CT why did they hang around?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by mikadojedi, Feb 19, 2013.

1. mikadojedi Force Ghost

star 4
    ok, here i am watching return of the jedi on blu ray. loving every moment, as always. safe in the gffa.
    so, here's my question...
    when luke surrenders to vader, he does so at night. why did they stay until daytime to leave endor for their journey to the emperor?
    unless that was a different shuttle taking off.
    Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    *Shrug*

It'd been awhile since they'd seen each other, I'm sure they had alot to discuss :p
  3. Bobatron Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Maybe Luke surrendered right before dawn, or the sun quickly comes up on Endor.
    TreborSabreon and DARTHSHAME like this.
  4. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Luke: So tell me what happened to Mom.
    Vader: I told you to let it go.
  5. ILNP Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    My personal opinion is that it's a different shuttle. Now there's nothing I know of that supports that opinion but then there's nothing I know of to suggust that the shuttle we see take off during the day was Vader's.
  6. Ingram_I Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  7. Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'll vote for this. Best solution.
  8. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
    Easy. Endor has a 6 minute rotational cycle making it's day and night only 3 minutes apiece!
    StarWarsVerses likes this.
  9. mikadojedi Force Ghost

star 4
    thank you all, for replies serious and humorous. a laugh much needed. :)
  10. sg1A Jedi Padawan

star 1
    My answer must be known!

for real maybe he didn't want the Emperor to know that he had captured Luke or he would try to convert him to his side before the Emperor told Luke his proposal to rule the galaxy side by side.

or maybe it's just what all the other members said LOL
  11. darthzac14 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    That's better. ;)
    eht13 likes this.
  12. janstett Force Ghost

star 3
    Lucas is a visual storyteller.

Translation: Luke surrendering at night looked cooler. He probably had to be restrained from having storm clouds and lightning. Actually that would have been a good scene for pouring rain and grey skies.

But it didn't make sense for the takeoff scene to be at night. So apparently Luke and Vader decided to sleep on it. Or Endor has very short days. Our moon actually has permanent day/night, the same side is always facing the Earth.
    Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  13. natureboy76 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Imperial daylight savings time?
    Last edited by natureboy76, Mar 19, 2013
  14. Beautiful_Disaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Based on Vader's reaction after his conversation with Luke, maybe he needed to meditate and try and steel his will with the Dark Side before he took Luke before Palpatine
  15. Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master

star 1
    They had a meal, it was evidenced in ESB that Vader likes to capture people then have a bite to eat. Not quite sure what he eats to be fair, crackers that he slides through the grill on his mask or maybe a protein shake?
    Jarren_Lee-Saber and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. Bale Force Ghost

star 4
    They went camping and stayed up all night telling each other Force Ghost stories.
  17. Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Uh what?
  18. Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master

star 1
    Oh yeah, standard Vader capture and meal siuation. Leia probably had it on the Death star too. ;)
    Jarren_Lee-Saber and DarthBoba like this.
  19. Among the Clouds Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree that it's a bit weird that the shuttle takes off at daybreak. While I think that it is in fact supposed to be Vader's shuttle taking off in that scene, it doesn't necessarily have to be. The Rebels landed in the same sort of shuttle, so it's entirely possible that it was a commonly used model.
  20. jainasky Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I had always thought he surrendered right before dawn because when he spoke with Leia it was dark, he had to make his way there, he surrendered and then he and Vader spoke. It had to take some time for all that o happen.
  21. darth_mccartney Force Ghost

star 2
    Hmm never really thought about it in that way...I always assumed it was just another ship! lol
  22. Roberto Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I can forgive Lucas on this very minor detail no problem at all great way to end a classic trilogy. But episode 1 details major problems I forgive him on that too but never I forget
  23. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Because Lucas is the anti-Bay. Compare Lucas's dawn for no reason with the fact the sun seems to set and rise every six minutes or so in a Michael Bay film.
  24. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    The Imperial garrison was in the middle of a soccer competition, so Luke and Vader decided to take part before heading off to the Death Star.
  25. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    The Emperor was asleep. Vader knew better than to interrupt his master's (much needed) beauty sleep, so he decided to wait a few hours.