main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why are liberals always so angry?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Vezner, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    JFT said

Um, I do play KOTOR. Am I on the list yet?

RedSeven said he would ban me if I derail any more threads on the Senate in KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC discussion threads, so post on the SENATE SOCIAL THREAD for our KOTOR support group, where we do our best to help each other and find out all the mysteries that this masterpiece of a game has.

And again it doesn't get dropped. Huh.

I guess not.

Say wha? I said that when Americans misuse the word, I cringe and also laugh when they bash Liberals and Liberalism, because they are insulting themselves.

Sounds like cop out on your part to defend liberalism here on the boards.

Vegas said

This is like being in a kindergarten argument.

Much of this argument has to do with name calling than standing for right and wrong. So lost in the rhetoric you forgot the whole point.

This thread was flame bait. I mean look at the title of the topic. A generalization written by a conservative specifically to initiate a war.

Lock this crap.

Agreed. Some things were said, I illustrated what I believe in as far as the questions raised by Guinastasia went, which I felt were valid and well writtern for this argument. And the argument went, and now I am under full scale assault over pretty much every position that can be taken.

2. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    This is like being in a kindergarten argument.

I know. Isn't it comical? ;)

Much of this argument has to do with name calling than standing for right and wrong. So lost in the rhetoric you forgot the whole point.

Yep.

This thread was flame bait. I mean look at the title of the topic. A generalization written by a conservative specifically to initiate a war.

Some of us tried to instigate an actual discussion about liberal v. conservative thought, but you see the result.

EDIT: Agreed.

Interesting insight there, TripleB, agreeing that this should be locked because of the flames. Wasn't it you who just said "freak left wing"?

3. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I guess not.

Oh well.

Sounds like cop out on your part to defend liberalism here on the boards.

How so?

I'm saying that you are misusing the word liberal. And while you are surely allowed to make not only yourself, but the rest of America, look pretty damn foolish in the eyes of the rest of the world by misusing liberal as an insult, you are, in fact, insulting yourself as well. And not only are you insulting yourself when you trash liberals and liberalism, you are also insulting our very system of government, which, as I'm sure you've been told before, is based on liberalism.

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

4. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    I am at a loss to call anything derived from San Fransisco as anything else but "Freak Left Wing". They are so proud to claim they are left of Liberal, despite KesselRunner's "Centrist" claim.

edit

JFT, your post was not on the fist page of the same sex discussion.

AG said

I don't think you'd take it so well if we called conservatives "freaks".

Knock yourself out. Unlike your side, I will defend my position and not call it a 'moderate one'.

5. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Wow, answer an accusation of a flame with another flame? Well, good on ya, tripleB.

My advice? Try anger-management classes.

And try to add something construct to this thread, please.

6. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Yeah, really.

I don't think you'd take it so well if we called conservatives "freaks".

7. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    JFT, your post was not on the fist page of the same sex discussion.

Um, I said that the threads were on the first page of the forum.

Please read carfully before responding.

Thank you.

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

8. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Let's try taking this discussion here, where it is:

1) Not so one-sided (i.e. attacking liberals), and
    2) Seeking to find understanding between different views, rather than promoting conflict between them.

Kimball Kinnison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.