main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why did Dooku tell obi wan about a sith controlling the senate ?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by lucozader, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucozader

lucozader Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    Why did he ask obi wan to join him ?

2. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    I think it prob has something to do with why Vader wanted Luke to join him. Together Dooku prob thought that he and Obi Wan could destroy Palpatine and Dooku could take control. Not entirely sure though.

3. LazyDivey

LazyDivey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2003
    Perhaps Dooku truely did miss Qui-gon, so the idea of joining up with his apprentice was comforting to him.

4. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    I think Dooku wanted to replace Sidious, just as Anakin began to feel in Ep3. Sith are always trying to replace each other to become the top guy. Perhaps Dooku felt since there was a common connection with Qui-Gon, he may have a decent chance of swaying Obi-Wan's opinion towards his views.

I like how Dooku, in that conversation with Obi-Wan, played himself just as Sidious does with Anakin when trying to lure him to the dark side. He played the act of "Hey, don't you see? I am the good guy trying to defeat the bad! Don't be blinded by their tricks! My way is the right way!"

5. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    all sith are trying to destroy their masters. dooku thought obi-wan might sympathize with him, being qui-gon's master, and help him kill sidious.

6. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Definitely. Every Sith is always on the lookout for a situation to upgrade either their apprentice or their power status. Also at that point Dooku probably reasoned that if Obiwan didn't side with him, he could always kill him.

7. Darth_Abtranor

Darth_Abtranor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    I think Dooku just likes to talk and brag.

8. HerbertMorrison

HerbertMorrison Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Read this for the whole reason:

"...The first meeting of the CIS is hosted on the planet Geonosis, where Obi-Wan Kenobi is captured by the Geonosians and accused of espionage. Dooku cleverly claims that he has no power over the decision. Furthermore, with equal cunning, Dooku deflects suspicions of Chancellor Palpatine's plotting of all this by simply telling the truth to Kenobi about the conspiracy, successfully gambling that the hostile Jedi would never believe this allegation coming from him. There is also speculation that Dooku may in fact have been trying to acquire Obi-Wan as his own apprentice in a personal effort to wrestle power from Sidious, a common occurence among the Sith..."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dooku

9. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2005
    or he could have actually been telling the truth...

obiwon] but the seperatists are EVIL!! they're puppets of the sith!!

dooku] yeah, well, the republic's also run by an evil sith lord, so kind makes the whole thing pointless eh? Join me, you're master was kind of antiestablishment anyway, and it's not like your on the 'right' side of the whole thing anyway!!

10. lucozader

lucozader Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    i wanted dooku to be a good guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.