Why aren't all the songs on the Prequel Soundtracks?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Guinastasia, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Guinastasia Force Ghost

star 6
    I've noticed there are pieces that aren't included on my prequel discs, although the Original Trilogy soundtracks include everything.

What gives?

2. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, first of all you have to realize we're pretty lucky with Star Wars...few soundtracks receive complete releases.

Remember, those Trilogy soundtracks you have are NOT first releases. The original ones were more incomplete than the prequels'!

The Phantom Menace was first released as a one-CD soundtrack. Its tracks did not follow the film chronologically, and much of the music was missing. The "Ultimate Edition" followed the film chronogically...every last second of it. In other words, all the bad edits are present, and you will not find any unused cues (although "Desert Winds" may not have been in the theatrical release, it is present on the video and DVD versions, which were not released together and are not identical).

Attack of the Clones really got shafted musically, but the album flows rather well...it has not gotten an "Ultimate Edition" as The Phantom Menace did, and we don't want it to...what we need is a complete soundtrack of the music as composed by Williams, which is the case with the latest Trilogy releases, for the most part.
  3. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Well, I for one would run out and buy an Ultimate Edition of AOTC right away. Better than nothing. ;)

Also, they are not "songs". They are tracks or cues. Unless you want to argue about DOTF. :)
  4. Guinastasia Force Ghost

star 6
    There's an Ultimate Edition of TPM?

I so did not know that.

5. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Well, there's a pleasant Leap Day surprise! :)
  6. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They can't really release all the music on single disc albums for a couple of reasons:

- one disc can't hold all the music (duh)
    - it's too expensive to release all the music as they would have to pay the performers more money

We will probably get complete releases of AOTC and Ep III eventually. If we're lucky, we'll even get a proper complete release of TPM.
  7. Dani1138 Force Ghost

star 3
  8. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I waited 14 years for a "complete" ROTJ soundtrack.
  9. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    way to get our hopes up, General [face_plain]

:p
  10. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Just dealing perspective. :)
  11. Guinastasia Force Ghost

star 6
    That is so going on my wishlist.

12. Dani1138 Force Ghost

star 3
    I waited 14 years for a "complete" ROTJ soundtrack.

Ok then, very patient. ;)
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.