main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why did Sidious let the Neimoidians know he was a Sith?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Azhrei, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azhrei

Azhrei Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2004
    What was the point of that? He could've just operated as a business man, or just someone with an interest in the blockade of Naboo. It couldn't have been to let the Jedi find out for themselves, because he had Maul to do that.

Perhaps he used it to terrify them into doing his bidding, but wasn't that taking a great risk? He didn't let them know that he was Senator Palpatine, but one of the Neimoidians did turn his head as he passed Palpatine towards the end of the film, as if he identified him. Throughout the film, the Neimoidians remained very nervous about the alliance - they knew if the Republic or Jedi found out, they'd be in big trouble. They went with the alliance out of greed - but to their downfall.

I don't see why he had to let them know who he was at all?

2. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    I don't think he risked much telling them. It allowed him to control them using fear, and if they told anyone about it they wouldn't believe them. Or if anyone did believe them, then yeah, they'd be in a whole lot of trouble for knowingly cooperating with a Sith Lord. "We should not have made this bargain..." may have been a slight understatement.

3. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Sidious knew that the Nemodian's are cowardley. And in order to take full advantage of that, he needed to reveal himself as a serious bad guy. Also, I doubt if the Neimodians seriously knew just what Sidious being a Sith meant. I mean, their an ultra-secretive organization that has thought to been extinct for a good 1,000 years. Before the rise of the Empire, people probably considered the Sith to be more of a disturbing legend than a living, breathing group of individuals.

4. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge."

Step 1: Announce yourself by making your presence known to venal gossipers.

5. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    Nute Gunray? Afraid?

HA!

6. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Well I'm sure it took soem real coniving in order to think up a way to scare Gunray. I mean that guys like a wall of sheer unmatchable will-power and courage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.