main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why did Boba repaint the Slave 1 and his armor?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by RogueWompRat, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Just seems kinda disrespectful to Jango...

2. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    The armor may not have been Jango's.
    But I have also heards somewhere that Boba burried his father on Geonosis and later when he was the right size he went back to get it in its old dirty state. Also with the Slave 1.

Or it could have rusted living on Kamino or sumthin.

3. Kizakh

Kizakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Assuming it was the same suit of armor (EU sources and RPG books say it wasn't), I imagine it would be to assert his own identity, or perhaps to blend in with a certain environment better (shiny silver doesn't do this often).

As for Slave I, it's gotta match, don't it?

I'd say that keeping the ship (with the same name) is a pretty decent memorial to his father.

4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Hmmmm, i think he might have done it somewhere between Episode II and A New Hope to match his armor, but i'm not sure.

5. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    According to the EU, after Jango was killed Boba buried his father on Geonosis and hid his armor in a cave, but he kept the helmet. From The New Essential Guide to Characters: "He (Boba) possessed Jango's reflexes, Jango's ship, Slave I, and a set of Mandalorian armor that had once belonged to Jaster Mereel, his father's mentor." That's the same armor he wears in the OT, though he has multiple components that he uses in various configurations with his armor, with varying coloration and detail to the helmet, chest plate, guantlets, etc. I believe there are three or four Fett armor variations seen (ESB armor, ROTJ armor, publicity photo armor, and the SE armor).

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    According to the 'AOTC:Incredible Cross-Sections' writeup on Slave I: "When Jango's son Boba inherits Slave I, he will make some changes to suit his greater infamy and more aggressive style, including increased interstellar range and fuel capacity, installation of superior stealth jammers and other stealth hardware".

And from 'AOTC: The Illustrated Companion':
    "Following the death of Jango Fett, Boba will become the sole pilot of Slave I and give the ship a distinctive new livery".

7. Angel_Blue01

Angel_Blue01 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2001
    There already was a thread on this!

And IMHO, Boba's armor is not Jango's. Look at the differences! For one thing, the dent is on the wrong side. 8-}

8. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    He got new armor and painted S1 to match it.

9. jimkk29

jimkk29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Boba probably got a new "Slave 1" and a new armour.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Slave I is the same ship that Jango flew, but the armor is completely different.

11. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    a different man needs a different identity. clone or not, boba needed to make a name for himself. people would just think, "oh, it's JANGO fett." but he has a different look, and he's got his own thing going on.

12. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    A single word: Upgrades.

Say you inherit your father's 1972 Royal Blue Ford Pinto. You drive it around, there's general wear and tear, the car gets older, and you have to put new parts in it, then BLAM, it's 1986, and you get into a minor fender bender. Ford doesn't make '72 fenders in '86, so you've got to go to a junk yard. They've got your fender, but it's white. You buy it anyway because, well, you need the fender. You'll just have it painted.

But then you get a job offer from a Dark Lord asking you to hunt down an ex-smuggler...

(see where I'm going with this?)

13. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I think Slave 1 was the way it was made not remade at all.

14. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    k-man
    A single word: Upgrades.

Say you inherit your father's 1972 Royal Blue Ford Pinto. You drive it around, there's general wear and tear, the car gets older, and you have to put new parts in it, then BLAM, it's 1986, and you get into a minor fender bender. Ford doesn't make '72 fenders in '86, so you've got to go to a junk yard. They've got your fender, but it's white. You buy it anyway because, well, you need the fender. You'll just have it painted.

But then you get a job offer from a Dark Lord asking you to hunt down an ex-smuggler...

(see where I'm going with this?)

Umm...That it's hard to find a good 72 Ford Pinto fender? :D

15. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Although it is fairly easy to find another Firespray-class light intercepter, I doubt Boba would trade his father's craft for a newer one... unless something terrible were to happen. Even then, I believe he would fix it.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

16. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Perhaps he wouldn't want to be known as Jango, think about it, if he kept everything like Jango's they would know him as a ghost from the past. He is a bounty hunter of his own so why not be green and red. Plus his father would probably have had a different color of armor for Boba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.