main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why did they fire on the Invisible Hand?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    ^ "It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary."

Somehow it fits this thread.

Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  2. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Oh gawd, no ....

If you compare the destruction then the IH MAYBE hit like a Jawa on the way to the "happy landing"

Or maybe they did , and perhaps that's why the ANH Jawas wanted R2 for themselves before they sold the Lars' a shoddy unit.

Idk ...

3. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    ROTS is tied with TESB as my favorite, but I think GL messed up on this sequence. He could've come up with a better way to knock the Invisible Hand out of orbit. He could've had a two other ships -- one Republic and one CIS trade fire. One of them could've been seriously damaged and crashed into the Invisible Hand, causing it to fall towards Coruscant. They wouldn't have ever jeopardized a head of state's life like that.

Maybe the taking out their ability to go lightspeed makes a little sense, but then they should've concentrated their fire on the engine exhausts at the back of the ship, and even that seems risky to me.

The novelization's explanation makes even less to me. Just because Grievous doesn't put Palpatine on the phone, they start shelling the ship? Maybe Palpatine was using the bathroom. No, they would have to confirm that Palpatine wasn't on the ship before they'd open fire. Not allowing Palpatine to communicate certainly doesn't confirm that he's not there because... well, he turned out to be alive.