Why are people saying this show is 'for kids'?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by ObiWanJedi93, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Mcfly Jedi Knight

star 1
    Having it written like Avatar would have been alright, if Avatar hadn't ended so badly. The writing in the last half of season 3 was just bad, and Avatar is guilty of bad humor as well, Sokka bcame very annoying after awhile.
  2. SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Master

star 4
    Blasphemer. Are you saying that Avatar ended so badly because you are a Zutaran?
  3. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think that the show is more for kids and do find the clone wars not as exciting as maybe the Galactic Civil War, Dark Times, KOTOR, NJO, LOTF eras. It is still good though
  4. obi-rob-kenobi4 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think we should not judge or label the show anything right now baste off of two episodes dont you think?o_O

Let at least a few episodes go by before anyone decides anything about it. Its just too early.:rolleyes:
  5. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Bottom line it's NOT a cartoon, it's an animated show, and it's NOT just aimed at kids, it's aimed at Star Wars fans in general of all ages. If you've seen any of the interviews with Dave Filoni you'd realize that, too, he's a big fan and he knows what the fans would like to see. It's ridiculous to act like the show is just for kids, only someone with no sense of appreciation for animated projects would feel that way. The humor is funny, it's not just kid-oriented, it's consistent with the Star Wars films in general. It's not Family Guy-style humor that even really smart people don't get every joke, sure, but it's still funny stuff.
  6. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Blasphemer.
    And madman.

Now opinions are opinions and all...but seriously? Even the harshest critics I know give the show rave reviews...and the finale doubly so.

Well, in any case, Avatar, Mulan, the original star wars etc... all prove that "for kids" does not mean bad.
  7. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ahem.

I for one have seen at least FIVE episodes already....

(though three of them were mashed together as a 'movie')
  8. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    That would be at least four episodes in the movie, not three. It wasn't 66 minutes long. ;)
  9. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So I've seen six episodes. More than enough to get a sense of the show and say, "It's not very good."

(Although, Star Trek The Next Generation didn't really start to get good until about 40-50 episodes in...;))
  10. Barachiel Jedi Padawan

I'm thirty (God I feel old just saying that...) and I enjoy TCW very much. I think it does an okay job of being fun for kids and adults, though it definitely has a kids slant, but honestly, is that a bad thing? The animation is interesting, the characters all seem spot on (except for Anakin who's obviously channeling his inner-Obi to try when he lectures Ahsoka) and its not toning down the "in war, people die" aspect. I mean heck, so far, the deaths in TCW have been more jarring than any of the movies except ROTS and ESB, the two most "adult" movies of the series. I'm watching GF's CW microseries again and I have to say, I think this incarnation is far more coherent and mature in its content and character portrayals than TCW, but that's a matter of opinion.

As for Ahsoka, I was originally very leery of her before seeing the movie, but now I find her to be the perfect foil for Anakin, acting as a mirror for him in many ways, but without his dark edge. I'm dreading to learn what her ultimate fate is, as given she's a new character to an Order with a limited shelf life, attached to a master who has issues "letting go," I'm sensing doom on the horizon, so all the Ahsoka-haters will probably be getting their wish by the final episode.
  11. Obi-Mcfly Jedi Knight

star 1
    Uh, what's a Zutaran? It's a shipping thing, right? Sorry, I'm not real inot that stuff. Anyways, no I'm saying it ended badly because it did. It was horribly, horribly rushed, and as someone who had watched it for most of its run, I felt like I had wasted a huge amount of time watching this show. But this isn't the place to discuss it. Send me a PM, if you want to here a more detailed veriosn of why I was disappointed.
  12. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sorry you don't like it, I think it's amazing so far. I couldn't be more happy with it, I find myself actually really excited for the next episode.

I have to agree with you about TNG, though, I have every season on DVD, and while I'm not at all a Star Trek fan, I still think TNG is one of the best TV series ever, has nothing to do with it being Star Trek, it's just great TV. But you're totally right. I had watched mainly scattered episodes over the years on re-runs, actually, and when I started watching them sequentially, season by season, I was surprised that the first season was good, but not very good or great. It was just solid, entertaining, some episodes were showing promise of the future but it hadn't gotten there yet. Then there are some later episodes that are just absolutely brilliant, very philosophical and well written, etc. It took time to hit its stride.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.