main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why did Vader believe Luke was on the Falcon

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Naboo1, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaydenSeek

HaydenSeek Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
    He could feel the Force in Luke, it was even more clear to Vader in RotJ as Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie and a group of rebels were given clearance aboard the "Shuttle Tyderium" and they prepared to land on Endor.

2. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    The Falcon is a pretty cool ship. I wish I had one. I can't blame Vader for wanting one of his very own.

Why would he want a YT-1300, when he could probably buy a fleet YT-2400s, which in my opinion are cooler.

3. Lyssa_Skywalker

Lyssa_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    I was wondering....
    Why could Vader sense that Luke was his child, but not Leia?

4. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003

at the end of ROTJ, when vader is trying to push luke's buttons, he revealed he knew about leia. I think he knew about leia, but he wanted luke because he would be stronger and vader wanted to use leia as luke's final step into the dark side.

5. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    When did Vader ever believe Luke was on the Falcon?

I just don't know where anyone got this from. It's not in the movie. He was going after the Falcon because it had just blasted out of Hoth. It pretty much was the last ship to leave and Vader knew from previous experience that that ship was responsible for a lot of his problems.

He probably didn't know who was officially on that ship until it landed on Bespin. Then he changed his plan to lure Luke to Bespin, knowing, in the least, he was Force-sensitive enough to feel their suffering.

But I still don't get the assumption that Vader thought Luke was on the Falcon.

6. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Personally, I thought Vader believed Luke was aboard the Falcon. Luke and Han used the Falcon to get the Princess off the Death Star, so he probably assumed Luke and Han were using it to get the Princess off Hoth. With his attention on the Falcon, Vader probably missed all the X-Wings that were fleeing, and one of those X-Wings carried Luke as he went to a secret location Vader never knew about. When they arrived at Bespin, Vader saw Luke wasn't with them, just that it was Solo, the Princess, a Wookie, and a droid, so he decided to use them as bait. If he didn't come with them, he will come TO them, and sent a signal throughout the Galaxy by way of Force.

As Lando said, "He's not after you at all, he's after someone...Skywalker!"

7. Lord-Vegas

Lord-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Vader was after the main rebels and went after the Falcon presuming that possibly Luke, Leia & Han would be in it at least Han and Chewie, also the Falcon was unque (yes I know it was a YT1300 but not many left at that time) X-Wings were pretty common fighter so it would make sense to go after the Falcon.

He was also pretty angry that the Falcon helped the rebels, escaped from Tatooine, escaped from and helped blow up the Death Star, outrun and outflew his Star Destroyers, Brought back Ben Kenobi, Destroyed 4 Tie Fighters, Damaged his personal fighter within the space of a 2 hour movie!!!

Jees by ROJT he must have been really livid :)

8. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    He senced Leia after all ti would make sence to have Luke and Leia's force sig be very similar. and about the "I'm sure Skywalker is with them" well there was a Skywalker just not the Skywalker he was looking for. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.