main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Why did Luminara just climb into her own execution sarcophagus?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Tammy Mac

Tammy Mac Jedi Knight

Dec 10, 2013
    Since Filoni only said 'The' Inquisitor killed her, not which one, imagine if it was Barriss; rite of passage to Inquisitor status. That she had to strike her old master dead to prove her allegiance and what was why Luminara didn't resist because it would have meant possibly killing her former student.

thatotherjedi and pepoluan like this.
  2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That would certainly be an interesting and dark twist, but Luminara would have likely been able to separate the former padawan from the inquisitor she had become (if that is indeed the case). Had Barriss turned to the dark side, I believe Luminara would have been willing to kill her in combat. At the point where she looked up at someone and walked to her death, she may have wanted to escape the turmoil the galaxy had become. The Republic had fallen and the Jedi Order was no more, that alone could have meant failure in her eyes, and a loss of hope. If her former padawan was staring back at her, it could have broken her further.

pepoluan and jakobitis89 like this.
  3. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I think Luminara is basically at the end of her metaphorical rope, as I said before. If Barriss really IS the she-Inquisitor AND she's the one to finish her old master off then that's probably just the final blow, in every sense.

pepoluan and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  4. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Yep. An unworthy death for a once great Jedi master.

But that's just the way Filoni likes it, right?

tommy-lin likes this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Davak24

However cruel, this was better then her dying right away in order 66. And if the sad look on her face when we see the hologram is anything to go by; she probably knew her exacutioner. That could be one of the reasons she went along to her death willingly.

Also, you've been reminded many times to not bring up Filoni everywhere. I get that you don't like him but it doesn't belong in every thread.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Oh great. This just keeps getting better and better.

My apologies.

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Of course, it's just speculation. And it isn't a bad thing. It just makes it that much sadder.

It's fine.

8. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    To me, if it turns out to be true, I'll be like

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
  10. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I'll pm you.

11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Wheee... now that you've put that idea in my head, I'm thinking of one fairly obvious person who could have been said executioner, if that was the route they wanted to go. I mean, if it was anyone in general who was known to Luminara that would be bad enough, but this specific person doing the honors would be just gut wrenching. Here's a clue: It's someone who is already widely speculated to be an Inquisitor based on the Rebels S2 trailers...

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yep. I know exactly who you mean. ;) Luminara doesn't get a break does she?

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  13. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    How was she taken alive - so was she not with Yoda on Kashykk and executed with Order 66? Was it during the subsequent purge?

And if so, how was a Jedi detained and kept imprisoned given her powers?

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    We don't know how she was taken alive but it was after Order 66 I believe. And I assume they use force restraining handcuffs or something.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  15. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Jana Lorso?

"Lorso isn't the most popular inquisitor I've worked with, but she gets the job done."