main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Clone?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Hutsbuttsmakemenutz, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hutsbuttsmakemenutz

Hutsbuttsmakemenutz Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2004
    You know in the old days people use to fight for what they believed in themself. You know like WW1 and WW2 but in these new star wars movies we are faced with the pressing question of "Should we fight or should we send mindless clones out to die for us". Now this may not sound to bad to some people. You know growing people in tubes and taking away their male and female qualities so that they are mindless fight machins. If you don't wanna send them then you gatta fight yourself. Anyway tell me what you think, Should we send clones to Iraq!

P.s. I was derected here by are neighbor friendly web police that said to go to the senate forum so I hope this is the right one.

2. Hutsbuttsmakemenutz

Apr 26, 2004
    I'm replying my self seens no one wants to.

3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Should we fight or should we send midless clones out to die for us
    Ive posted my opinon on this subject before, and got quite the reaction so here i go again.

Yes.If we can make clones to do our fighting and dying I think we should.I also belive we should clone for organ donation.Why should another person die if we have the chance to make a healthy clone of them and take what we need.

Yes, I have heard the ITS MURDER!! line.BUt in my opinon if we make them unaware it would be no different than cattle.

I know this is proly going to anger some ppl but it just my opinion.

4. Hutsbuttsmakemenutz

Apr 26, 2004
    Well if they were unaware then how would we get them to do what we wanted them to do, and if your ganna tell me some sort of device on their head, or even brain wave than we can list these devies too.

1.)EMP
    2.)The enemy's have brain waves too.

5. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    I don't know enough about cloning to decide whether using clones is murder or not. If you clone a complete person does he/she/it have a psyche or a soul?

6. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Well, humanity wasn't automatically born with the ability to mimic God for a reason. ;)Cloning is tampering with the natural order of life, and we don't even know if duplicated humans have souls--a paradox. :)

<[-]> Saber

7. Klix

Klix Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Well, humanity wasn't automatically born with the ability to mimic God for a reason. Cloning is tampering with the natural order of life, and we don't even know if duplicated humans have souls--a paradox.

Very true. Cloning is something I do not think we should tamper with.

8. Krosas

Krosas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2001
    The main reason that cloning should be researched is really for the medical, not military benefits. Stem cell research holds a lot of promise for millions of of sick people. But the unanswerable ethical questions surrounding the nature of the living human to me outweigh the benefits. If there was even the slightest chance that a clone was a truly sentient being, then any such programs would be genocide.

Developing fighting clones, a la AOTC, would be quite a boost to military might until any other opposing faction also discovered how to clone mass quantities of people. Then you'd have a problem. The main reason that war is such a serious risk is because of the cost of human life. If the life no longer has a cost, then war becomes cheap and meaningless. The standard ways of fighting would now not be good enough and would probably lead to God only knows what.

I think for the military it would be easier to develop autonomous fighting machines rather than try to clone anyone. Of course once you do that, then the machines will take over the world! :)

No easy answers, are there?

9. Hutsbuttsmakemenutz

Apr 26, 2004
    Well the point of making a clone army would be to take over more land, which may I add is usually the start of every war anyway.

Now i'm not saying that reasearch for cloning human organs is a bad thing but it wasn't the question(I think thats a great idea and will probly someday be possible). I think I made the question pretty clear. "Should we send a clone army to Iraq?" (I know there is no clone army but if there was, should we?)

I do have another question though If people are made the same way clone would be made, you know born in someway simmilar to the a human baby then why wouldn't they have a soul. Also maby people are thinking of souls as spirits that fly out of are body's when we die, ether go the heaven or hell or just make hell on earth. What if really souls are the will that we the people have to servive. When we die everyone wants to go on living so maby thats are way of doing it. My point is if people (and souls) are being made by people everyday (sex). Even if they don't look the same as a clone would it deosn't mean that it isn't the same consept. Cloning is another way to make humanlife, making it look exactly like someone else is just a side dish.

By the way I'm a Christian. I believe we have a soul I just don't think anyone knows what that really means. :)

Ace

P.s. Whatever Klix says deosn't matter (Nathen)!

10. windue_likes_yoda

windue_likes_yoda Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    I first agree with Hutsbutts by saying please ignore Klix...he rarely makes any major contributions to forums, simply making small, menial, observations and comments that state very little. So shut up you astromech droid!!!

Anyways, I say hell yeah send clones to Iraq!!! And not just there! I say if we had advanced cloning and combat training for the clones as well, we should start an imperial campaign. I mean, who would stop us? We'd have such a large and expendable army that if legion upon legion of clones were killed, we'd have just as many ready to take their place again and then some. Our army would quickly grow and so would our power and influence. First we would stablize Iraq. Then, basing more troops inside the beleaguered nation, we would begin a Mid East conquest mission that would allow us to take over a large part of the globe's oil reserves, thereby increasing our power and influence even more. Oil embargos against certain nations would make them fall to our needs and then the clones would move in and occupy the nation. Before lone, the world would be ours.

And screw the WMDs that other nations posses. The only real one to worry about here at home is the nuclear threat, and if we through enough money and research behind the missile defense plan we could erradicate that possibilty all together or even go with a first strike method. Either way, I could see the beginning of an Empire...one that would be good for this world, not the usual negative connotation the word empire carries with it. No, this empire would be good and great for all the people of the world!

YES FOR A CLONE ARMY AND IMPERIALISM!!!!!!

11. Darth Mulacki

Darth Mulacki Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 4, 1999
    A clone is just a genetic replica of a human, but its still a person. Clones should, and will I hope, have the same rights as anybody else, cause they have a personality and a memory of their own.

You can't make mindless clones like the ones in AOTC, that would require genetic tampering that wont be available for the next century.

And second it takes 20 years for clone to reach an age where it can become soldier, so teh idea about sending them to Iraq is dubious.

12. windue_likes_yoda

Apr 30, 2004
    Mulacki, we are all aware that the technology available to us at this time would be inadequate to manufacture a clone army, ones that will have total obedience as well. The question here is a hypothetical one. If the possibility of producing a clone army was open to us, should we do it to replace our current Armed Forces in such nations as Iraq.

I personally think it should be used for an Empire of the Good. An Empire of the Compassionate. An Empire for Greatness. We would bring new wonders to the world that globe has not even had a fleeting glimpse of yet. Our illustrious armed clone warriors would go out and make conquest of the land we so desire and the spoils of war will come to us, the commanders, and we have found ourselves a new genre of warfare.

The clone army is the key to total domination.....

13. windue_likes_yoda

Apr 30, 2004
    I feel not enough attention is being paid to what will someday become a pressing and important issue facing world leaders. It will not be long before the cloning technology allows us to produce clones at a much faster pace than it does now. Genetic altering experiments now will lead us to alter the DNA of these clone warriors making them the ideal soldier. Speed, agility, strenght, dead-eye accuracy, and most important, total obedience. It will not be long before some nation uses advanced cloning technology to creat a whole new type of warfare, clone warfare. The implications of a never ending army could be widespread. It may lead to even more terrible and powerful WMDs to deal with the growing armies of clones.

My point is though, not enough people are responding to this thread when they're really should be more. I'm leaving this post in the hopes that someone will see it and leave their thoughts and opinions on the matter.

so please, if your reading this, i ask you to make a contribution to the discussion.

thank you

14. Hutsbuttsmakemenutz

Apr 26, 2004
    Finnaly someone who gives me an answer! :)

15. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002

People want to clone their cats because they miss their cats so much. This isn't because of appearance only but also because they connected with the original and are hoping to do the same with the clone.

If we believe in clone cats with a personality and heart, why not human heart?

Besides, cloning is a new science, something that I think should be thoroughly studied before we tamper with it. Besides, like someone else said, machines would be easier.

Just make sure there's no Agent Smiths.

16. Hutsbuttsmakemenutz

Apr 26, 2004
    Cool a fellow Matrix fan! :)

17. Jedi_Cyana

Apr 1, 2002
    Indeed, Mr. Anderson.

18. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Why climb everest? Why reach for the moon?

19. Jedi_Cyana

Apr 1, 2002
    Good question.

20. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    I wish they would clone Keira Knightley.

:p

21. yoda_likes_butts

yoda_likes_butts Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2004
    I wish they'd make a clone army to beat the snot out of you mischevious.

What about the possibility of a clone army? did no one read my above mentioned posts on the potential of clone warriors! if you haven't done so, do it and leave your thoughts on it. the original thread was about cloning armies, not cats, or for stem cell research, or for growing organs. It was for growing warriors.

22. Jedi_Cyana

Apr 1, 2002

I mentioned cats only as an example. If we expect cloned cats to have souls and feelings, why not people?

It'd be like a genocide of some sort.

23. Photosynthesis

Photosynthesis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    Well, humanity wasn't automatically born with the ability to mimic God for a reason. Cloning is tampering with the natural order of life, and we don't even know if duplicated humans have souls--a paradox.

Technically, we don't know if regular humans have souls either. Also, why would anyone want to clone cats? Christ, dontcha think there are enough cats out there? We should clone armies with the express purpose of killing cats. Imagine.....cloned cat killers, wandering the alleys, and kicking down the doors of homes of spinsters, eliminating cat after cat after cat.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Clones of humans would be humans. Forcing a human to fight for you through intimidation, brainwashing, or genetic manipulation is wrong, and I cannot believe that anyone on this board would even consider it. A clone would not be subhuman, even if it had been genetically manipulated. I don't believe in the concept of a "soul," so it's never really an issue for me.

25. Hutsbuttsdrivemenutz

Hutsbuttsdrivemenutz Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    Yes clones are freaken awsome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.