main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why can't the Jedi Council sense the dark side?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by JediDundee, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    But don't you see.... The Dark Side IS more powerful than the Light Side. Seriously. The reason the Light Side wins so often, is that the Dark Side is so powerful that it is harder to control, and corrupts/ consumes the wielder. Though a Jedi may not wield as much power, the Jedi is in contol of themselves and the force.

So in conclusion, one as powerful as Palpy with the Dark Side would be able to cloud and shield it from the les powerful but better disciplined Jedi.

You want proof? Darth Maul was an Apprentice who took on two Jedi and nearly killed them both. Vader easily beat look, even in his mechanic state, until he allowed the light side of the force to grow within him.

Your thoughts?

2. aPPmaSTer

aPPmaSTer Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2004
    What I read somewhere is that before the events of TPM, Sidious acquired a certain crystal, a "Kaiburr crystal" if I'm not mistaken. From what I understood, this crystal significantly amplifies one's ability to use the Force. This would explain why only with Sidious and no other Sith lord that we know of, is there a "dark cloud" covering the vision of the Jedi, as no other Sith lord had one of those crystals before.

The idea makes sense to me, however from what I know, this won't be mentioned in ROTS, so it's not a spoiler or anything.

As for Palpatine's aging, I'm guessing that it's because of his use of the dark side of the Force. I think the more you use it, the more it affects your age or health. For the StarCraft fans, it's like using stimpacks with your infantry; it gives them a huge boost in speed and power, but it drains their health every time you use it.

Also, Rob Baajakh, I'm intrigued by your discussion on the unifying force and the living force. Call me ignorant, but could you provide more info on this topic, and if there are any other sectors of the force we should be aware of...pm me if you don't want to post it here.

3. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    becasue the jedi are too weak in the force compared to the sith to be able to see wat they are doing. If yoda cant see wat anikin is doing only wat he is feeling then how can u think Yoda or any other jedi can see wat palpatine or dooku is doing or thinking or feeling

4. steverodgers801

steverodgers801 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    there are a couple of side books that state that the sith can cloak their dark side. in fact its probally the same thing that allow yoda and obi wan to hide also from the emperor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.