main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why are the mods black with a line through?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I have to agree with raven [cringe] and QGJ[/cringe]... damn it all to hell!

;)

The mods are volunteering their help and now it looks like their necks are on the line in case the staff screw up.

As a mod you're expected to take a lot of crap from alot of people, me included, but I don't expect any of them to risk a lawsuit to volunteer here.

I'm going to have to amend my earlier statement to "screw that, and the horse that came in on."

2. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I think several people here need to go look up the definition of an LLC before they post any more conspiracy theories.

3. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Wow, just scary. I can't even imagine what would happen if people's home address "acedentally" got leaked. Have some freaky troll find you at your house. Right now I'm living alone and would be scared to death if that happened.

I support you guys for not giving out your info.

4. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    I think one word is appropriate over all this: Dammit.

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Actually Grilled, the APPROPRIATE word is ****!!!

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    The only reason why I'm staying on is to help out whoever is left standing. I can't abandon them to whatever fate Griffin and Wise have handed us. I can't do that. I'm too honor bound and helping out teammates is honorable in my opinion.

Otherwise, I would've remained unsigned until the end.

Oh, and while I can't type any of the words I want to say, I agree in that the correct term is ****!

7. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    The appropriate question is: Why is he not going through the guy with the "Head Administrator" title?

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > I'm serious. All of you need to resign right now.

Our last communication from Josh a day or two back offered a glimmer of hope. Basically, I'm waiting to see what Mr Griffin has to say on everything that has happened since before deciding whether to continue fighting this or to throw in the towel.

And, as I already said, we have a responsibility to our fellow mods who are choosing to stay and our forum-goers to make the transition as smooth as possible.

9. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Trollls will not have access to this stuff anyway. Now resign if you don't like it or give up the info. It's your choice.

10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Who the hell knows. We've asked that same question scores of time and all we get is "no response".

11. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I'm serious. All of you need to resign right now. You want to show him how it will hurt his site, that's the only tangible thing you can do to it. Otherwise all of your protestations are hollow.

Well I'm only technically a TFN staffer but I haven't received any orders to go sign up anywhere - yet.

But if/when I do, unless I get an explanation and/or assurances about this whole deal, there'll be an opening for a new archive editor.

12. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    Trollls will not have access to this stuff anyway

If Darthy can post mod squad threads on his boards, someone can hack into Wise's messageboard.

13. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    The appropriate question is: Why is he not going through the guy with the "Head Administrator" title?

Going to have to ask Mr. Wise that. Because that's been another question.

Or, you know, talk to us directly or something.

14. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    jp: Keep in mind that Josh is the minority owner in the TFn partnership.
    Phillip Wise can really do whatever he wants here.

15. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    The site I saw was not a forum and from all appearances did not appear insecure. Heck, if zerosleep had made one simple change, this place would have been imminently more secure and dp's only way in would have been the mods that let him in. The chances of someone hacking that data would be remote at best. That only leaves the issue of the optout, which should be easy for GS to clear up with Phillip.

16. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Herman where do we apply for your position?

I live at 123 Fake street and my phone number is 555....

17. BobTheGoon

Sep 21, 2000
    It also leaves the issue of potential redirecting of lawsuits to the volunteer staff that keep this site viable for Josh and Phillips business endeavors...

18. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    better make it in the right town, farrie, so that when they compare your IP to the address you gave it comes up clean.

19. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999

Because he comes here so rarely that he was confused about who the head admin guy was, I think.

20. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    It also leaves the issue of potential redirecting of lawsuits to the volunteer staff that keep this site viable for Josh and Phillips business endeavors...

That's funny considering this place is supposed to be non-profit.

21. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah sure okay

The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

Call 202-456-1414

Ask for Dubya.

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I will say it again for those still going on about what a lovely secure site it is.

For most mods the information request itself was not the issue here, it was what came after, when more details about what the info was to be used for was sought.

> Now resign if you don't like it or give up the info. It's your choice.

The third option is to try and sort this out with reasoned discussion and compromise. Once we know 100% that isn't going to happen, then I guess the axe will start swinging.

23. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    For the chorus of wonderful men and women who are calling for Mod resignations immeadiately, examine the absurdity of resigning before Phillip has been able to reply to our requests for a compromise.

Should the Site Owner stick to his guns in this instance, then at such a time should a moderator think about resigning his/her position. To do so before that would be premature and an act of negligence in our positions of responsibility on this site.

24. BobTheGoon

Sep 21, 2000
    That's funny considering this place is supposed to be non-profit.

Supposed being the key word there. Can I offer you some Slave Leia Autographs?

25. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Because he comes here so rarely that he was confused about who the head admin guy was, I think.

[face_laugh]

I was thinking the same thing. :p He has what, like 15 posts here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.