main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why are you a Star Wars fan?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by miked81_98, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miked81_98

miked81_98 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2003
    As part of a university project, I would like to know why you like Star Wars and why you think it has been so successful?
    I would also like to know how you became interested in it? Whether you have been a fan since it came out, or maybe the Special Editions, or even the sight of the Prequels.

And has anyone ever put there religion as Jedi, or would anyone ever consider this?

Thank you for you help guys.

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I became a fan because my brother gave me his Star Wars figures to me when I was really little. That got me into it.

I think people like it so much because it's a thing that makes you feel like a child when you experience it.

3. Master_Sidious

Master_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    I saw ANH at the theater & was hooked immediately. Saw it 4 or 5 times in the theater.

I saw ESB at least a dozen times in the theater.

Only saw ROTJ 2 times in the theater because the Ewoks annoyed me so much. I loved the ending, but I could not sit through that boring middle of the movie.

I was 13 when ROTJ came out, and funny, I still feel pretty much the same. I watch ROTJ more than any of the other films, but I FF over the boring middle section. It has the best scenes at the end, but the movie as a whole is not the best (IMO).

4. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I honestly can't remember how I got into SW. I have liked it for as long as I can remember. I was born the year after ANH came out, in 1978. My earliest memories of SW is before the advent of VCRs, geesh I feel old. We used to own one of those projectors, which was the only means to play movies back in the day. We would rent ANH from the local public library, and project it on the wall in the house. Those are my earliest memories of ANH. I also have no memory of where and when I might have seen ESB for the first time. Although, this is a good sign. It just means I have been into SW since before I would probably walk. :D I remember going to ROTJ in the theater when I was 5 years old on its first Saturday of release with my uncle and cousin. :D

All I know from the first time I was introduced to Star Wars was, according to my mom, "I was hooked". :D Even she can't remember the exact first time I saw it either.

5. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I first got into star wars in 1997 when I saw a taco bell comersial :D

6. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    In early 1980, at the age of 2, I apparently asked my mum to 'take me to see the Star Wars movie', that was re-showing in the area since ESB was due out soon.

Something in it grabbed me and, after a period away from them from the mid-eighties until the mid-ninties when the Original Trilogy was re-released on home video, I've stayed with it and love all 5 films.

They just have something that makes me want to watch and re-watch them, something I haven't found in any other film I've ever seen. Something in them sparks my imagination and that's why I love 'em :)

7. Galian

Galian Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2003
    Maybe not the rightplace to say, but because of the EU. I read the books before I actually saw the movies. And when I first read them I became a fan!

Well formed movies are always a succes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.