest from Los Angeles on C-Span, where a speaker was ranting and went on about how 'There are over XX thousand US Soldiers from Florida, Mr President, if XXX of them come back in body bags, you will be out on November 2004!" or something like that. Of course, the media did not make a mention of it.

I could be misunderstanding you here, but isn't this a warning to Bush that if his policies lead to the deaths of American soldiers (ahem, which they have), he would be out voted out of office in 2004? This doesn't sound quite so dastardly as "Death to the soldiers in Iraq!" you've been insinuating.

I am sure that most of the Anti-War protestors probably had the same spirit that you did as far as the overall goals of it; but I believe there were more who genuinely wanted the War to be a failure, for US Troops to die so that Bush would be harmed politically.

You say that you are sure most had the same pro-soldier/anti-war sentiment as we did, but then you say more genuinely wanted the war to fail. Do you mean "more" than "most"??? What are you talkin' about?

And I have said that I believe that marriage is defined as between a man and a woman, and that any change on that is sacrilege.

Remember that laws cannot be based soley on religious doctrine. That's why so many disagree with you here.

If it is any consolation, after you read the above, I don't believe you and your husband should be allowed to enter a Domestic Partnership/Civil Union, as neither of you are the same sex, happy?

Granted, this was addressed to a_g, but... my wife and I are in a civil union, seeing as how we were not married by a church, but by an officiant. It is also called a civil marriage. See the gay marriage thread for more details...

I will use the L-word as I see fit ,for one.

So, willing to attack friend and foe alike, eh? Nice.

Look at my above statement on Same Sex unions. I think that was very reasonable, and yet I came under attack because that was "Not GOod Enough'.

Ahem... reasonably segregated, you mean? ;)

Cheveyo says I said...
    "I am a Liberal Conservative, someone who identifies with both sides."
    and went on to say....
    "Wha~!? perhaps you mean that you are a centrist?"
    COuld you show me where I supposedly said that? If I did, I sure did not mean to and will edit it out promptly.

Um, TripleB, you might be trippin'. I quoted that directly from JFT, who in turn replied, to which I replied at the top of this post.

I never said you said that. I never even IMPLIED you said that! :confused:

And again... comin' off a little too angry for someone claiming the other side is angry, TripleB.

23. TripleB

Oct 28, 2000
    JFT said

Heh, I've only been posting here for almost 2 years, and you don't know where I stand on many issues?

I genuinely don't really remember seeing you in most of the debates I have been in. Play STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC if you want to be on my IN-List

Half the time, I'll be "spouting the liberal philosophy," while the other half of the time, I'll be "spouting the conservative philosophy."

Engage me then on the issues on other threads. When I think of you, I recall you trying to come to Guinastasia's defense a bunch of times and that is about it.

Sorry, the Political Science student in me cringes every time I see Americans misuse the term liberal. I do get a perverse pleasure when someone blasts liberals and liberalism, because I know that they are actually insulting themselves.

So I either am hitting very close to target and you don't like it then?

Well, just go back through some of my posts if you want. I guess you could say I'm more liberal in some social issues, while being more conservative in fiscal and international issues.

I honestly don't remember seeing you chime in on most of the threads I post in.

LOL, actually, I was saying that I am a Liberal Conservative.

Which does not add up if you ask me, but that is on you.

I will need to see you actually present it.

Read through the Abortion and Same-sex marriage threads that are on page one. that'll show where I stand on those issues.

I am not going to go back that far, mind you.

And I backed away from that position, yet you never let it go, always throwing it back at me when we talk.

Which is like...right now and back then, as I genuinely don't recall ever dealing with you that much.

No, you weren't attacked, you had people disagreeing with you and saying why they disagreed with you. It happens, that's not an attack. But you have preople in this thread saying that "Liberals are ignorant," or saying that they back "retarded" positions. That is an attack.

Go back, you will see that I make my 'compromise' on that subject known and Anakin Girl did not care for it because it was not 'gay marriage". She said some more. I would not call it an attack, but I definitely saw it as her refusal to accept anything less then her freak left wing position on it, and it is a freak left wing position when only a freak left wing mayor is backing it right now.

24. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    I genuinely don't really remember seeing you in most of the debates I have been in. Play STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC if you want to be on my IN-List

Um, I do play KOTOR. Am I on the list yet?

Engage me then on the issues on other threads. When I think of you, I recall you trying to come to Guinastasia's defense a bunch of times and that is about it.

And again it doesn't get dropped. Huh.

So I either am hitting very close to target and you don't like it then?

Say wha? I said that when Americans misuse the word, I cringe and also laugh when they bash Liberals and Liberalism, because they are insulting themselves.

I honestly don't remember seeing you chime in on most of the threads I post in.

Oh well.

Which does not add up if you ask me, but that is on you.

It's apt I say, APT! :p

Like I said, I do it because I like seeing the looks on people's faces.

I am not going to go back that far, mind you.

Um, it's on the first page, you don't have to go far at all. ?[face_plain]

Which is like...right now and back then, as I genuinely don't recall ever dealing with you that much.

*sigh* We've talked on many occasions. If you can't remember it, that's not my fault.

Go back, you will see that I make my 'compromise' on that subject known and Anakin Girl did not care for it because it was not 'gay marriage". She said some more. I would not call it an attack, but I definitely saw it as her refusal to accept anything less then her freak left wing position on it, and it is a freak left wing position when only a freak left wing mayor is backing it right now.

"Freak Left Wing Position?" Well gee, that's not very nice, is it?

Oh, and I happen to agree with that "freak left wing position."

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

25. DarthVegas

DarthVegas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    This is like being in a kindergarten argument.

Much of this argument has to do with name calling than standing for right and wrong. So lost in the rhetoric you forgot the whole point.

This thread was flame bait. I mean look at the title of the topic. A generalization written by a conservative specifically to initiate a war.

Lock this crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.