main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why did they give Chewy C3PO back?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by midthomp, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midthomp

midthomp Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    They left 3po in the room when they left for dinner with vader. Next thing you see is Chewy fixing him in jail. Why would they give him back?

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Perhaps so they could extrapolate any kind of intilligence the droid may carry. Why have one of your own guys repair him, thats a waste of resources, might as well have a captive do it, then torture the droid for information.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    An absolutely beautiful comic called "Thank the Maker" gives some potential insight. :_|

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    That was one of my favorite EU comic shorts. Very touching, even if it is a bit of a stretch to think Vader might recognize him after all that time.

But seriously? I thought they just shoved all the rebels together in one area. Half-smolded droids and everything.

5. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Maybe they wanted to distract him. A wookie isn't exactly weak and could do lots of damage if infuriated, so it's better to give him something to do.

Or Lando sent 3PO's parts to him.

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    They didn't want to anger Chewie anymore than he already was.
    Perhaps.

-Seldon

7. Mos_Eisley

Mos_Eisley Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    An absolutely beautiful comic called "Thank the Maker" gives some potential insight.

Yep, Star Wars Tales was the best idea that Dark Horse ever came up with concerning Star Wars.

Too bad that they've revamped it by extending the length of each story which means less individual stories per issue and everything has to fit into continuity now which means no more humor or what if stories or anything else that might be cool.

8. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    It's most likely that Lando, even though not on good terms with the rebels, gave Threepio back. Whether it was permissible by Vader's will or not, I'm not sure. Lando probably did it underhandedly.

9. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    That is a good point, Lando in a desperate act to gain some favor back granted Chewie the droid. It may have been Lando's guilt that led the the droid being with the others.

-Seldon

10. Ididitall4thewookie

Ididitall4thewookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2004
    To tell you the truth I am not even sure why he was shot in the first place. There were apparently OTHER protocol droids running around Cloud City, so why would stormtroopers feel the need to shoot HIM? I know their presence was supposed to be a secret to Han and the crew but how would they know to shoot THIS protocol droid?

11. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    because he noticed they were stormtroopers and was going to tell the others, the empire's goons aren't completely stupid.

12. Ididitall4thewookie

Ididitall4thewookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2004
    What I am saying is that how did they know that that particular protocol droid was with Han and Leia? Apparently they didnt care if they Ugnaughts knew that they were there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.