main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga 'Why Can't We Be Friends?' Here it is! H/L follow up to An Unagreeable Pairing! Humor/romance

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanSoloIsSoCute, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oh, this is such fun! I love it when they have to play married couple!!!

Can't wait for the update on this.

2. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    Wow! I have readers? Praise God and bless you all! :D

MoeTharen Who's calling who a nut? ;) However, I am so happy that you stick with me through thick and thin, stupid fics and good fics. :) I'll do the best I can to always be there for you.

KELIA lol I know I wouldn't have lasted that long. So glad you enjoyed it!

dm1 I know the whole 'married' bit has been done, but the plot bunny was just sitting there, begging me to write it lol. I'm ever so glad you liked it, and the update will be soon, well, as soon as I'm done writing it. ;)

3. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Hugs and caramel popcorn for updating so quickly![:D]

"Han?" she asked, "What are you reading?"

"The take-out menus."

Of course, the only time a man is truely interested it obviously has to do with food or something else ;) .

Great chapter, can't wait for the next part!

4. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Mmmm, thanky for the popcorn! :D *munch munch munch* Maybe I should write faster. ;)

lol Yes we all know all men care about is food and.......nevermind. lol even my mom laughed at the 'take-out menus' part.

I'll be updating as soon as I finish! :D

5. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Here is the update! I'm sorry it's short, but I wrote it in one hour, so bear with me. ;)

Leia didn't speak to Han for days after the 'incident', and they went back to how they had been before. They went to a different place everyday, hoping to at least catch a glimpse of their target. They planned strategy and went over reports, not once stopping to communicate or acknowledge eachother. Han had tried a few times to talk to Leia, but she always brushed him off or just plain walked away. It was beginning to drive Han nuts. They weren't even having their petty arguements!

Finally, Han cornered Leia on the balcony. She frowned at him and moved to walk away. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back.

"Look, Leia," he began, "you're driving me nuts! I'm sorry about that well, that thing. But it's no reason to ignore me for days!" he stammered, not sure what he was going to say next.

Leia yanked her arm free and stood about the distance from him you would a dirty nerf. "Oh, it's not, is it?! Well, I can't work with someone who is nothing but forward and a complete flirt! I can't be in a room with you for five minutes without some 'incident' such as that happening!" she snapped, leaning against the rail that looked out over the lake.

Han shifted uncomfortably, realizing what she said was true. Maybe he had been being a little forward, he just couldn't help himself, it was so strange to be around her day and night. Ususally at the base he only saw her about twice a week. He had only been 'married' to her for five days, true, but things seemed different out here. But, the mission would not go too well if they didn't at least TALK. He sighed and tooked a step towards her. She glowered and backed away. He rolled his eyes and stepped back, giving her all the space she needed.

"Look, princess, the way I see it, it's all water under the bridge. You can forget about it and we can finish this mission, or you can refuse to speak to me, and blow it. But I think I know which one you're gonna choose. 'Cause you like to agrue with me too much. We need to at least talk. This mission was assigned to both of us, so we need to work together." he snapped, watching her expression change from that of anger to guilt. Maybe he was a little too harsh.

He grinned. "I promise not to kiss you, you promise not to intince me?" he joked. At that Leia smiled. She relaxed and stopped clinging to the rail.

"Ok." she said and smiled.

"Good. Now, I believe there is a mission with our names on it."

Han and Leia got right to work, and things were much more relaxed. They weren't going for eachothers' throats anymore, and were working together in a much more agreeable atomspere. After two days of research, they finally found out one place Dagger was going to be for sure. On sunday (their last day) he was recieving a shipment of his favorite acid. Plenty of people who knew about it were easily paid off and in a matter of hours, they knew right where the drop was going to be made.

In the lowest level of Naboo, in the farthest back alley. Not many a creature ventured back there, except those who had business. Business they didn't want anyone to know about. Dagger was getting the shipment in half an hour, the drop would probably only take five minutes. He would inspect the load, pay the shippers, load it into his ship, and be gone. They had no time to waste. Han and Leia took a replusor to the bottom level, and were surprised at how long it took.

They stood in the replusor, an icy silence settling over them. Han shifted and took out his blaster. He began to check the charges, reloading and unloading them, doing anything to keep Leia's gaze off him. She continued to stare at him, he couldn't quite tell why. He looked up at her, and ran a hand through his jet black hair.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing."

"It's something. Now come on, spill your guts."

Leia sighed and leaned against the small compartment. "I was just wondering, do you think, maybe, we won't survive this?" she asked

6. ladie_padawan

ladie_padawan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Oh boy, this is getting good! And that scene with Han and Leia...*fans self*

Sorry it's been so long since I posted but I've been getting a ton of homework since it's the end of the first quarter and the evil teachers are cracking down on us poor miserable students!

7. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Grrr, those evil teachers! I bet Darth Vader has a choke hold on all of them! [face_devil]

Yeah, I'm getting a little more comfortable with writing romance and the like, and I think I got a little carried away there lol. [face_blush]

8. ladie_padawan

ladie_padawan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    No wonder I love Darth Vader so much! He is my true hero now.[face_love]

9. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    lol you're just nuts. The man wears black tights!!! Plus I think that choke hold is what makes your teachers so grumpy. ;)

10. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oh, it's hot in here! [face_blush] Good job on the romance and the kiss! Keep it up, and thanks for letting me know when this updated!

11. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Thanks! I hope I didn't go too overboard there with the 'replusor incident' lol. [face_blush]

I hope I wasn't spamming with the PM, but I wanted to save you the trouble of digging for it. :)

12. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    Must you leave us HANGING?!!!

13. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Hey, great post! It had something for everybody: Comedy, romance,danger...and, well that's it. But it works for me. Thanks for the PM.

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Leia didn't speak to Han for days after the 'incident'

so she took it well, then? :p

I love how close they are drawing

Nice update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    I love this fic.. so cute... :d
    im not sure which one is better, the one before or this one...
    great updates

DM

16. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    MoeTharen Yes I must. Because I am evil. Evil, evil you hear evil!!! [face_devil]

Jaira Sorry, I know it doesn't have much to it. But I'm used to only doing H/L viggies, this is only the second full length H/L fic I've done besides An Unagreeable Pairing. But I'm so glad you likes it! :D

KELIA lol I guess she did. But I'm afraid that closeness, well, it is forgotten. You will see why next chapter. [face_devil]

DarthMasan lol I'm so glad you like them both! :D :D I won't make you choose. :D Anyway, stay tuned for the LAST chapter, coming to a forum near you. ;)

17. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Here is the last chapter! :D

Dagger grunted and began to load the crate onto his replusor. Han looked at Leia. Now was the time.

"Leia," Han began, "I need you to stay here."

"What?! If you think I'm going to stand back here and bite my nails like a frightened little mouse, you're crazy!" Leia snapped back. Han took out his blaster and peered out. He turned back to Leia.

"Look, if there's a problem, com for help. You have the other blaster, I'll be fine. Just back me up, ok?" Han asked her, pleading slightly. Leia opened her mouth to protest but Han clamped it shut with his hand.

"Leia, I really need you to do this for me." He framed her face in his hands, hesitated slightly, and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. "I'll be right back." he whispered and was gone. Leia frowned and checked the charge on her blaster. Damn fool. He could never take Dagger alone. She holstered it and leaned out just slightly. Han was coming up on Dagger's back. Han took out his blaster and pointed it at Dagger?s head.

"Put 'em up. Nice and slow." Han instructed him, watching his every move. Dagger lowered the crate and straightened up. He turned to face Han. And for the first time, Han got a good look at his face. His features were twisted with contempt, he was obviously wound very tight. He wore no shirt, the deep scar proudly displayed on his chest.

"Ok, now, disarm." Han told him, keeping a firm grip on his blaster. Dagger grinned, and like lightening, he plugged Han in the jaw. And that's how it happened, a minor distraction, and forced self defense reaction, and the blaster was in the hands of the killer. He fired once, penetrating Han's chest with the blast. Han staggered back in shock. Leia stared in horror at the rapidly speading crimson on his white t-shirt.

"I'll be right back."

Han grinned and looked at his wound. "I was told you never used fire power." he smirked. Dagger shrugged, tossing the blaster away.

"I've said I don't use 'em, never said I didn't know how." he sneered evilly. "But let's finish this job the way I like to." with that he pulled out a long, wicked looking knife. He twirled it around, circling Han. He stepped a fair distance away from Han, and aimed to throw the knife. A quick flick of the wrist, and he let it fly. There was loud scream of a blaster, and the knife shattered in the air, just inches from Han.

Another blast hit Dagger in the face, and he staggered back, falling to his knees.

Leia stepped out of the shadows, smoking blaster in hand. She checked to make sure Dagger was history, and rushed to Han's side. He was lying on the cold ground now, his breaths coming in short gasps. Leia grabbed his hand.

"Han?" she whispered, her voice cracking.

"L-Leia?" Han murmured, not opening his eyes.

"I'm here, you're gonna be alright." Leia reassured him, not feeling as confident as she sounded. She grabbed her com and dialed the police. She gave the instructions as to where they were and returned to Han.

"Everything is going to be ok." she told him, gripping his hand. Han didn't respond. She shook him, no reaction. Frantic, she checked his pulse. None. Leia burst into tears, hugging him fiercely.

"I'll be right back."

"Han, Han, don't leave me! Don't leave me now." Leia stared at his pale face, begging for a response.

"I love you." There, she had said it. Though, what good did it do her now? He was gone. And he had left her, never knowing the truth. Leia fell across his chest, weeping openly.

"Ma'am?" Leia looked up to regard the med crew. She nodded and stepped away. They loaded Han into their ship, closing the door behind them. Leia watched as they flew away, taking her true love with them. One of the nurses came up to her, talking about something. Leia couldn't hear her, there was a roaring sound in her ears. Gone. He was gone. Tears slid down her face, unchecked.

"LEIA!"

Leia snapped into reality at the sound of Mon Mothma's voice.

"Mon Mothma? What are you doing here?" she asked, completely bewildered. M

18. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Great chapter! Feel anything yet, Han? Leia? o_O [face_laugh] Thanks for the PM! [:D]

19. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    "Han, someday, maybe I'll get up the courage to tell you I love you for real, when you're awake. But for now, I guess this is the only time I'll say it." Leia smiled leaned close to his ear.

"I love you."

Perfect Ending!

"Heart"

20. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    lol Those two stubborn nerfs. ;)

21. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    So glad you liked the ending! I was half asleep and doped. :)

Just kidding. ;)

22. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Aww, what a sweet, promising end! :)

23. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh no, it's over? :_| :_|

And they were just starting to like each other! :p

Loved the amnesia in the end!

Bravo!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

24. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    He twirled it around, circling Han. He stepped a fair distance away from Han, and aimed to throw the knife. A quick flick of the wrist, and he let it fly. There was loud scream of a blaster, and the knife shattered in the air, just inches from Han.

Oooooo...I loved that part!

25. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    [face_devil] Memory loss, that was evil. Oh well, a great ending really!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.