main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why did it take 6 months to evac Yavin?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Just curious, as I haven't come across any explanation to it, why did it take so long to evac Yavin after the balloon popped? That Dodonna had to stay back and sacrifice himself, that the Rebs had no other locales to relocate their HQ?

Was their base there so insurmountable that the Imp fleet couldn't send them running, and why would they stay?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They got important personell (shy Dodonna, it seems) out of there soon after the battle, but then the Imperials blockaded the planet before they could get everyone else off.

Vader had them hold off on attacking the base until Executor could be completed, so that it could be used as his personal sword of vengeance.

3. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Interesting. What sources can I read that from, to obtain more info? (books, guides, comics?) So the Rebs just sat there, fending off Imp harrassmant, for six whole months?!

Unrelated, Juhani is ugly to look at. Almost orcish. And I'm going to keep reloading that who-dun-it mystery till I get it right! Or are you suppose to lose it intentionally?

Ah well . . .

4. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Excellence

"Interesting. What sources can I read that from, to obtain more info? (books, guides, comics?) So the Rebs just sat there, fending off Imp harrassmant, for six whole months?!"

Basically, yeah. In the Goodwin/Williamson strips they fended off the Executor, and in the Marvel books they came under almost daily TIE attacks.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    You can also read more about it in the Essential Chronology.

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    The empire attacked with a ground assault around the first month, but it was a failure... As the rebels were alerted, and were able to leave the planet and hide for a short time...(Star Wars Kids comics)

However the rebels were not capable of getting past the blockade, and were forced to return to the planet...

Of course there was the handfull of attacks that occured during the marvel period...

7. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    The EC, eh? Okay. I was just wondering why it took so long to evac a compromised base. When were these marvel comics published?

8. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Between ANH and ROTJ. From my understanding, all the heavy equipment was taken out soon after the DS died, but then the Empire slapped a blockade on the sector. At first the base waqs hammered by air attacks (Marvel) but then Darth V halted them, for he wanted to b%#@* slap the Rebels personally aboard the Executer, which was nearing completion.

9. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Can you imagine how many pairs of shoes a princess carries around? they were lucky to evacuate within six months.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Not to mention giant hairdryers and Dot Matrix.

11. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    LMAO at the two above posts!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.