main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why are you going to Celebration?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by MysterySith, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Reasons why I am going.

• It is an Official SW Convention
    • 25th Anniversary of Star Wars.
    • Meet lots of people I know from Fanforce and outside of Fanforce.
    • Meet Star Wars Celebs and get autographs.
    • Have the Ultimate Star Wars Experience

I am sure I left a bunch of things out.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    All of what he said, plus it's 3 miles down the street from me and it's going to be a big thing for my Star Wars club.

3. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Once again, all the above reasons, plus to hear from people who worked on the film, see props and models from the new movie, and to see all of the new games, toys and collectables that will be displayed as they were at the first Celebration. And you just can't beat a life-sized X-Wing on display...

4. ShiraBrie

ShiraBrie Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2001
    Pretty much all of the above. Except meeting celebrities isn't important to me. I'll be more interested in finding out more about the props and the behind-the-scenes stuff. A life-sized X-wing would be something I'd never forget. :D

5. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    For me, it's simply the ultimate Star Wars experience. How can it get any better than this? Plus, it's my birthday gift from my parents - the hotel, gas and 3-day pass to the event. But I'm on my own for souveniers :)

Where else will a lifelong fan like myself be able to meet other fans, meet people directly involved with the productions, and immerse myself in all things Star Wars? I can't wait for it!

6. GlennB

GlennB Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 1999
    All the above in addition to the fact that I was on the way to Celebration 1 and my engine blew up. Friend went and said despite the rain and long lines it was awesome. So I WILL NOT MISS THIS ONE.

7. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I am just a Starwars Freak. Nuff said. ;)

8. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    I'm going in hope that there will be some book authors there, and to meet some of my forum buddies.

9. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Why am I going to the Celebration?

I've been to Dr. Who conventions, anime conventions, Buffy conventions, and even *Star Trek* conventions, but to go to something like this is hard to pass up. I didn't get to the first one, but I did get to the Star Wars Weekends at DisneyWorld this year, and saw the Magic of Myth tour in San Diego a couple of years ago, and this is definately going to be much more HUGE!

I'm hoping that GL shows up, but I'm really counting on Hayden, whereas if Natalie showed up it would just be..... mindnumbing.

10. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *smirks* Especially if she shows up in that ripped mid-driff showing shirt, right? ;)

Silly boys. But umm I would agree that if Ewan showed up..umm yeah I think mindnumbing would be the right word for it.

"Hi, I'm Ewan McGregor."
    "Umm....ummm...ummm.....hi." *faint*

Nah, I don't think it would be that bad. At least not the fainting part.

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I can't think of a reason why I wouldn't go. I would have gone to Denver for the first one if I knew about it, and I'll be ready to go in 2005 for C3 wherever that may be.

12. FB

FB Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2000
    well, let's see...

- I've never been to a convention in my life.
    - I haven't been to the US for more than 4 years.
    - I'm a Star Wars fan.
    - I could shoot a documentary while I'm there.
    - I could meet a lot of interesting people.
    - I might be the only italian there.

:D

13. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    "Why are you going to Celebration?"
    Is that a trick question?

I am going because I am within a few hours driving distance and this may be my one and only opportunity to do this, if I miss this I might regret it for the rest of their life.

14. ElegantWeapon

ElegantWeapon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    I missed the first one.
    Because I can tolerate an 8hr drive. :)
    See some semi to big stars, I hope.
    Because it'll put the Magic to Myth and AlphaCon events to shame. (And I loved those.)

On a side note, I just got my passes! Yea!
    Why didn't anyone say they'd be so big??!?
    IS this normal? Cuase my AlphaCon pass is like half this size! :)

15. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Most of the reasons mentioned above..

16. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    I'm going because I can walk there from my house. :)

17. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    heehee, yeah, is that a trick question.

Yes, all of the reasons stated (except for the, 'I live really close' reason, lol)

It's like visiting the place you were born, except with MORE toys and goodies, hehe.

P.L.

18. Gonzonaut

Gonzonaut Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2000
    1. Indianapolis is significantly closer to my hoe that Colorado

2. It'll be one helluva trip for me and my two best friends.

3. Meet other diehards.

4. I've never been to a Star War convention before, so I figure I might as well lose my 'convention virginity,' if you will, to the great mother of all conventions.

19. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm going for most of the reasons already stated and to give it a chance of redeeming the horribly soggy experience I had at the first one. [face_mischief]

20. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I think pretty much every reason's been covered. I would've went to the last one, but I didn't even know about it. [face_embarrased] heh. That lifesize x-wing sounds good. And I'd like to meet some of you guys. *sigh* though I fear I'm going to max out my credit cards on SW souveniers. The 'rents will not be happy. [face_plain] [face_devil]

21. Obi-Kaufman

Obi-Kaufman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    Not meaning to be the bearer of monotony but everything everybody else said plus: I NEED TO GET OUT OF GEORGIA!!!!! Thank you.

22. Tyles

Tyles Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2001
    I went to the first Celebration and it was a blast! My friend and I had 3-day passes, but because of transportation problems, could only enjoy the second day of it. I met a lot of cool fans from all over the globe and it was just an over all fun time. I didn't get to see the guest speakers last time, but now that I plan to be there the whole weekend, I fully intend to catch as many as I can. If anyone didn't go last time, do yourself a favor and go this time!!!This Kansas Jedi can't wait for May!!!!!

23. blackwatch88

blackwatch88 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    I am going because the one in denver was to far for me. this one is kind of in my backyard only a 6 hour trip. i am hoping to see some actors i have not yet had the chance to meet. but i did get to meet sam jackson in london over the summer when i was on vacation. well we will see in a bit who is going to be their. also it is the 25th ani of the best movie ever made. i will also beable to show off my mace windu light saber handle i have. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

24. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    If I go (and it does look as though I will), it'll be because I'm a Star Wars fan. I've never been to a convention, and I figure this will be a good one to start with. I also look forward to possibly meeting SW personnal, and of course, friends from the boards here. :)

~*~Bria

25. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I always enjoy meeting other SW fans

A chance for my sister (Padawan92) and I to spend a weekend doing nothing but SW stuff

A chance at meeting SW celebrity and just saying "hello" or "thank you...for creating something that brings so many people together"

Checking out the collector's tables, and doing a little(?) shopping

Getting to see some movie props, I hope they bring the full-size X-Wing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.