main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why did the Rebellion use Sith Temples from Yavin 4 made during the Exar Kun Wars??

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Darth_Aster, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Aster

Darth_Aster Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    During the Exar Kun Wars, Exar Kun used Yavin 4 as a base and a place for building Sith Temples, building one after the other. The Republic then bombarded Yavin 4 leaving only a couple of temples still intact. Over the next 5 millenia the temples were still there. No doubt the temples were used by the rebellion in episode IV. My question is this why would the Rebellion use Sith temples as a prime base.

[face_skull] Darth_Aster [face_skull]

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Because those records were lost; it wasn't known that they were Sith temples.

3. Darth_Aster

Darth_Aster Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    Oh i see, i was thinking about that, but thank you for your clarification.

[face_skull] Darth_Aster[face_skull]

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    THe buildings were already there, and they didn't have to do any construction. Much easier to hide in something existing than to have to build something and hope no one notices the construction.

5. Jedi_Authority

Jedi_Authority Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    Yavin is also a pretty backwater place. I think it would be difficult to recognize the rebels presence there.

6. 1obi-wan-kenobi

1obi-wan-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    they had no idea that they were sith temples

7. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    because KJA is a horrible hack and he felt the need to unnecessarily complicate the backstory of the Rebel base on Yavin IV, stretching credibility to the breaking point with one of the most contrived piece of **** storylines in the history of the EU.

oh, sorry, you meant in-universe. they had no idea they were Sith temples.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    If I recall correctly (and I may not--KJA is a 2-bit hack and very forgettable), the base was Massassi temples, and the sith temple was hidden deeper in the forest.

9. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    if i recall correctly, the Massassi were Sith aliens.

10. Koohii

May 30, 2003
  11. Jedi_Rhysode

Jedi_Rhysode Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2004
    From I remember reading in the Jedi Academy book trilogy, the massassi were an indiginous race on Yavin IV that were mentally enslaved by Exar_Kun to build the great temples for him. The temples were designed and imbued with power in such a way that they focused force energy into the people inside. This made it an ideal location for Luke to train new force users. The massassi were all simultaneosly murdered by Kun to give him the strength to kill an attaking fleet with their life-force.

Edit: and yes, KJA really did have a way with stretching the reasonable limits to an ongoing saga.

12. fryda_swaid

fryda_swaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005

13. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    A building's history is not necessarily indicative of its future. Luke understood this concept.

Vangarian out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.