main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why didn't Dooku just betray Palpatine at the last minute?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Graves101, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I'd like to point out that the image Palpatine presented in the Senate is very different from the one Anakin is familiar with in private.

So yeah, Palpatine on the Invisible Hand is the Palpatine Anakin knows.

----------

not to that degree though,

Palps took it to a whole new level on the invisible hand, at least to me​

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  2. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Country Dooku was simply getting too old. I believe that if he and Anakin would have dueled again that the anger that Anakin harbored would have been unmatched. Anakin was a stronger apprentice than Dooku.

3. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    You really can't say if something makes sense or not when someone obviously is shocked. it really too him off guard and she was speechless. I'm sure if he had time to think about it he probably would have done something else.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Anakin had no reason to believe a word Dooku said, and had a massive personal score to settle from the years of war that he held Dooku responsible for. Not to mention his arm, and Dooku trying to kill his soon-to-be wife in the arena.

Marco1907 likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This is also rather apt. It's hard to unwind your entire Evil Sith Scheme (tm) in the space of seconds when you've just been mutilated and you're close to being decapitated by a younger Jedi who is now being encouraged by someone who you thought was your trustworthy Evil Sith Master. And, if anything in that scene, Dooku looks at least shocked. Ain't much more complicated than that.

6. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    If there is a reason, I agree it had to be the shock of having two lightsabers poised at his neck and the fact that the man he had put his faith in had just demanded his death.

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That is a good question. Why are all these Sith apprentices so afraid of their master? What hold does he have on them? Is it simply the fear of reprisals, or is it something that deals with the mind, like mind control? I would like to think it's the latter, but since it isn't clarified in the films there's no way of really knowing what a Sith Master's power over his apprentice really entails.

8. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Because high-born aristocrats with lots of self-confidence don't beg for their lives at swordpoint. They defiantly and calmly take their medicine with dignity.

Besides, he may be thinking, "If Palpatine can sell me down the river, he can do the same to Anakin, too. Why warn him? Let the punk get taken in and betrayed, like I was. Serves him right!" Or, "This kid's better than I thought. In fact, he might even be the one to kill off that Sith liar. I'll take what's coming to me, and I'll be waiting in Hell when Palpatine gets there."