main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why did The Empire Strikes Back make the least amount of money? though it is the best among many?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthSithLord, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Well the Title says it all.

You have 5 Star Wars Movies on the top 20's list, and Return of the Jedi is the last one before TESB. So The Empire Strikes Back, which is still considered to be the Best Star Wars Film of all Time, it made the least amount of Money. 290 million at the Box Office.

Original SW made 460 million, Attack of the Clones Made 302 million (Plus 8 million at IMAX) So add that make it 310 million TPM Made 420 or so Million. yet thats considered to be the worst of the 6.

So can anyone answer this for me, Why is it TESB made the least amount of money in the BOX OFFICE, yet is considered to be the BEST, Which IMHO TESB Is the best. Can anyone Answer this? I would put this is the Star Wars Community Forum but, since I'm here I decided to put it in the Classic Trilogy Forum, Considering its talking about just one film, not all 6 in a way.

EV Edit: My guess is because ESB wasn't as "original" as ANH. None of the SW movies have come close to topping ANH...accounting for inflation. Also existing thread.

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.