main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Did Anakin 'Hate' Obi Wan?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by YoungAngus, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth254

darth254 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    Anakin was having his Force period....that time of the month.

2. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Anakin doesn't hate Obi-Wan. Darth Vader, the guy that used to be Anakin before he was consumed by the dark side of the force, hates Obi-Wan. He's a Sith. Sith hate, that's what they do.

3. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i agree ,vader is the one who yells i hate u,not anakin,not having the suit doesnt mean he is not vader.anakin skywalker would have never killed children or strangle his wife,vader did that.

4. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005

WHAT? Every single word in that sentence makes no sense. I would say more, but I don't want to get banned.

Anakin does not "hate" Obi-Wan. Look at the sadness in his eyes as he is crawling, helpless. It is only after Obi turns away that he says "I HATE YOU!". I believe Anakin merely uses obi-wan as a scapegoat for all of his own failings, and I do not believe he hates obi.

He doesn't really hate him, but he says it out of anger and frustration.

I disgaree 100%. He hated the guy. He absolutely, positively [[face_dancing]] LOATHED him.

5. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I disgaree 100%. He hated the guy. He absolutely, positively [ ] LOATHED him.

I agree DARTH VADER hated Obi-Wan.

Edit: BTW, I love the word loathe.
    That's kinda ironic.

6. yaddidameen

yaddidameen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    i think people are a little confused. they talk as if vader ana anakin are two separate people. don't get me wrong, i think vader and anakin different, but vader is still anakin only twisted by the darkside.

anakin willingly chose the darkside, he cose to kill for padme, for power. anakin does all the things he does willingly, so i truly do believe that both anakin and vader both hated obi wan. in AOTC he shows his frustration with obi wan, in ROTS anakin is completely paranoid about obi wan even so much as visiting padme. he has issues with obi wan, and in ROTS he does hate obi wan.

when anakin says i hate you, i believe that he means every word of it. obi wan has just crippled him, he has destroyed his future plans for domination, in his mind obi wan is responsible for taking padme away from him. IMO all signs point to him hating obi wan. i don't think the "vader" excuse flies, because he has alwayus shown resentment towards obi wan, even so far as blatant outright mistrust.

7. Darth_Sadis

Darth_Sadis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    I don't know the whole story but one factor was left out of the released script. In the original Anakin and Palpatine are speaking after Ben leaves for Utapau. These are the lines.
    PALPATINE: There are rumors in the Senate about Master Kenobi. Many believe he is not fit for this assignment.

ANAKIN: Not fit? Why would anyone think that?

PALPATINE: They say his mind has become fogged by the influence of a certain female Senator.

ANAKIN: That's ridiculous. Who?!?

PALPATINE: (slyly) No one knows who she is ... only that she is a Senator.

ANAKIN: That's impossible. I would know.

PALPATINE: Sometimes the closest are the ones who cannot see.

ANAKIN becomes worried.

PALPATINE: (continuing) Idle Senate gossip is rarely true and never accurate. I'm sure your Master will do fine.

This is also why Anakin becomes slightly defensive when he goes to Padme and says 'Obi-Wan was here?'
    And why on Mustafar when Padme tells him he is going down a path she can't follow his reply is 'Because of Obi-Wan?'
    Then he sees Obi-Wan in the ship and immediately assumes their plan is to eliminate him and live together in peace.
    Phew.

8. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    ^^^^^^^^^

Haha. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I can see why that was left out of the script.

yaddidameen, I agree with you. Anakin hates Obi-Wan. And Vader hates Obi-Wan.

9. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I don't see it as a Vader excuse, but more of an accurate assessment of his state when he belts out these words. I think Anakin loves Obi-Wan, he does everything in his power to save him until he becomes corrupted by the darkside. Remember, he saves Obi-Wan twice in the first half-hour of the movie, first over Obi-Wan's objection, and then over Palpatine's objection. I don't think they are different people, it's just that when Anakin/Vader shouts "I HATE YOU" he's more of a Sith than a Jedi.

10. yaddidameen

Jun 13, 2005
    thanks for the clarification yoshifett. :)

i just get a little tired of people saying "it wasn't annie, it was evil vader."

i mean anakin willingly became vader, his actions were his and his alone. that's all i'm saying.

11. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    ^^^^^^^^^

YES! I know exactly how you feel.

12. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I agree

"Wonderful! Wonderful!"

13. Master_Kenobi1138

Master_Kenobi1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Qiutet a bit of people are obessed with Obi-Wan (eg. Anakin and ventress)

14. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    And quite a bit are obsessed with Anakin (ME!!!) But yah, there are a lot more Obi fans. What does this have to do with anything [just curious].

15. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I love them both. Is that wrong?

Is that like loving both SW and Star Trek?

16. darthwindu2005

darthwindu2005 Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    he said that because he cut his legs off and his arm

17. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    I love them both too but lean a little more towards Anakin. And if it's wrong, I don't wanna be right. Probably why I don't even want to think either could ever hate the other deep down.

18. CorranFan9

CorranFan9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    Anakin doesnt really hate anyone but himself. Hes using his fake anger for say the order and kenobi as an excuse. the sith hate its part of their code. Hate leads to the dark side.

19. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Yes, hate leads to the dark side.:-B

20. yaddidameen

Jun 13, 2005
    what is there in the films that supports the fact that anakin didn't hate obi wan? from what i see onscreen anakin hates obi wan, take into account that anakin only says this after being crippled. i mean think of it logically, obi wan just crippled him, he has lost his wife, and in anakin's own mind he thinks obi wan is responsible for turning padme against him. it's is very logical to assume that anakin did in fact hate obi wan kenobi.

21. Darth_Kyran

Darth_Kyran Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2005
    Anakin hated Obi-Wan. Because Obi-Wan spoiled his plans. Anakin lost his arm and legs

22. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Anakin has always been jealous of Obi-wan. And now, Obi-wan is a "Jedi traitor", "jealous" of Anakin, attempts to "make himself look better than Anakin and hold Anakin back", "turned Padme against him", tried to turn Anakin againsts Palpatine, and cut off Anakin's arm and both legs. I'd say Anakin has, from his point of view, reasons to hate Obi-wan.

23. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I think Anakin Skywalker, the Jedi, does not hate Obi-Wan. He's saved his life numerous times in the film and he apologizes quite sincerely to his master. However, he is twisted by the dark side of the force, and when that happens, the new Sith Darth Vader hates Obi-Wan.

24. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Very true. I think he allowed himself to shift and twist all the loathing he felt for himself and all he had done over to Obi-Wan and created a kind of universe for himself according to his own perception, where Obi betrayed him. Twisted, but I think it was the way in which he allowed himself to deal with all the guilt he must have felt, then it came crashing down, destroying the illusion once he hears that it was he who killed Padme.

25. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    Anakin DOES hate Obi-wan because he blames him for everything that went wrong in his life such as:

-Leaving Qui-Gon to die.
    -Not being allowed to save his mother in time.
    -Always restricting him and not allowing him to make his own choices.
    -Being the catalyst in Padme's death by turining her against Anakin.
    -Chopping up his legs and left arm and then leaving him to be burnt alive.
    and
    -Ruining Ani's plans to rule the galaxy.

Anakin only hated himself for what he did to Padme but not for anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.