main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why did you choose your icon?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Rakima_55, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I used the old Obi-Wan Kenobi icon all the way through my first 7,999 posts. Obi-Wan, to me, is the second most powerful Jedi next to Yoda. Now that I understood the PT a little better, his sacrifice in ANH such that Anakin will live is that much more poignant. When I hit 8,000 posts, I needed a change and a fresh look. I officially switched over to young Obi-Wan Kenobi. I'll most likely stay with this one until at least 15,999.

2. Bossk_BountyHunter

Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2002
    Ben Kenobi is my mentor.Like a second father.

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Usually I just go with my namesake (before there was one of Bria Tharen, I went either with Han, Leia, Lando or the old Rebel symbol), but right now I'm having fun using icons I created. :D

EDIT: JediYvette, more than one person (including myself) has made a Daala icon. Go over to the Custom icon thread and post that you're interested in one. ;)

~*~Bria

4. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Alot more people would have this icon if they knew the power of the sheep side! I have "The Knowledge"!

5. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I am still floored that TF.N allowed that icon to be used. It's not that I don't find it funny. It's just that it's really right on the line of being acceptable versus not.

6. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    because it looks like this pic: [image=http://www.neonwheels.com/preacher/images/saint1.jpg]

7. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I chose this one because there isn't a blue lighsaber icon that I like. I know that there is an Old Ben icon with the blue saber, but I wanted something different. Besides, it looks really cool.

8. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Because I've always liked the green lightsaber out of all the lightsaber colors; it was the nonconformist color of choice for some Jedi (Luke and Qui-Gon). :)

9. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    What is up with that sheep icon anyways?

Something to do with the fact that that sheep was the first clone that was made? :confused:

10. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    While I don't know the story behind it, the Sheep/Vader icon comes from the The Shaving Habits of Big DV over in the Movies (CT) section. ;)

~*~Bria

11. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Because I was tired of that old lobot icon, so I made this one. They uploaded it and now I'm hapy as an elephant.

Edit: The lobot looks so dignified in this icon. I like it how he stares right at you from the screen. Gives me the the creeps. :D

Edit: It's one of those pictures where the eyes of the person in it follow you around.

12. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Wow, that is pretty happy.

13. Lobot_Omy

Jul 9, 2001
    Your new icon looks good, Sapient. I always prefered this one over your old one. Now you can look like Darth Sin. ;)

14. DevilsAdvocate

DevilsAdvocate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    Who better to represent the opposing side? :D

15. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I chose this icon because no one else was using it, and I wanted to seem semi-unique. :)

16. Lobot_Omy

Jul 9, 2001
    I've seen other people use it. The sad thing is that there's practically no icon you can claim as your own only. Although, I haven't seen anybody use this lobot, yet.

17. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    "I am still floored that TF.N allowed that icon to be used. It's not that I don't find it funny. It's just that it's really right on the line of being acceptable versus not". - I don't know what you could mean! It has a legitimate and very acceptable place at the JC! ;)

Double_Sting, The Sheep icon was requested and lobbied for by those who post in the "Shaving Habits of Big DV" thread. Most of us carry this icon now. I supose it's a bit of an "in joke". However, it does take on other connotations in relation to whole cloning thing.

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I know where it comes from and I think it's funny. But you could also say that it looks like Darth Vader is experiencing a little backwoods adventure. It's like something out of Deliverance. Squeal......squeal....

19. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    LOL! Only to those with.....er..... vivid imaginations! :p

I can't see the connection myself ;)

20. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    i like Queen Amidala

i liked the purple dress the best

and i made it :D

21. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I chose my icon because it's Passel Argente!

Magistrate of the Corporate Alliance in Episode II. He is corrupt, foul, and greedy. He will be played by Stephen Boyle.

22. DarthGunray

DarthGunray Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    Originally I had Darth Sidious to match with my Darth name. Then I went with a Jango Fett for a while. Then I decided to go with this Mace Windu one. I honestly haven't seen anyone else around the boards with this avatar.

23. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    Because I am fat.

24. TheDarth

TheDarth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    Well first i chose The empire icon cuz well TheDarth!
    now i chose another icon cuz i got bored, i chose the DarthVader one, cuz well TheDarth!

25. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Mastering the deadly art of Deep Sea Fishing Rod fighting is commendable in my book. ;) Plus their costumes are cool. :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.