main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why didn't Darth Vader use battle meditation during the attack on the Death Star?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by THRAWNFAN, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    :oops:

I... but... I just.... ARGH!

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Except for moving vines and such. There is a loophole for that. [face_laugh]

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Not really. From an IU standpoint, the question posed by the OP is a valid one. Yours makes no sense in either universe.

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    what? why not?

5. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Well, for an out of universe explanation, Battle Meditation wasn't thought of yet.

Now, for the in universe, maybe because of his injuries, Vader wasn't strong enough to attempt it.

6. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    That's certainly a plausible explanation. It is also possible that he could have used the technique, but felt it was unnecessary as he did not perceive the Rebels to be a true threat.

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Since battle meditation is more of a mental ability than a physical one, i doubt that his injuries would have much effect on whether or not he can do it.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The road to the Force is through the breath.

9. Matthew78

Matthew78 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2006
    Battle Meditation is good but against 30 rebel fighters that have little chance of winning it is certantly overkill, why waste time using it when the turbolasers and Tie Fighters can deal with the rebels?and even after the rebels have proved to have been good enough Vader can just simply enter the battle himself and personally go after the strongest rebel pilot and his wingmen and destroy them, he goes after Luke and disables Wedge and kills Biggs and is about to kill Luke until Han Solo shows up and ruins it for him, i think that is also the main reason why Darth Vader is inside of the room on Bespin watching Han being tortured because he is punishing Han for being a constant pain in the ass for him and always getting away, except now he cannot escape and Vader finally has him in his grasp.

But Vader seems to be a strong arm type of guy, instead of using Battle Meditation he would just use his customized Tie Advanced and destroy any threats personally, being the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy as Anakin and even better as a Sith Lord Vader is certantly qualified enough to easily take any pilots head on and win, and battle meditation takes time to kick in and work while starfighters going after enemy fighters dont take as long and end the threat a lot quicker, with Vader personally leading them it takes like 5 or 10 minutes tops, so Vader relies on use of force because for him it is more effective, and Vader is more of a brute and doenst respect certain powers that require more mental focus than others do.

10. kabob

kabob Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2007
    I like to think it's he's lack of patience.

11. smibrilundun

smibrilundun Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    Going by my memories of KOTOR Battle Meditation was a rare power . In fact at that time only Bastila had that power in the first game . There was a force power of the same name in The Sith Lords but it didn't seem to me to be anyway as powerful as what Bastila used. Also the power that Bastila used need the user to be doing nothing but the Battle Meditation so going by the game even if Vader had that power then he might not have been able to use it while flying a Tie Fighter. of course other forms of battle meditation might not have that fault.

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I think that Nomi Sunrider could do battle meditation while doing other things at the same time.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    In POD, the Cerean Jedi using the battle meditation is doing just that, meditation, and cannot ( or will not ) even defend herself against being struck down by Kopecz.

14. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Come now, Vader is a warrior. He wants to win the old fashioned way. Battle Meditation is nice but the thrill of blowing up the enemy yourself is far better.

15. lightthunder1

lightthunder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005
    yes he was fighting luke

16. THRAWNFAN

THRAWNFAN Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2007
    Yeah, Vader is supposed to be the second most powerful Force user in the galaxy at that moment, and I would think hes smart enough to not always strongarm someone when you can use mental powers. However, since hes such a great pilot, I guess he assumed that he could kill the rebels without using any Force power. However, it seems strange that he didn't "kick it in a notch" when he sensed Luke

17. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Yeah... I'm not too clear on why one EU question is valid, and mine isn't.

18. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Well it's true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.