main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

why are liberals apathetic?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by fosh-bantus88, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    its my pet theory that if you actually had 100% voter turnout, then over 60% of the country would be liberal, with 40% being conservative.

however, when you look at the two sides, it is evident that conservatives are generally less apathetic than liberals, and care more about casting their votes than people in urban areas.

Id say that maybe 50% of all republicans get out and vote, whereas only about 33% of liberals would take the time, making it an even 50-50 split, with 40% voter turnout.

KK EDIT: You need a bit more than this to start a thread in the Senate.

EDIT well, the title summed up the question, i dont see what it lacks, the rest is speculation, but your the boss... i guess.

2. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'd be more interested in having this discussion if you would back up your percentages with something other than personal intuition. I'd be inclined to expect the country to be more conservative than liberal, actually, and that liberals would be more active, but I'd be prepared to concede the point if you could produce some statistics. Either way, I can't say that we could really have a meaningful discussion on this subject without statistical evidence in either direction.

-Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.