main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Why can't I play this game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Alixen, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Not in a technical sense, but more a motivational sense.

I pre-order and played my Jedi Sentinel up til around lvl 42. I played various other classes, Sith and Republic, to various early-mid levels, on every class. I found the storytelling stellar, it feels like SW, its a large community where some fairly large scale roleplay can go on, and the gameplay and PVP were both a lot of fun. I even liked the space battles. I'm amongst the rare few that had no trouble seeing it as KOTOR3.

However, several times i've re-installed, and I just never find the motivation to hit that exe. And when I have, I just run around a little, get half way through a quest, and log off. I just recently re-installed; and have now just uninstalled again because I needed the HD space for Final Fantasy XIV RR.

I really enjoyed my time in the game, and at the time didn't see myself ever leaving... but obviously something, somewhere, never clicked. Has anyone else had this happen to them with TOR?

2. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    To be honest I went through a couple of months not playing but since I've been back I'm totally immersed in the world again. I play every evening if I can and probably haven't played any other game in 6 months.

To be honest I've never PVP'ed, hardly ever group to do Heroics and have only been in the odd Guild for a few weeks before drama's have forced me out - just can't be bothered with all that etc. BUT I love it, can't get enough of it etc etc I think they are gradually making it better and better, the graphical tweeks and changes of late have made it crisper and adding to the beauty of the Planets. Dunno, its probably all personal but I can't wait until tonight when I can dive back in again.

Looking forward to some good RP again soon but going through the class quests is enough for me usually as the large updates have kept me interested. The sound, the music . . . . its just what this SW addict was crying out for for years. :)

3. Nattu

Nattu Jedi Padawan

Jul 29, 2013
    Hando,

I am totally with you on this one!

Hando likes this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I have long periods I don't play and then I might play solidly for a week or two.
    I think the thing with a game like TOR is that you have to commit a number of hours to it to get anything done like a quest. With ordinary games you can play for 30mins and then save and switch off, I just don't have the time or motivation to spend enough of the day doing stuff.

But I will again I'm sure.

5. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    While it is certainly possible to do things briefly in TOR (if you know what you're doing most flashpoints, even in HM can be cleared in 30mins or less), the game does seem to be designed around playing for a few hours at a time. The game is set up into discrete block-like areas, most obviously on worlds like Nar Shaddaa, and the principal gameplay method is to do roughly everything in such a block, which might be 4-5 quests plus a heroic, in one go.